Armortec 900 power or technique?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by JoHn B, Apr 2, 2007.

1. JoHn B

JoHn B Regular Member

Hey everyone, i was wondering which one of these rackets i should get next. I like the power because it will probably help my smash and i like the technique because it will help my defense but i dont know which one to get. I am currently using an Armortec 300 and find it quite balanced but i would like to buy a racket that is either more defensive or more offensive. I play both doubles and singles and my general style is to mix up an attack between drop shots, smashes, drives etc. so i dont smash a great deal i just try to be unpredictable. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. killersmash

killersmash Regular Member

technique coz you are more of a control player

3. JoHn B

JoHn B Regular Member

thanks mate i was wondering if i was getting any reply at all, not the best of starts seeing as i joined today

4. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Well if you can demo each of them, that would probably be a recommended indea as well.

5. sac_man

sac_man Regular Member

Engineer
    I tried the "technique " last night, it was very nice..its very balance racquet , I am using Nano 7000, for playing double, my personal opinion that Amortec 900 is better racquet, I am thinking about switching to Technique or power..

6. JoHn B

JoHn B Regular Member

thanks for all the help ppl, i have now ordered the Armortec 900 technique with Nanogy 95 strings and should arrive by the end of the week, thanks a lot!!!

7. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    i have demo both rackets before. power seems to suit me better. it was easier to get used to. technique on the other hand took me awhile to get used to it. after smashing a bit with the technique, i felt that my arm was more tired compared to using the power (i demo technique then i demo power). they are however in the same weight class, with the same flex. only the distribution of weight is different. the power is suppose to be more head heavy but i found it so only by a very slight variance (yeah i'm weird or maybe itz the position where i hold my grip at). the technique is like what everyone else says, even balanced. from MY personal preference from demoing, i'd say get the power. however as usual, if u can try it out before u buy it, that would be the best.

*I currently own 0 yonex rackets. But i have tried out most of the high ends.

8. limbo88

limbo88 Regular Member

Go for Technique in UK you can get it for £120 now... from advancedrackets.com i think thats where i got mine

9. limbo88

limbo88 Regular Member

The Technique is very head heavy~ if you hold it from the head there is no weight at all it is not even balanced.. lol it is a head heavy racket the difference is in the shape of the frame the technique is more aerodynamic the power more traditional Armortec

10. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    They don't have 3UG5 and I can also get an AT900 for £111 from somewhere else.

Also if you read the reviews in the acutal AT900 thread, it's not as head heavy as it sounds like from them using it.

#10 Matt, Apr 4, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  11. limbo88

limbo88 Regular Member

Really thats cheap but is it authorised and guaranteed for UK lol~most important 4 me and UK it generally 3UG3 but AT900 are all 3UG4

12. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    It's an authorized dealer which is not located in the UK.

13. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    To answer your question more directly. It does not matter to me where it is from like guaranteed for UK and so on, as long as it is the place is authorized and has what I want for the best price I can find it at.

#13 Matt, Apr 4, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  14. veasana

veasana Regular Member

student
    armortec 900 power or technique

Hi, I'm a intermediate player in badminton. I got a yonex muscle power 25 since 2 years. I want to change my racquet for an armortec 900 power or technique. I'm a net/defensive player. I lack in power but my smash are okay and to clear the shuttle from the backcourt, I'm okay but sometime I miss some strenght. Which of the armortec 900 should I get?

15. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Technique would be the one to go with.

16. veasana

veasana Regular Member

student
    Why should i get the technique one since I lack in power? I was thinking to get the power since i'm not strong.

17. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    It sounded like you are relying on the racket to do the power for you, it’s your skills.

With power, the racket is a bit stiffer than technique and the maneuverability of the racket is slower which would not probably suit your style of being a net/defensive player.

Also saying that you are not strong, a stiffer racket would not necessarily help you either because if the player cannot get the racket to flex, the power is already lost therefore not being able to get the full potential of the racket. Might want to read this for more info regarding the stiffness.

18. limbo88

limbo88 Regular Member

Fair enough lol

19. veasana

veasana Regular Member

student
    Thanks you very much for your tips. Im training my wrist right now and fore arm to get more power. I think that Im gonna buy the armortec 900 technique. Before that I will play with a stiff racquet to see if im okay. =)

20. snoopy

snoopy Regular Member

the uk spec AT900's are 4U,G4. if you have a 3U,G4 uk coded racket it may be a fake.