Mp 55 or MP 77 - for doubles?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Le_ig, Dec 12, 2001.

1. Le_ig

Le_ig Guest

Tell me please, which one is better for doubles; I doubt: recently I have bought
    a Ti-10 Regular 2U/3G but found it a little bit heavy for doubles, so I use it and my old Cab 20 Tour 2U/3G for simples.
    May be you have some other preferences, I mean not only YONEX racquets: smth. like FORZA (I know that Danish top players use it) or CARLTON....

I need a racquet which can produce a great smash (of course with my help :)) ), and quite good in defence.

2. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

MP 100. I odnt think The Mp 77 or Mp 55 can be used for Doubles. I woudl strobgly recommend That u Use Iso 800 fro doubles. But then Try it out B4 u want to buy it.

If u cant play with any 2U rackets for doubles then Buy The Iso Ti SP SX or SS. If u want a even lighter racket then Buy the Iso 900 Sr G5 version. U will like it. This is If u have very small hands.

3. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    I'd suggest a 3U racquet. Maybe a 3U Ti-10, considering that you already have the 2U model?

Out of the Forza Ti Tech models I've tested, I'd rate the 600 and the 1600 as the most powerful ones. The 600 has is oval and regular length, the 1600 is isometric and long. I use the 1600 currently, and find it to be close to the perfect racquet for me. I got it mainly to use in doubles but I have found it's equally great in singles.

Like you, I find that most Yonex 2U's are a bit on the heavy side, especially for fast doubles play. I have a MP-100 that I seldom use, as I find it slows me down and it doesn't give me more power or better control than the 1600.

All the Carlton racquets are lighter than Yonex' 2U racquets. I have a number of Airblades and Aerogears, but I'm not really up to date on the current models.

Hope this helps.

4. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Hey Mag, I asked u some stuff abt Prince racket. I hope u read the thread.

http://www.badmintonforum.com/forums/read.php?f=4&i=8954&t=8940

Hppe u would help me abt it mate!

5. Le_ig

Le_ig Guest

Thanks, Mag, for your advice. but you see, I have problem (if I can say so) - I live in France. And here I can find Forza Ti Tech 1100 or Ti Tech 1000. There is no 1600!

Which one you consider to be better (if you have already tried onr of them)?

Thanks!

6. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

http://www.lardesports.com/sommaire.htm

U have the Widest range of forza On it! I think It is French as well Buddy. Have fun!

7. joe

joe Guest

for a reaaally light racket go with mp 80 !! 4U, never tried it but its hell of a light racket!

8. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Eh... how can you recommend something you've only heard about, Joe? Is that helpful?

9. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Well, I've played with both the 1000 and the 1100. They are very different. The Ti Tech 1100 is very head light, extremely maneuverable, very good control... for me, a wonderful doubles racquet, but mind you -- one needs good technique to get a really thundering smash. Unfortunately, the 1100 has been taken off the market (at least here in Sweden) as they had a number of bad batches of this year's model... so be warned! I decided to replace mine with another model (the 1600).

The 1000 is for the very attack-minded player. It's very stiff and has a lot of power but less control than the 1100. Plus, it's an obsolete model as of this year. I wasn't too impressed by it to be honest, it felt lifeless somehow... It's hard to describe -- some racquets are just fun to play with, others are not.

But hey, if you live in France, then why not buy local? Babolat is an excellent French brand. I'd check out the Satellite Pulsar if I were you! I've only had a couple of rallies with it but it felt like a really nice racquet, light and maneuverable yet with good power.

10. Le_ig

Le_ig Guest

Mag!

Mag,

Thanks a lot for your advice!!! I'll try Babolat Pulsar, but you see, the head of the racquet has much more holes for the string than a usual one. On Babolat's site you can see the specs (www.babolat.com). Don't you think that it can weaken the resistance of the head while using high tensions, while clash ....?

By the way, Marina Andrievskaya, - are you pleased with her performances in Sweden? I live in France, but I am russian, as she. We have trained together when we lived in Moscow.