User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 18 to 25 of 25
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Penang, Malaysia
    Posts
    2,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    can kwun help to turn off the bold n the colored letters?

  2. #19
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,354
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alfa-2
    can kwun help to turn off the bold n the colored letters?
    turned off the bold and color. but unable to turn off the capitals without a lot of time.

    guttayelan, there is no need to post in bold, red and capital letters. please write appropriately in the future.

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,873
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guttayelan
    [COLOR=Black]IWAN:
    A PLAYER BROKE HIS ANKLE GOT OPERATED..ONE PLAYER INJURIED BACK..ONE PLAYER INJURIED KNEE..AND OTHE RPLAYER ALSO GOT KNEE HURT..
    Hi Guttayelan, I admit I don't know Gopi personally. However, even if he has hidden intentions such as money, why would he go all out to hijack the whole Indian squad and prevent them from going to the international tournaments? Does he get money if he hijacks them? I don't think so right? Let us say that there is corruption happening, and he can squander the money that was reserved for going to the international tournaments if he held back the players from going, then why would he object to letting the players go on their own?

    On another note, regarding the amount of injuries, sometimes it occurs not because of the training methods, but rather because the trainees themselves fail to take safety precautions. For example, if players are made to run down hill and they do it rushing down without maintaining a good posture, then obviously they are going to ruin their knee.

    And why can't Gopi have ex-professional players as his assistant coaches? There might be an issue of flexibility. Some old coaches may be stern and are unhappy about Gopi being their head coach. Some coach may not even know the game as well as the ex-professional players. So what about it? How about me? I'm a coach here in Singapore, I don't have a coach's certificate, but I sure as hell can coach much better than many coaches here in Singapore. Heck one kid that I've been coaching for one and a half years is now wanted by Singapore's ex-national head coach, and that kid is only 7 years old mind you and he's already wanted to compete against 10 year old boys. My point is, qualifications don't always matter.

    Why can't Gopi manage two teams? Hey, his club may have junior champions in the making, who knows? What if one of them turns out to be a man who can win the 2016 Olympics Gold Medal? Are you going to be responsible if that boy can't win the Olympics Gold Medal for India because Gopi didn't take care of his club simply to satisfy your desire to pay full attention to the national players? The point is, as long as he is giving his best effort to the national team, it should be alright. It isn't as if he's the head coach and he's allowing the players to slack around a bit while he manages his own private club right?

    And I never said that its not important for the Indian players to qualify for the Olympics, I simply said that if they train hard for like three months to improve on their calibre as a player, then they can do better in international tournaments and make up for the lost points. And I think that this is what Gopi is trying to achieve. Which would you prefer, qualify for the Olympics and be able to play a better game, or qualify for the Olympics and play a bad game? Sure, the first option takes greater risk. But then greatern risk invites greater returns as well.

    Here is how I see it, to be able to perform well in the Olympics, your fitness must be of a certain level. However, to be able to play at that level of fitness, you need to spend a certain period of time adjusting to it. One of the simplest example is that when you strengthen up your wrist excessively for two weeks without playing badminton during that time, then when you get back you're going to start hitting lots of outs because you can't control your power. And controlling your strength to your benefit is only one part of it. How about developing your game play to make best use of your new gained physical standard? It is not easy to change a person's game play. One of the hardest to incorporate is playing high quality netshots at rapid speed to the quality of how Chen Hong and Taufik are doing it. One thing is for sure, if you can't keep up with the top players when they play a netshot, most probably they're going to force you into a defensive play. And that is very unbeneficial with the current 21 point system and especially so against the Chinese.
    Last edited by Iwan; 04-12-2007 at 08:53 PM.

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Penang, Malaysia
    Posts
    2,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iwan
    And why can't Gopi have ex-professional players as his assistant coaches? There might be an issue of flexibility. Some old coaches may be stern and are unhappy about Gopi being their head coach. Some coach may not even know the game as well as the ex-professional players. So what about it? How about me? I'm a coach here in Singapore, I don't have a coach's certificate, but I sure as hell can coach much better than many coaches here in Singapore. Heck one kid that I've been coaching for one and a half years is now wanted by Singapore's ex-national head coach, and that kid is only 7 years old mind you and he's already wanted to compete against 10 year old boys. My point is, qualifications don't always matter.
    qualification dont always matter when it comes to sport. i agree on that. having a yellow belt in karate doesnt mean that he cant beat the **** out of a black belt guy.

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    hyderabad, india
    Posts
    50
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default noone from india should qualify for olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by alfa-2
    what is Gopi's interest to hurt these players? why would he do such a thing as he is the national coach now. he'll only bring shame to himself.....not only the players.

    unless gopi reli hate all these players n is well prepared to send these players down to hell......if it is true of what u r trying to say here.
    his intention is clear , no one should do india proud anyways..

    he doesnot care if it is shame to him or not..

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    hyderabad, india
    Posts
    50
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alfa-2
    qualification dont always matter when it comes to sport. i agree on that. having a yellow belt in karate doesnt mean that he cant beat the **** out of a black belt guy.
    he is playing politics not badminton..

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    hyderabad, india
    Posts
    50
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iwan
    Hi Guttayelan, I admit I don't know Gopi personally. However, even if he has hidden intentions such as money, why would he go all out to hijack the whole Indian squad and prevent them from going to the international tournaments? Does he get money if he hijacks them? I don't think so right? Let us say that there is corruption happening, and he can squander the money that was reserved for going to the international tournaments if he held back the players from going, then why would he object to letting the players go on their own?

    On another note, regarding the amount of injuries, sometimes it occurs not because of the training methods, but rather because the trainees themselves fail to take safety precautions. For example, if players are made to run down hill and they do it rushing down without maintaining a good posture, then obviously they are going to ruin their knee.

    And why can't Gopi have ex-professional players as his assistant coaches? There might be an issue of flexibility. Some old coaches may be stern and are unhappy about Gopi being their head coach. Some coach may not even know the game as well as the ex-professional players. So what about it? How about me? I'm a coach here in Singapore, I don't have a coach's certificate, but I sure as hell can coach much better than many coaches here in Singapore. Heck one kid that I've been coaching for one and a half years is now wanted by Singapore's ex-national head coach, and that kid is only 7 years old mind you and he's already wanted to compete against 10 year old boys. My point is, qualifications don't always matter.

    Why can't Gopi manage two teams? Hey, his club may have junior champions in the making, who knows? What if one of them turns out to be a man who can win the 2016 Olympics Gold Medal? Are you going to be responsible if that boy can't win the Olympics Gold Medal for India because Gopi didn't take care of his club simply to satisfy your desire to pay full attention to the national players? The point is, as long as he is giving his best effort to the national team, it should be alright. It isn't as if he's the head coach and he's allowing the players to slack around a bit while he manages his own private club right?

    And I never said that its not important for the Indian players to qualify for the Olympics, I simply said that if they train hard for like three months to improve on their calibre as a player, then they can do better in international tournaments and make up for the lost points. And I think that this is what Gopi is trying to achieve. Which would you prefer, qualify for the Olympics and be able to play a better game, or qualify for the Olympics and play a bad game? Sure, the first option takes greater risk. But then greatern risk invites greater returns as well.

    Here is how I see it, to be able to perform well in the Olympics, your fitness must be of a certain level. However, to be able to play at that level of fitness, you need to spend a certain period of time adjusting to it. One of the simplest example is that when you strengthen up your wrist excessively for two weeks without playing badminton during that time, then when you get back you're going to start hitting lots of outs because you can't control your power. And controlling your strength to your benefit is only one part of it. How about developing your game play to make best use of your new gained physical standard? It is not easy to change a person's game play. One of the hardest to incorporate is playing high quality netshots at rapid speed to the quality of how Chen Hong and Taufik are doing it. One thing is for sure, if you can't keep up with the top players when they play a netshot, most probably they're going to force you into a defensive play. And that is very unbeneficial with the current 21 point system and especially so against the Chinese.
    hi,

    now i know that you are a coach ..as u r rightly said that a good coach doesnot need a certificate...you must be training for the players already for some times..while gopi even didnot declare his retirement then took over as natinal coach..can u see any experiences in his coaching?
    why he is not taking any other qualified coach, as you have asked...if he plays only politics not the game then which coach will be his assistant? he has a coach now..that coach 's chracter is quationable..he cant speak a word out in front of gopi for gopi knows all his "activties"

    yes ,players must train but not train under some coach who has no calibre to train the higher ranked players..do u agree?

    and these players have attended all camps in their career , why not gopi's?
    players do fall by making mistake of themselves..if all players are injured in a camp..do u mean all players have not taken care? or wrong caoching results?

    i think u have not know the truth of this drama played in india..

    it is not that simple as you thought..here is gopi and co are murdering the badminton in india...

    follow the posting here.. i will attach all evident letters and email sent by the association here for ur reference..

    mail to mr. bobby milroy..he will tell you more on this subject..

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,873
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guttayelan
    hi,

    now i know that you are a coach ..as u r rightly said that a good coach doesnot need a certificate...you must be training for the players already for some times..while gopi even didnot declare his retirement then took over as natinal coach..can u see any experiences in his coaching?
    why he is not taking any other qualified coach, as you have asked...if he plays only politics not the game then which coach will be his assistant? he has a coach now..that coach 's chracter is quationable..he cant speak a word out in front of gopi for gopi knows all his "activties"

    yes ,players must train but not train under some coach who has no calibre to train the higher ranked players..do u agree?

    and these players have attended all camps in their career , why not gopi's?
    players do fall by making mistake of themselves..if all players are injured in a camp..do u mean all players have not taken care? or wrong caoching results?

    i think u have not know the truth of this drama played in india..

    it is not that simple as you thought..here is gopi and co are murdering the badminton in india...

    follow the posting here.. i will attach all evident letters and email sent by the association here for ur reference..

    mail to mr. bobby milroy..he will tell you more on this subject..
    Yes I don't know all the details there. That is why I try to give a different perspective to what you are claiming instead of supporting you without solid proof. That said, regarding coaches. Actually, when I took up that kid to coach him, I had just started as a coach. Infact it was only a few months after I started coaching that his father asked me to coach him. I am infact only 24 years old this year.

    Having said that, there have been players who turned coach immediately after their career without going through coaching training. This is because they've gone through the training themselves, felt it themselves, and know what needs to be done better than the coaches themselves if they have enough brains to think about how each training they went through developed them. I myself never went through any training to be a coach. I just developed my training programmes based on personal experience and kept on developing it as I coach and see the results and kept on learning from other coaches and further developing on their program. There has also been stories I have been hearing of how Rexy pulled up Tony to become the player he is today, back when they were still in the PBSI training together. At that time, Rexy wasn't even a coach. There is also Hendrawan, who became the ladies singles head coach for the Indonesian team shortly after he retired as a player due to his injuries.
    Last edited by Iwan; 04-13-2007 at 12:17 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. New super sliver shoe ltd edition from Peter hade at Indian open 2011
    By yurimaster2010 in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 8
    : 05-01-2011, 08:39 PM
  2. Super Rally in Super Series: Stubborn shuttle !
    By zazaza in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 2
    : 01-01-2008, 08:57 AM
  3. BWF Super Series 2007 Players Rankings
    By BadFever in forum 2007 Tournaments
    Replies: 2
    : 09-17-2007, 11:08 PM
  4. How do the top players train for fitness ?
    By Wedge in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 18
    : 04-13-2007, 01:57 AM
  5. Replies: 6
    : 10-21-2003, 11:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •