User Tag List

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post

On the lighter side, if BAM is not happy with LCW, then it would be great for him to come over to Singapore. For sure, when he wins the MS title in SSMF, he will get his US$40k promptly.Also LCW has relatives in Singapore so there's family. And just think, that OG Silver is worth S$500k here. At RM3k per month for what MAS gives, it will take some 40 years to compound and match Spore's incentive. (If I were LCW, as a professional, I will play true to my profession, I will play for the money because no one 's gonna take care of your future when the glory days are over.)
    OG Silver also gets RM300,000 incentive. the RM3,000/mth is additional.
    Btw, since we're talking abt LCW + Misbun, how much a coach in Spore if their charges win OG medal? Misbun got RM60,000 for LCW's silver.

LOL, the 2008 SS Finals I think maybe will be paid in 2010, since now only a few days bf 2009 ends.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 12-28-2009 at 02:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up lcw+ms

I had a quick chat with Misbun at the SSMF.
    My impression is he is a fantastic training coach but not a motivating tournament coach. LCW's game showed some new dimension after his injury break.Misbun said this was because LCW suddenly had more time for training. In fact he said that training is tougher than competing in tournaments. During tournaments, he only plays one match a day; during training, it's 8 hours a day. In a way it's true. So LCW should train more and compete less. Misbun then let on that he can enrich LCW's repertoire even more but it's gonna take a lot of hard work (which shouldn't be a problem for both.) So let's look out for more exciting play. Both LCW and Misbun are brilliant in their own way so it's a terrific combination.

However, my guess is Misbun is not a great motivator during competitions. At the SSMF, LCW did not look confident facing PG. That's because he wasn't mentally prepared as it seemed he went on court without a game plan; more to adapt to PG's tactics. I mean, LCW is WR1, he has the skills to dictate play, if he does not show it, how can he play with confidence? If he does not go in with confidence, LCW cannot show his best. If he does not play his best, LCW will lose or struggle to win (like in SSMF). When LCW is confident, he will play so well, he thrashes his opponents (like SSMF08).In fact , PG commented that because LCW looked so confident in SSMF08,he knew he would have a hard time and he was right.
    When Misbun is not with LCW for tournaments, there's no guarantee LCW will win but definitely, he looks more relaxed and is forced to, but free, to think of his own game plan. With Misbun, even if he may feel uncomfortable with Misbun's plan, he 's likely to feel he has to follow. This can cause conflict, mindwise and you can see uncertainty in his body language. My belief is LCW plays better against LD when he has to fend for himself without Misbun's presence (but with some other coach, assuming of course LCW has sufficient
    preparation in training.)

On the lighter side, if BAM is not happy with LCW, then it would be great for him to come over to Singapore. For sure, when he wins the MS title in SSMF, he will get his US$40k promptly.Also LCW has relatives in Singapore so there's family. And just think, that OG Silver is worth S$500k here. At RM3k per month for what MAS gives, it will take some 40 years to compound and match Spore's incentive. (If I were LCW, as a professional, I will play true to my profession, I will play for the money because no one 's gonna take care of your future when the glory days are over.)
    in short for them lcw & ms, this is just one of their ups & downs..the great thing is they still work together!

on your calculation of 40 yrs to match singapore's incentive - there must be a reason why lcw just don't see it this way...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile lcw+ms

I had a quick chat with Misbun at the SSMF.
    My impression is he is a fantastic training coach but not a motivating tournament coach. LCW's game showed some new dimension after his injury break.Misbun said this was because LCW suddenly had more time for training. In fact he said that training is tougher than competing in tournaments. During tournaments, he only plays one match a day; during training, it's 8 hours a day. In a way it's true. So LCW should train more and compete less. Misbun then let on that he can enrich LCW's repertoire even more but it's gonna take a lot of hard work (which shouldn't be a problem for both.) So let's look out for more exciting play. Both LCW and Misbun are brilliant in their own way so it's a terrific combination.

However, my guess is Misbun is not a great motivator during competitions. At the SSMF, LCW did not look confident facing PG. That's because he wasn't mentally prepared as it seemed he went on court without a game plan; more to adapt to PG's tactics. I mean, LCW is WR1, he has the skills to dictate play, if he does not show it, how can he play with confidence? If he does not go in with confidence, LCW cannot show his best. If he does not play his best, LCW will lose or struggle to win (like in SSMF). When LCW is confident, he will play so well, he thrashes his opponents (like SSMF08).In fact , PG commented that because LCW looked so confident in SSMF08,he knew he would have a hard time and he was right.
    When Misbun is not with LCW for tournaments, there's no guarantee LCW will win but definitely, he looks more relaxed and is forced to, but free, to think of his own game plan. With Misbun, even if he may feel uncomfortable with Misbun's plan, he 's likely to feel he has to follow. This can cause conflict, mindwise and you can see uncertainty in his body language. My belief is LCW plays better against LD when he has to fend for himself without Misbun's presence (but with some other coach, assuming of course LCW has sufficient
    preparation in training.)

in short for them, lcw & ms, this is just one of their ups & downs..the great thing is they still work together!

on your calculation of 40 yrs to match singapore's incentive - there must be a reason why lcw just don't see it this way...
    Last edited by pBmMalaysia; 12-28-2009 at 09:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    But must wait 2 years, for sure BAM will impose some kind of ban
    Not ban lah, but I think he have signed contract with BAM or something.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OG Silver also gets RM300,000 incentive. the RM3,000/mth is additional.
    Btw, since we're talking abt LCW + Misbun, how much a coach in Spore if their charges win OG medal? Misbun got RM60,000 for LCW's silver.

LOL, the 2008 SS Finals I think maybe will be paid in 2010, since now only a few days bf 2009 ends.
    If I am not mistaken, I think S'pore diid offer a million Singapore dollars for a Olympic Gold Medal back in 2000 and 2004...not sure in 2008. CMIIMW!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question S$1,000,000.00

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    If I am not mistaken, I think S'pore diid offer a million Singapore dollars for a Olympic Gold Medal back in 2000 and 2004...not sure in 2008. CMIIMW!
    that's a lot of money knowing very well there won't be any singaporean who can get gold! our lcw trying so hard n still trying ... maybe if they raise another couple of zeros...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I recall, same, S$1 million for gold. South Korea around USD$200,000 plus pension USD$1,000/mth for gold.
    But LCW won silver, pjswift & I were comparing Spore,Msia + incentive for coaches. INA if 2008 OG silver was worth 750 million rupiah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I recall, same, S$1 million for gold. South Korea around USD$200,000 plus pension USD$1,000/mth for gold.
    But LCW won silver, pjswift & I were comparing Spore,Msia + incentive for coaches. INA if 2008 OG silver was worth 750 million rupiah.
    lcw is getting rm200k a month with contracts secured until 2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    that's a lot of money knowing very well there won't be any singaporean who can get gold! our lcw trying so hard n still trying ... maybe if they raise another couple of zeros...
    YEs, but at that time, Singapore was very close twice to won golds in table tennis in Olympic....unfortunately !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YEs, but at that time, Singapore was very close twice to won golds in table tennis in Olympic....unfortunately !
    Are you sure Spore was VERY close twice to win table tennis OLY gold? I thought there was no contest...I have posted before that given a tiny island, Spore girls have done extremely well and be proud to be 2nd in the world only to mighty CHN, that is leapfrog over HK, Japan, Korea (no easy task)...let's face it, the rest of the world is fighting for 2nd place...CHN has in their formidable lineup Wang Nan (OLY WS gold, 3X WC), Zhang Yin Ning (2X OLY gold, 2x WC) and Guo Yue (WC, OLY medallist), even if the rest of the world field one combined team, still no chance lah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question singapore?

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Are you sure Spore was VERY close twice to win table tennis OLY gold? I thought there was no contest...I have posted before that given a tiny island, Spore girls have done extremely well and be proud to be 2nd in the world only to mighty CHN, that is leapfrog over HK, Japan, Korea (no easy task)...let's face it, the rest of the world is fighting for 2nd place...CHN has in their formidable lineup Wang Nan (OLY WS gold, 3X WC), Zhang Yin Ning (2X OLY gold, 2x WC) and Guo Yue (WC, OLY medallist), even if the rest of the world field one combined team, still no chance lah.
    are we drifting away..to singapore? thought this is for lcw?

btw try harder singaporean, our neighbour! we have 2 horses now - s n md!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Local-borned or Foreign Talents??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    Local-borned or Foreign Talents??
    From Foreign talents lah........those ex-chinese players...

Jing Junhong and Li Jiawei.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ms has make a superman out of lcw. just look at the score against cj in the recent korea open! only 11 & 13 points only! that's considered 70:30 standard!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the duo is back! have to ask ms what did he equip lcw with for this kind of winning scores!
    1. a. smith 21-4, 21-14
    2. z. marc 21-18, 21-8
    3. p. boonsak 21-14, 21-10
    4. c. jin 21-11, 21-13
    5. p. gade 21-12, 21-11

c.jin and p.gade are both not school kids to get these kind of scores but it happened! that's what i say a good team - coach & player!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chen Jin is going through a bad patch in his carreer. Happens to all players. Gade........ I don't know what to say, its like he didn't even try to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default lcw in his peak?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
    Chen Jin is going through a bad patch in his carreer. Happens to all players. Gade........ I don't know what to say, its like he didn't even try to win.
    yes, this happens to player on and off but looking at lcw score from the first match until final, one can see he is currently above all of them irrespective of their form. his training paid off and he's getting not enough from this tournament!

actually, p.gade started off with a fever but he could pull through park and c.long with very long matches! probably this could have worn him out before the final but on the other hand, players like them should be able to withstand all of this. . .

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast