sosan green- need opinion, review, price range

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by Double_Player, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Double_Player

Double_Player Regular Member

I searched and no satisfactory result.

Anybody uses this shuttle regularly? I read that it supposedly in the same range as victor tourney #1 (blue). Is this true? good enough for club play and regional/city tournament. I bought 1 tube for a review and it's still in shipment somewhere.

If you guys are interested, I have a connection that can get it for $15/tube/dozen shipped to anywhere in north america and I think rest of the world. It'll be less for more than 5 tubes order, I think.

2. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    I used sosan black and I find it fairly good. For 15 dollars a tube I think it's a very cheap deal indeed.

3. Double_Player

so? there isn't any review about sosan green anywhere. other than some vague review I got from searching on this forum. someone must've tried it at some point.

4. Double_Player

bump! 700 + visitor and no one ever used sosan green? unbelievable

5. Pani1997

Pani1997 Regular Member

work
    Have same problem as you about MY topic -.-
    However, for 15$/tube you can get Egnas competition#1 in taiwan + shipping+ tax ofcoz.....

#5 Pani1997, Apr 5, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  6. Double_Player

eagnas comp#1...is it any good.? eagnas made stringin machine, never know they make shuttles. well, $15 is the approximate cost of everything...include shipping. for canada, that's not a bad price, considering most thing here is overpriced.

now, where is the review guys? I know some of you badminton master out there has tried this sosan green...

7. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    if u had read my review, u'd know what i think of the sosan green =P
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42170

anyway, sosan green in my opinion isn't that good. victor tourney #1 last longer than the sosan and are of higher grade i believe. a brand new sosan shuttle will have good flight. however the durability is lacking and if damaged, they shuttle doesn't have as good a flight as a damaged chester or damaged RSL No.1 Tourney. u can get the sosan in US for $13/tube but i don't think itz worth it unless there are no other choices due to limited durability.

8. Double_Player

yeah thanks drowsysmurf. I read your review. the only one have decent enough info. in canada $15 for a tube is pretty cheap for a "brand" name.

sosan green supposedly at the same level as victor tourney #1. heh, I'll know for sure once my item arrive (5 working days remain, and with the long weekend it's reather bleak...lol)

$13 for a tube at one of the online shop, but they're out of stock. my source is around $15 shipped to my door.

anyway, thanks for the reply.

9. vtqanh

vtqanh Regular Member

Is this $15 CAD or USD? If it's USD, you definitely have better choices. Try RSL Tourney 4 or RSL Tourney 1

The thing I hate about Sosan is that their shuttle is very fast, and it's not because of the feathers, but because of the cork. The cork is kinda weird (heavy).

#9 vtqanh, Apr 7, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  10. Double_Player

$15 USD include shipping anywhere in the world regardless of #s of tubes, I'm pretty sure bulk order got discount (define bulk order...:), I hope is 5 or more :D). badminton alley sell for $13 plus shipping and they're out of stock. san diego badminton supply sell sosan purple for $15 plus shipping. a friend of mine get sosan black for CDN $25 plus shipping...

I bought RSL tourney #1 is CDN $20 including shipping from racquetsportmontreal. the price is now CDN $20 plus shipping. I can get victor tourney #1 (blue) for CDN $20 from the club head honcho; he got it from browns in toronto. so either way, sosan green is indeed an attractive one, plus it supposed to be the equivalent of victor blue

according to their website, sosan use somekind of hybrid between natural/synthethic/high quality + low quality corks or something like that. meh the only available speed is 77 anyway, so it'll somewhat reduce the overspeed.

11. vtqanh

vtqanh Regular Member

$15 USD is around 22 CAD, am I correct? Not sure about shipping cost from racquetsportmontreal, but I think if you buy like 5-10 tubes, it comes out to 2-3 CAD/tube, so that's about 22-23 CAD shipped for RSL Tourney 1. For the same amount of money (maybe 1- 1.5 CAD more), you get much better shuttles. You will actually save money because the Tourney 1 will last longer than the Sosan Green.

12. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

you over did the conversion by alot.
    15 usd is around 17 -18 cdn

and pm me where to get it for 15 because i might go and try it.

13. vtqanh

vtqanh Regular Member

LOL, I must have thought about Singapore dollars!

14. Double_Player

Allright I officially have this sosan green for sale.

Price: under 5 is USD $15 per tubes includes shipping. On order over 5 tubes I will knock the price down to USD $14 per tubes include shipping.

15. Double_Player

edit: price revised -- see for sale section

vtqanh: my rsl tourney #1 have somewhat poorer durability than victor tourney#1... and it's always steamed. it depend on the game style too. short game with lots of drops bird last longer, long game with lots of smashing, bird's die in 3-4 points, you know what I mean.

16. badder

badder Regular Member

17. Double_Player

I tried them. OK good enough to feed my cheapo baddy friends. I'm the one endup with providing feather most of the time. if I don't do that those cheap bastards will play only with nylon. curse them.

oh, the cost to canada endup being $13 per tubes. which is still cheaper that what I can get around town.

#17 Double_Player, Apr 24, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  18. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    yup... sosan green isn't bad. itz one of the better shuttles for the cheaper end of shuttles. for the more expensive end i don't like the sosan black only because they tend to fly too fast.