switching to oval from isometric head shape

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Josh, Dec 13, 2001.

1. Josh

Josh Guest

I am curious if anybody knows why this happened to me. I have been a long user of the Isometric head shape and one day I decide to bring my Carlton Airblade 350 to the club. Numerous times, when I went to do an overhead smash, I completely missed it. Just as simple as that, I just missed the bird. Does anyone know why that happened to me? Does it have anything to do with switching between head shapes? Again, it happened numerous times.

2. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Tech1 Nothing else buddy. u shoudl haev been wise enough to rally abt 50 shots B4 U took teh centre stage.

3. mongoose

mongoose Regular Member

Yup, I tend to agree with yogi.
    I believe that it has more to do with getting used to the swing speed of the racket than its head shape.

4. Nico

Nico Guest

Well I have the same problem when in switch racquets regardless of the head shape. But after abut a game or two it sort of comes back. But I still feel better with my #1 racquet.

5. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Well Josh, I thought you quite recently took up badminton? Couldn't that have something to do with it?

;)

Seriously though, as others have already suggested it probably has to do with switching between racquets with different weight or balance characteristics.