Muscle power 99 broke :(

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by byrongamer, Apr 5, 2007.

1. byrongamer

byrongamer New Member

Hello, my MP 99 broke today when i acciendentially smash a birdie
    with the frame. :crying: I bought in china, but it's real. I payed $160 US. Is there anyway to replace my racket?

Thanks

Barcode=161253CH

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Yonex USA does NOT cover other regional coded rackets. You need to contact the store where you purchased from, see whether the store/Yonex regional HQ over there take your claim or not. However, in theory, the warranty only covers the manufacture defect, which means your situation should NOT be covered. Even if you are lucky, the shipping might cost u quite a bit to begin with.

3. bad_fanatic

bad_fanatic Regular Member

Day dream about being a Pro Badminton Player
    My brother and I broke a total of all 10 or so At-700 JP models. We had to ship it back to Japan and usually have to pay like 40 - 60% of the original cost.

4. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    10 AT-700?!?!?!?!:eek: . I thought those racket's were durable if not decently durable. How'd you and your bro manage to break 10 of them? And byrongamer, can you post a picture of your MP-99. and was it cracked before it broke or did it just break all at once from a smash on the frame?

5. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    This is also my cons for buying yy rackets.It lacks in durability,and i dont wanna cry over an expensive racket that breaks after some small accidents.Rite now i'm using kason rackets n really love it.Made me one of loyal kason customers.Guess everyone gotta stop buying yonex until it begins to produce more durable rackets again..

6. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    I've never used Yonex, and to tell u the truth, i don't plan on it. I'm using SOTX rackets and every so often i smash really hard on the frame, nothing happens, i have some racket clashes, nothing happens except maybe a paint chip, i let some beginners at the club borrow the racket if they have one and even this one time this guy went for a smash and let go of my racket and it slammed into the gym floor and surprisingly, the frame didn't get warped, the strings didnt' break, no dents, not even a paint chip and i was almost sure it was going to be the end of my very aboused racket. So SOTX would probally be a really good racket company for durability because of their woven material

7. bad_fanatic

The AT-700 is durable, it's just that we play with tension of over 30 LBS so it's not the racquets fault. 30+ string tension plus frame shot and racquet collision equates to $200 down the drain if we can't warranty it.

But we love the sport so it doesn't how many racquet we break, I'm still going to continue to play baminton.

8. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

omg, i have 2 words to describe you: "very rich!"

9. bad_fanatic

I wish! This is over a period of time. If I break that much racquet in short period of time, I'll need to flip burgers at McDonalds just to pay for it.

10. maxsports

maxsports Regular Member

It really depends. I have a 3 years old AT800OF, it is from Yonex if you are not familiar with Yonex racquets, no paint chips at all, very clean, very durable, it survives few clashes. Btw, I play 3 to 4 days a week. The point is that racqets are designed to hit birds not your partner's racquet, LOL
    No offense on SOTX, I will probably bring this brand into my store later. But I suggest you to try Yonex one day if possible. Those who complain about the durability of Yonex racquets, they would better to figure out these points first:
    1. Is the racquet over-tensioned?
    2. Are you using a single-oriented racquet for a double game? coz these racquets are relatively fragile, like MP series.
    3. Is your badminton skill good enough to handle an expensive racquet? Again, racqueta are designed to hit birds nothing else.
    I have seen few friend holding their one month old NS9K with ugly paint chips on it, I really want to tell them to save the money for the future when their skills are getting better.....