Squash, racketball, or tennis racket for training?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by truasianfx, Apr 6, 2007.

1. truasianfx

truasianfx Regular Member

none
    What racket is better for training as an alternate racket: squash, racketball, or tennis racket?? What do u recommend and why?:confused:

2. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

squash racket with the cover on. Kim Dong Moon played this guy from our club whos been consistenly ranked top 5 in canada for jrs for a coulpe years adn beat him half court with the cover of his racket on.

For our training we use old wooden squash rackets. They are hard to hit with and usually the harder something is the more you get out of it. Just make sure the strings are tight enough that the bird doesn't go thru them. Squash racket strings are usually close enough together so this doesn,t happen. Tennis tho, I'm not so sure about.

3. SystemicAnomaly

SystemicAnomaly Regular Member

pre-Occupied
    I agree that the squash racket is the way to go, even w/o a racket cover. I picked up an old wooden one from Plat It Again Sports years ago for a mere $3 US. Might be difficult finding a wood racket these days.

You can also try a bdminton racket with a head cover or a half cover (rather than a full cover ). Great for working on flat net kills. You might try an old wood badm racket since their weight is probably 20-50% greater than many modern rackets

Tennis racket would probably be too heavy -- not good for the arm. Racetball racket is too short -- its swingweight might be too low since its balance is so close to your racket hand.

4. westwood_13

westwood_13 Regular Member

Student
    Squash. Also it's good to pick the one with the smallest grip size, and I believe that that is the squash racquet, so your grip stays similar to badminton and you ensure that you're working the same muscles.

5. zerosaber

zerosaber Regular Member

lol i use a tennis racket but i also have a squesh racket incase lol

6. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    Nice..I found out that my tennis serve is pretty darn good..except on my accuracy LOL!!!