Yonex Ti Swing Power

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Jamie, Dec 17, 2001.

1. Jamie

Jamie Guest

Hi,
    What is the best spec Yonex Ti SP to use if you are a powerful player who wants more control and better touch, especially at the net. Does the tension of the string make a lot of a difference?
    All help is gratefully recieved.
    BYE

2. Don

Don Regular Member

Find a place to demo the racquet and see for self. I can easily say, don't get the Ti SP and get the Ti-10. I, unfortunately am not able to understand you term "powerful player" as it is very abstract to me. If you gave me a qualitative oberservation such that you can smash at such and such speed or you're a certain level player then by all means you would have figured this out for yourself, since you have the skills.

Isn't this philosophical? :)

Plain and simple, demo the racquet and find one you like. Most of the comments on this forum are very relative; therefore, not necessarily wrong, but useless to someone in an abstract sense.

3. VINCENT

VINCENT Regular Member

Clerk
    I am using Ti SP with SS shaft. I think it is best suit for me since I am an offensive player, this racket gives a very good control while smashing. SX shaft gives a very good power but the disadvantage is that after smashing I have to use more force in bringing the racket back in position. So after some smash, my arm will be very tired.
    SR is good if you are defensive player, but the smashing power is as good.
    SA is not recommended at all if you are the advance player.

I string up around 20-21 lbs. I think it is just right for me.

4. Jamie

Jamie Guest

Hi,
    Thank you Vincent, you have been a great help!
    I will try a demo of the specs that you have sugested!
    I am a hard hitting player, but quite defensive so I will probably try the SS and SR versions.
    Thanks again,
    Jamie

5. Jamie

Jamie Guest

Thanks Don
    You sugested the Ti-10, I know that this racket is good because I have used a demo version, however, it seems that most of the people I know have had at least 1 breakage with this racket. It seemed to break about 2-3 inches from the T joint.
    They were not abusing their rackets either.
    Have you had this trouble?
    PLEASE REPLY!

6. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Besides worrying about easy breakage of Ti-10, how do you feel about Ti-10 ? If you feel good about Ti-10 2U, I suggest you to try the SX as well. I personally found SX gives very good power and quite good defense as well. SR is a little bit weak in my opinion.

7. Jamie

Jamie Guest

I think the Ti 10 is fine, its just that its quite expensive and I cannot afford to buy weak rackets.