Need help for choosing new racquet.

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Wataru, Dec 19, 2001.

1. Wataru

Wataru Guest

Now i have Yonex Ti Swing Power SS, could anyone recommend a more poerful racuets ? Thanks

2. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    You sure it's the racquet?

;)

3. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Good Question Mag. But still If u want the ultimate piece of weapon Then TI 10 is teh answer(2U obvioulsy)

4. Jamie

Jamie Guest

Hi,
    I sugest the Yonex MP100. I know it may be a little on the expensive side, but it gives you more power.
    I sugest that if you were to choose this get it strung at around 20 or 19lbs You still get the power and OK control.
    YOU SHOULD RE-STRING THIS EVERY 2 MONTHS BECAUSE THE STRINGS LOOSE THEIR TENSION A LITTLE BIT.
    You could see if there are any Yonex Aerotus 55 rackets still around. Great Power and Control, but rare. I have only ever seen one, MY ONE, but it is champion!
    Dont get Ashaway T-9. Very light, no power, naff touch, very weak. TOP OF THE ASHAWAY RANGE IN ENGLAND.
    Good luck!

5. Steve willis

Steve willis Regular Member

Badninton coach/fitness trainer
    The T-9 is not the top off the range Ashaway in the UK.
    There are two models higher than the T-9.
    XT-555 and the XT-160.
    The only difference between Yonex and Ashaway is you wont have to sell your house to buy them.

6. Jigga

Jigga Guest

I would highly recommend the FORZA Tech 1100. You will get tons of power in your smash. You may want to try the Tech 1400 but it's a little more heavier. Anyway if you are interested in giving a new company a try who makes awesome rackets, then try out those rackets.
    Good luck!

7. Jigga

Jigga Guest

I would highly recommend the FORZA Tech 1100. You will get tons of power in your smash. You may want to try the Tech 1400 but it's a little more heavier. Anyway if you are interested in giving a new company a try who makes awesome rackets, then try out those rackets.
    Good luck!

8. Don

Don Regular Member

Another question is, can you handle the Ti-10 effectively?

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i agree. ultimately, power comes from the arm, not the racket. a racket can only help you deliver that power more effectively. and if you don't have much power in the muscles, a "powerful" racket like the Ti-10 may actually hurt your power. or causes injury.

kwun

10. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    The other seasoned players are correct.
    A racquet is merely a tool for you to transfer your power to the shuttle, and it also is dependent on your own technique.

Of course we all know that is imperative, but when you're able to confidently say that you're skills are pretty much as good as they will be then answer the following questions to yourself. It will give you a better understanding of the type of racquet you want, because you already know the info about the way you play, and equipment you like (however since you're playing with a Ti S already, which is a very nice piece of equipment, not sure why you would want to switch to anything else.)

What is your budget?
    What type of racquet are you currently using, or previously used?
    Did you like it?
    How many times a week do you play?
    How many hours do you play in a week?
    What level of play are you at?
    What type of player are you? Offensive? Defensive?
    Do you use your arm more? or wrist?
    What game do you play more often? Doubles? Singles?
    Do you play competitively in a league? or tournaments?
    Do you play with feather shuttles, or plastic shuttles?
    How dedicated are you to improving your skills, and to the sport?

11. Wataru

Wataru Guest

Thanks to everyone who reply this
    and thanks Kelvin
    yes this racquet is nice, i quite like it but just wondering if there's any other racquet u guys could recommend. i've tried MP100, it's good but too head heavy. Ti 10 is good though.
    well, Kelven should i answer all ur questions personnally ? 555 :) i have the answer for all of it.
    Thanks again.