User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Help! Strings Chart from Yonex.com

In the very near future, I will be buying myself the new Armortec 900 Power to enhance my smashes and power orientated style of play. To go with this new racket, I really want to add a top quality Yonex string (cost is not an issue) which will enhance even further this emphasis on power.

Crucially, it MUST be reasonably durable, as I don't want the hassle of broken strings in need of repair every couple of weeks. Where I live there is no shop I can just waltz into to have my racket restrung - it really would be a major hassle.

Above you can see a very interesting chart I found on www.yonex.com, which could be just the ticket to working out what string is best for my needs. Only thing is, Im finding the all-important right-hand chart to be a bit confusing to work with.

For starters, what is repulsion? I always thought it meant power, but as you can see from the chart BG68Ti (strongest repulsion) is for the "control player" and not the "hard hitter" this confuses me. Durability is self-explanatory, however could someone explain:

1. What hard hitter, control player, and most importantly repulsion mean.

2. If I want to make my smash as powerful and deadly as possible, which axis should I be paying the most attention to and why?

Anyway, with my current understanding of the chart, coupled with my requirements (see paragraphs 1 & 2), Ive whittled my options down to:

BG65 Super durable, versatile for control player and especially hard hitter, but poor repulsion.

BG80 Great for repulsion and hard hitters, but (according to the chart) poor durability.

NBG95 Very good durability and repulsion (virtually no compromise here), but not that strong a standing for hard hitters or control players.

Right now (if the chart is truly accurate), Im leaning towards NBG95 the very good durability and repulsion together sounds great and would be just what Im looking for. If only I truly knew what repulsion meant in badminton terms

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbowesuk

In the very near future, I will be buying myself the new Armortec 900 Power to enhance my smashes and power orientated style of play. To go with this new racket, I really want to add a top quality Yonex string (cost is not an issue) which will enhance even further this emphasis on power.

Crucially, it MUST be reasonably durable, as I don't want the hassle of broken strings in need of repair every couple of weeks. Where I live there is no shop I can just waltz into to have my racket restrung - it really would be a major hassle.

Above you can see a very interesting chart I found on www.yonex.com, which could be just the ticket to working out what string is best for my needs. Only thing is, Im finding the all-important right-hand chart to be a bit confusing to work with.

For starters, what is repulsion? I always thought it meant power, but as you can see from the chart BG68Ti (strongest repulsion) is for the "control player" and not the "hard hitter" this confuses me. Durability is self-explanatory, however could someone explain:

1. What hard hitter, control player, and most importantly repulsion mean.

2. If I want to make my smash as powerful and deadly as possible, which axis should I be paying the most attention to and why?

Anyway, with my current understanding of the chart, coupled with my requirements (see paragraphs 1 & 2), Ive whittled my options down to:

BG65 Super durable, versatile for control player and especially hard hitter, but poor repulsion.

BG80 Great for repulsion and hard hitters, but (according to the chart) poor durability.

NBG95 Very good durability and repulsion (virtually no compromise here), but not that strong a standing for hard hitters or control players.

Right now (if the chart is truly accurate), Im leaning towards NBG95 the very good durability and repulsion together sounds great and would be just what Im looking for. If only I truly knew what repulsion meant in badminton terms
    1. Hard hitter = hard hitter, playing style based on smash.
    Control = playing style based on accuracy and placement, such as drop shot, netting, drive placement.
    Repulsion = force contact separate between two object. I'll make it clearly, means more distance w/ same swing speed.
    2. Repulsion and hard hitter, but like pro and stringer manufacturer said, smash power more dictated by string tension than string properties.
    the new NBG-95 is great allround string beside BG-80 as on dink chart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally decided on NBG-95 at 24lb to go with my new Yonex Armortec 900 Power ..Still to test it but can sense already it's going to do a great job! Didn't want to go above 24lb for a few reasons:

24lb is the official max for the AT 900 P
    Don't want the string to break. Seems that the people with crazy tensions of +30lb that break their strings
    More power for my AT 900 P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbowesuk
    Finally decided on NBG-95 at 24lb to go with my new Yonex Armortec 900 Power ..Still to test it but can sense already it's going to do a great job! Didn't want to go above 24lb for a few reasons:

24lb is the official max for the AT 900 P
    Don't want the string to break. Seems that the people with crazy tensions of +30lb that break their strings
    More power for my AT 900 P
    don't hestitate to go higher tension as long as you are comfortable and improve your game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not try the Nanogy 98?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ar Dan
    Why not try the Nanogy 98?
    nanogy 98 is not available in the UK yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can always get it shipped!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy
    nanogy 98 is not available in the UK yet.
    Correct..otherwise I'd have gone for that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can always get it shipped!!
    In my case it's not quite that simple. Even if I could have had it shipped in, how would I have had it strung in? I can't string/don't have a machine, don't know anyone who could do it, and there's no stringing shop here. Basically when I ordered my AT 900 P from www.centralsports.co.uk, they gave the of choosing from a variety of Yonex strings, and the choice of tensions - all at a discount price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see... so what are you going to do when it's time to replace your string?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see... so what are you going to do when it's time to replace your string?
    lol I don't know, but I'm guessing it'll involve sending my racquet away somewhere, at additional cost :/