Sigit Budiarto - Frans Kurniawan

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kimpe_bultang, Apr 10, 2007.

1. kimpe_bultang

kimpe_bultang Regular Member

hmmm, athlete and student
    Anyone got any info about this pair??
    They quit PBSI, and are now playing for Pb Djarum.. :D :D
    Anymore info?? Oh, and, isit Fran or Frans??

#1 kimpe_bultang, Apr 10, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2007
  2. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Fran! Just check the BWF website... Ha ha ha...

I think we have had this discussion before. His passport and official ID said he is Fran. But his friends call him Frans. And during his domestic playing days when he was younger, many Indonesian tournament officials just put his name as Frans because that's what people call him.

Both Sigit and Fran are originally from PB Djarum before they entered the National PBSI team. Sigit was a Djarum singles player in Kudus since he was 13 or something. Fran joined Djarum as a doubles player when he was 15 or 16.

They did not quit from PBSI, just quit the PBSI National team. PB Djarum want to retain these good players as Indonesians rather than see their talent being squandered by the currently-cash-strapped National team ...resulting in talents moving to another country and thus bring badminton glory to some other country.

1st tournament: 2007 German Open. Lost in the semifinals to Lee Yong Dae-Jung Jae Sung [world #3 pair]. Rubber sets, I remember.
    2nd tournament: 2007 All England. Lost in the first round to KKK-TBH [the eventual champ].
    3rd tournament: 2007 Osaka Challenge. This happened over last weekend. Lost to Japan's #2 pair in the semifinals. Now this last result is a dissapointment...

There was an article about this pair in Bola last week. You can access it in www.bulutangkis.com

Other note: Sigit was from Sleman, Yogyakarta. Fran was from Palembang, South Sumatra.

3. Nephrus

Nephrus Regular Member

wouldnt happen to have these matches on video now would you

4. yannie

yannie Regular Member

I like this thread.. good initiative by making it, Jes.. now we've already posted a lot about them in other threads though..

Krisna, so they've just quit the PB National team??? Same as Rian/Eng Hian then.. or different?

5. meiying

meiying Regular Member

Maybe Jes or Yan can post their profile here or maybe their pics..
    Some people might not know how Frans looks like..

6. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Frans? Are we adding another 'drool' guy to our list? *ha

Okay, a few pics of Frans Kurniawan and his old partner Rendra Wijaya here..

Photos taken by Loh, Singapore Satellite 2006

Attached Files:

7. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Taken by my friend during Malaysia Satellite 2006 in Kedah

Frans in red and Rendra in white.

[​IMG]

8. kimpe_bultang

So they did not quit PBSI, only the team?? Huuuuuuh, I don't understand!!! Well, at least they are still a INA player right?? LOL.. Confusing..

9. kimpe_bultang

Hmm.. One pic here.. taken frm Kowi, ahaha, sorry Ko.. Well, at least I never crop his face, unlike some particular person... LMAO!! :D :D

Fran Kurniawan on the left, Chandra Kowi on the right..

Attached Files:

10. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Yeah, I don't really understand it. Quit PBSI national team? Explain it to us Krisna, will ya?

OMG. I've already told him why I cropped that pic. *kill.. Cuz I wanted people to guess who is Frans.. don't make me more embarrassed..

Btw, who is that guy behind the both of them?

11. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    PBSI [Persatuan Bulutangkis Seluruh Indonesia] is the national badminton governing body of Indonesia. ALL Indonesian badminton players who represent Indonesia are members of PBSI. You can only quit PBSI if you are not playing for Indonesia anymore like Albertus Nyoto-Johan Hadikusuma who play for Hong Kong. I think they at least have Hong Kong resident status. Anyway, another indicator is that their t-shirt said Hong Kong.

Within PBSI, there are different types of PBSI players:
    1. PBSI National Team [Pelatnas] players; only around 60 athletes. The PBSI headquarters pay for their training expense, travelling expense etc.
    2. PBSI Players who are not members of the National Team; [supposedly] around 500,000 players are registered through their clubs. Kimpe-bultang, if your name is registered in PB Tangkas, then you are one of this type. Should you want to enter any tournament then you can either cover the expenses yourself or let your club PB Tangkas pay for your expenses.

Both type 1. and 2. are Indonesian PBSI members who can represent Indonesia in international tournaments. Chandra Wijaya, Eng Hian, Rian Sukmawan, Fran, Sigit, etc. are type 2. Their t-shirt said that they are from Indonesia but they are not part of the PBSI National Team.

Please visit the new PBSI website www.pb-pbsi.net and you can see in ranking list http://www.pb-pbsi.net/rankGpa.asp?PId=1 that Fran and Sigit are number 10. You can see that they are both members of Djarum club [DJM]. But not a member of the National team like Luluk Hadianto [DJM*]. The asterix sign * are there to indicate which players are part of the National Team. ;)

Oh, if you notice, PBSI recognized Fran as Frans. While BWF [who actually checks people passports] recognize him as Fran... :p http://www.internationalbadminton.org/mensdoubles.asp?Fname1=&Fname2=&Name1=&Name2=&txtId1=&txtId2=&txtPId=&cboNAC=INA&Submit=Submit
    This new website still have a lot of wrong data to be verified... :D

12. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Here is a picture of Sigit and Fran from the 2007 Osaka Challenge. You can get more photos from Osaka here: http://www.u-netsurf.ne.jp/nichiba/2007/osakaic/index.htm

New news from a newspaper yesterday: Fran, Sigit, and Chandra are invited to Bandung [the capital of West Java] to be the sparring partners of the Indonesian Sudirman Cup team who are training there. PBSI considers them the most capable players around who are not members of the National Team. In the simulation, they shall act as though they are 'players from another country'... :D

Sigit and Fran.jpg

13. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Sigit-Fran-Chandra to be Sudirman Cup simulation guests...

Pembentukan Tim Piala Sudirman
    PBSI Gelar Simulasi
    Oleh adminKamis, 12-April-2007, 21:32:2833 klik[​IMG][​IMG]JAKARTA (Pos Kota) - Guna membentuk tim inti Piala Sudirman yang akan tampil di Glasgow, Skotlandia, 10-17 Juni 2007,PB PBSI (Pengurus Besar Persatuan Bulutangkis Seluruh Indonesia) akan mengadakan simulasi, Sabtu (21/4), di Bandung.JAKARTA (Pos Kota) - Guna membentuk tim inti Piala Sudirman yang akan tampil di Glasgow, Skotlandia, 10-17 Juni 2007,PB PBSI (Pengurus Besar Persatuan Bulutangkis Seluruh Indonesia) akan mengadakan simulasi, Sabtu (21/4), di Bandung.

Simulasi ini mempertemukan tim Harimau dengan Rajawali dan memperebutkan hadiah uang sebesar Rp 50 juta. Manajer Tim Piala Sudirman Lutfi Hamid menjelaskan pemberian hadiah uang sebesar Rp 50 juta itu untuk merangsang pemain tampil sungguh-sungguh. ''Kami menyediakan hadiah uang sebesar Rp 50 juta hanya untuk menambah motivasi pemain yang bertanding,'' ujar Lutfi Hamid, Kamis (12/4) di Jakarta.

Selain itu khusus untuk sektor ganda PB PBSI akan memanggil ganda Chandra Wijaya/Sigit Budiarto dan Frans Kurniawan yang sudah keluar dari pelatnas untuk diadu dengan tim bayangan Piala Sudirman. ''Kita memanggil pemain ganda yang di luar pelatnas untuk menambah tekanan terhadap sektor ganda kita,'' katanya.

TARGET JUARA

Mengenai targetnya di Piala Sudirman, kata mantan pengurus Pengda PBSI Jawa Barat ini tentunya meraih gelar juara. ''Kami siap merebut lambang supremasi beregu campuran itu dari China. Ini sesuai dengan amanat dari Presiden Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono yang menginginkan kita merebut juara saat berkunjung ke pelatnas di Cipayung, belum lama ini,'' ujarnya.

Tim inti harus sudah terbentuk pada awal Mei karena pada tanggal 10 Mei 2007 sudah harus didaftarkan ke pihak panitia. Setelah simulasi di Bandung, terang Lutfi, akan diadakan lagi di Kepulauan Kepri, menghadapi tim Piala Sudirman Malaysia. ''Kami akan saling mengambil keuntungan dalam uji coba ini. Malaysia kini cukup kuat di sektor putri. Untuk ganda jangan ditanya lagi,'' katanya.

Tim bayangan
    Putra :
    Taufik Hidayat, Sony Dwi Kuncoro, Simon Santoso, Tommy Sugiarto, Markis Kido, Hendra Setiawan, Luluk Hadianyanto, Alvent Yulianto, Joko Riyadi, Hendra Aprida Gunawan, Yoga Ukikasah, Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki, Nova Widianto, Flandy Limpele, Muhammad Rijal, dan Lingga.

Putri :
    Adriyanti Firdasari, Maria Kristin, Francisca Ratnasari, Pia Zebaidah, Jo Novita, Greysia Polii, Lita Nurlita, Nathalia Poluakan, Rani Mundiasti, Endang Nursugianti, Nadya Melati, Nitya Krishinda, Liliyana Natsir dan Vita Marisa.

(hari/poskota.co.id)

14. kimpe_bultang

Well, I'm certainly impressed by your ability to look for informations, Krisna!! LOL.. Hmm, I'm not officially a Tangkas player, cos I don't train in Greenville, but in Patra instead.. Aaah, now I understands.. Ok, thanks.. And, the osaa website, so boriiiing, all in Jap language..... T_T Cannot read, well, thanks again..

15. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Hahahaha agree with Jes. Anyway, thanks Krisna for finding those info for us.. Yup, now I got the idea of PBSI national team and those clubs.. hahahaha..

Nice pics in that website. Too bad we can not read Japanese..

16. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Btw Krisna, Frans-Sigit-Chandra are invited as sparring partners to Bandung, but will they go to Glasglow as well?

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Thanks for the article and now..

...anyone wants to help us w/the translation?? it'd be much appreciated;):cool:

18. kimpe_bultang

Pembentukan Tim Piala Sudirman
    PBSI Gelar Simulasi

means

Creating Sudirman Cup Team, PBSI makes a simulation

And Yan, I don't think they will be going to Glasgow, since they are not in PBSI national team plyrs anymore..:D

19. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Going there as sparring partner? Like what CCM-HTH did in AE.. hehehehe.. I think..

20. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    frans that guy's face reminds me of haryanto arby