Still in love with the Iso800...

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Ah Ching, Dec 20, 2001.

1. Ah Ching

Ah Ching Guest

I still miss using the Iso800. My favorite racquet all-time. Now, I want to find from the current crop of Yonex racquets that resembles the 800's weight, ease of use, control, and power. I know I can get a Iso800 CP which is still available at Luxis. I do want to know from the previous Iso800 owners or badminton equipment enthusiasts(sp?) what new racquet they are using now that closely resembles the Iso800. Thanks in advance. :)

2. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Why do u want to Shift when the Iso 800 si still largely present in the market! Wait until the stocks exhaust! Then u can always make the shift!

I love ISo 800. I think There was some guy in the forum who was selling them sometime back. I think He is called Quitting!

he had 3 new ones to sell. So best of luck mate!

3. YY Fan

YY Fan Regular Member

Sales
    Dear Ah Ching,

I guess you are living in Hong Kong, me too.

Frankly speaking, Iso 800 Tour has already faded out in Hong Kong. Few, if any, Iso 800 are available in Hong Kong sports shop nowadays. However, I know one sports shop in Aberdeen is selling Iso 800, but at a very high price, about HK$800 and something. The other sports shop in Aberdeen is selling CN version Iso 800 at nearly HK$1,200.

The guy who said Iso 800 was still available really didn't understand the HK market. May be it is just available in his or her country. Hence, Ah Ching, you can just ignore this guy's saying.

The successor of Iso 800 is MP55. MP55 is of regular size and of Iso frame. The weight, power, hand feeling and shaft's flexibility are more or less the same as Iso 800, though MP55 is of box frame design.

Yonex particularly produces MP55 for those who are accustomed to using Iso 800. The head frame size and the length of them are exactly the same, except the paintjob and the frame design.

You can go to some shops selling MP55 to make comparison, to see if what I say is correct, if you know Iso 800 quite well.

4. Ah Ching

Ah Ching Guest

Thanks everyone for their comments and suggestions. Iso800 has been discontinued for some time and very hard to find if they do exist in HK or any other country. YY fan, I know the Iso800 very well also. :) When in the near future I pick up a MP55 that has been strung, I will very easily know if it feels like the legendary Iso800. The MP55 is not expensive and would fit quite well within my budget. But I really want the REAL Iso800. Toss up between the Iso800 CN and the MP55. I'll demo the MP55 first. Thanks guys. :)

5. Phil

Phil Guest

I would go w/ 2u mp 77.. i made the switch just last month.. and i find them very similar, except the mp 77 is a lot easier to defend w/ because of its neutral center of gravity (balance point)... If u are used to the weight of the iso 800.. u should always go for 2u racquets.. because when u switch to a lighter racquet, it just won't feel the same.