Badminton video game?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by brady6, Apr 10, 2007.

1. brady6

brady6 Regular Member

I think they should make a new one, if they can make a succesfull tennis game I believe they could make a succesfull badminton one. Of course you would have to slow down the shuttle speed a bit, maybe make one for the wii, I would love to play that. First they need a lacrosse one though.

2. westwood_13

westwood_13 Regular Member

Student
    Maybe in the Wario/Mario olympic package?

And sorry to disappoint you, but I doubt that lacrosse will ever happen in video game or widespread international form.

3. brady6

brady6 Regular Member

Yeah man I know, they should make one though. That game is exciting to watch/play.

4. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

If people can make enjoyable badminton flash games then I don't see why a professional games develpment company couldn't do the same. I'd love to see a "Virtua Badminton". Though I know the chances of that are like zero. I have slight hopes that the Mario/Sonic Olympics game has some badminton. I think they said table tennis would feature, so why not badminton? Just something simple would be enough to please me. As long as badminton gets some sort of recognition.

5. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    I'm not sure it's so much that it hasn't been considered. It's probably more that it's hard to capture the dynamics of badminton in game form. Theres a lot more variables in badminton than a number of other sports. There's the ability of the player, in terms of being able to run and retrieve the shuttle, the power level of shots, and other things. But yes, if any game console should have one, it is the Wii, because of the motion sensor. It it is a perfect candidate. I'd say that you'd probably want to put that strap for the remote on your wrist, though, so as it won't fly out of your hand (as easily), haha.

6. brady6

brady6 Regular Member

It'd make me buy a Wii.

7. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

That's true. But even it's a simplified version of the sport (which of course it would have to be to some degree), I'd still be very happy!

8. wedgewenis

wedgewenis Regular Member

didn't Rockstar Games make Table Tennis for Xbox 360?

I can't see why they wouldn't make badminton :crying:

9. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

I'll say, if a Table Tennis game can be that popular a good Badminton game would probably do reasonably well. Especially considering there would be absolutely NO competition for the game. It would be the only choice for gaming badminton fans :D.

10. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    i thought about this, and i even came up wit basic controls. X for clear/lift, A for drop, y for net shot and B for block/drive(depending on how long you hold it). right trigger for smash and left for slice, kinda like tennis, it's a risk shot you need to time. slow down the shuttle so you can see what's going on. what do you think?? :) too bad no one will listen to me :D

11. hiroisuke

hiroisuke Regular Member

Student
    I thought the second package of Wii sports will have it. It'd be sweet, even if it was simple, if the graphics were good, and the conrols work properly. That's all that's needed, nothing special.

12. hitz2000

hitz2000 Regular Member

haah the enjoyment of b-minton on the tv. now thats moving up in the age of technology.
    :]

13. dejecter

dejecter Regular Member

Student
    It would probably do really well on the Wii.

14. james23336

james23336 Regular Member

hell yea it would do good on the wii ... when if* it does comes out i am getting a copy i got a wii muhaaa