what string goes best with MP100??

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Jason, Dec 27, 2001.

1. Jason

Jason Guest

I'm an intermediate player... and I was wondering.. what string(s) goes best with MP100 3U G2? and at what tension?... when it's used to smash all the time?

2. Pol

Pol Guest

I think BG-85 from Yonex would be the best string for that racquet. If it is the first time that you use this racquet, don't try to make it over 20 lbs. If it is your second or third, you can make it over 20 lbs.

If anyone interested in this racquet, I am selling a brand new MP100 racquet for $180. The model is 3u g5. It comes with Yonex BG-85 string, Yonex grip( any color),Yonex towel, and a wrist wrapper. I can sting the racquet based on your request.

3. Jason

Jason Guest

If it is the first time that you use this racquet, don't try to make it over 20 lbs. If it is your second or third, you can make it over 20 lbs.
    why is that?

4. john.

john. Guest

I'm guessing bg 85ti

5. Daniel

Daniel Guest

I just bought the MP100 and strung it at the maximum. I guess 22lbs? I also used the Yonex titanium string. Not sure which model though ;-(

It depends on your type of swing and how well you hit the birds. On a good day, I was able to hit the sweet sport all the time and that produces a good sound and angle of attack. I find that this racquet is designed for singles play and not doubles. Anyone have any comment on this?

6. modious

modious Regular Member

BG 88Ti. Period.

7. Andy Chan

Andy Chan Guest

BG88Ti and BG85 are the strings for the MP100. I had BG85 strings strung at 22M/24C. Great power and control but string starts to wear and tear very fast. BG88Ti is the string I have on my MP100 for the time being. It sounds better then the BG85 but is very close in control and power. I have the CP version that I purchased in HK this summer. So my impressions of the MP100 are slightly more different then others. I've tried the SP version and CP. I opted for the CP because it felt more solid. The SP version is light and balanced. I could really smash the shuttle quite hard because of the light weight. On the other hand, the CP version is heavier overall but balanced. I've used heavier racquets in the past so the CP version is not heavy for me. There are quite a few people that I know from Vancouver that have the CP version of the MP100. That is where I am based. MP100 really lacks defense when it comes to returning smashes. That is the only drawback to this racquet. You can't go wrong with BG88Ti or BG85 on any racquet.

8. Jason

Jason Guest

at what tension?

9. Jason

Jason Guest

what's the difference between CP and SP version??? because i got my rackets at Taiwan... and they're 3U G2... so.. i have no idea wut version this falls under...

10. modious

modious Regular Member

Depends on the individual.

I've strung mine at 25 x 24 lbs.

11. Jason

Jason Guest

cuz I'm a smasher.. hehe... i love smashing... so.. wut's the tension? ( plz keep in mind i have a 3U model.. not a 2U)

12. pete

pete Guest

Definitely BG-88 Ti @ 30 X 32 lbs on a MP-100 CP Version

13. Jason

Jason Guest

is my model the CP version? it's 3U n G4?

14. Pete:

Won't it be a bit too tight for 30*32 tension?

15. Pete

Pete Guest

Hey Marky,

No problem. Let's try . . . 35 lbs next time! :D

16. Pete

Pete Guest

I think it's a SP.

17. Pete:

Wow ! I bet you will. What a racket.

18. you have a huge grip, and also your saved yourself from paying about $200 Canadian extra.
    smart choice!

19. Jason

Jason Guest

btw.. I got it in Taiwan and on the racket it says "japan"... but i dont know if i should trust it and think it's made in Japan