Where to buy Junior Yonex shoes?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by fishmilk, Apr 14, 2007.

1. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    As you all know, I'm was trying to start my cousin off in badminton. Well actually there are 3 of them.

The oldest is 13, the second is 11 and the youngest is 6. I thought 6 might just be a little too young. He's still an extremely small guy. Still their parents told me to get him all the gear their brothers get so that he doesn't get jealous or anything.

We've got the racquets down. Two low-end ISO's for the older brothers and a Chinese-brand CAB shaped racquet for the youngest one since he has lots of time to learn and will probably break/mistreat it being so young.

The most important thing for me is that they get shoes. My footwork is not anything to be proud of although I'm constantly working and getting help on it from a coach. I want them not to have the fuss of fixing poor footwork like me. I want them to be able to start off with good footwork and be able to build on it.

They happily came with me to the club and we purchased the eldest brother a pair of Fleet's ripoff of SHB-99's. He loved the look, and everything looked pretty good for the price. The second brother got a pair of SHB-41's. I think these are good choices because they are proper badminton shoes and they're cheap since they will grow out of them fairly quickly at this age.

Finally it was time for the 6 year old to get shoes. He was getting anxious and I had to comfort him a few times ensuring him he would get a pair too. The shop-owner proudly told me they just got a pair of junior shoes in that were PERFECT for him. They were Fleet's. Very plain all-white shoe that didn't look extremely impressive but I loved how instead of laces, there was elastic cord through where laces would be and a velcro on the top. It really was perfect for him. Except it was too big and they had no smaller sizes.

I feel extremely bad for him and I'd like to get him shoes. I know Yonex makes a beautiful pair for him. SHB-J600. I can only find them here:

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/sportsguide/554523/707877/
    http://shuttle-house.com/new-cgi/page2.php?mk=YO&hid=SHB-J600

However my Japanese... actually I don't have any Japanese skills what-so-ever. So I'm kind of stuck. Any help would be appreciated.