backcourt dropshot

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by leamonchick, Apr 15, 2007.

1. leamonchick

leamonchick Regular Member

Can ne1 kindly tell me how to do a backcourt drop shot?..and i feel that all my strokes are wrong cause after i play badminton, my arm aches...can ne1 tell me how to correct them?

2. Roman00

Roman00 Regular Member

could you give us a little info on how you do your drop shots?

3. xXHilikusXx

xXHilikusXx Regular Member

fast drop or slow drop

4. Notnimdab729

Notnimdab729 Regular Member

Deputy General Manager
    Hi leamonchick,
    Can u use yr computer n input chinese characters into the search engine? If u can,then please go to the china's website: www.56.com and type in yumaoqiu. Then choose the lessons either taught by zhao Jian Hua or Chen Wei Hua. These two instructors are equally good in explaining the strokes in badminton. Go and select the backcourt dropshot n learn.;) ok?:p
    Happy viewing:D
    Lee:)

5. hardeep_21

hardeep_21 Regular Member

I normally only attempt backcourt drops when the shuttle goes too far behind be, and I have gotten pretty good at it since I have been practicing. What you need to do is hit the shuttle like you would in a clear, but also slice the shuttle to slow it down so it will drop faster at the net, you should also use much less power. When i hit backcourt drops the contact point is usually much lower than the contact point for when I hit clears. Hope this helps! :D

6. Adone

Adone Regular Member

Student
    Well the way my coach has taught me to do it was to go after it like a clear at first but instead of just hitting it, you kinda "push it" towards the net if you can understand what I mean. Or you could slice it which was another way I learned from a video. I use both ways and they both work well I guess.