AT 900 p or t

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by JtheBest, Apr 16, 2007.

1. JtheBest

JtheBest Regular Member

So after always borrowing my friends' rackets to play with, I've decided it's time for me to get my own racket, since my mp23 is getting a bit too rusty for me.

After some research I've set my eyes on the Armortect 900, problem is I can't decide between the Power or Technique, since they are both so appealing.

I'm a Singles player who relies on some control, but likes to smash it down when the opportunity presents itself, I also need solid clears in my arsenal. Defense is not one of my weak points, I can easily return hard jump smashes with precise control, but sometimes have a hard time handling drops.

Rackets that I've tried and liked a lot are the NS9000S, MP99, and AT800D. I've been able to produce amazing shots with deafening sounds from these rackets. :D I've had a hard time using the AT800O and NS7000 (thse are all rackets that I've tried, I wouldn't know how I'd fare with other rackets).

So please help me pick a 900, and any string suggestions would be welcomed as well.

2. 2asian

2asian Regular Member

if you play well with the ns8k, ns9k, mp99 and AT800D, why not get one of those, why put yourself into a spot where you havn't tried the at900 T or P at all and might not like it.

3. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Agree with 2asian. I like NS8k and NS9k and I just don't like any of the AT. My love is still Cab30ms. And yes, I am an oldtimer.

4. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management
    Try the AT900-T, you might like it because it seems you prefer a less head heavy racket.

5. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    be aware that stiff shaft racquets are more brittle and snap faster than flex ones. it'd be a mighty shame to break an AT900 as they cost so much. MP99s are good racquets, and they're not as pricey.

6. jerby

jerby Regular Member

so..what made you limit your choice to the at900's? why not get a ns9S, or at800Def...they're sure choices, because you tried them...

7. JtheBest

JtheBest Regular Member

Well the reason for your questions are because all those rackets that I've tried I can play with anytime, since my friends always go with me to play badminton. Therefore it'd be pointless to get any of those since I can use them whenever I want to, since they have other rackets they prefer more.

Also, I like to try out new things. Whether the 900 ends up fitting me or not, it'll be a good learning experience, and with a racket like the 900 it'd be easy to sell it to someone if I don't like it.

Lastly, I've heard a lot of people claiming that the 900s are better rackets than the 800s, so if I can already do good with the 800, the 900 would be a promising choice for me.

8. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management
    Try the AT-900T first, if the racket suits you, have fun! If not, then sell it, it should be quite easy to do so.