Professional players under Misbun

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by kktan, Apr 16, 2007.

1. kktan

kktan Regular Member

anyone exelled??

cant really think of any at this moment. some like HH and roslin tend to shine like the brighthest star in the whole universe and the next day u cant even see them with the most powerful binoculars in the whole world. Strange but true...

i seriously think misbun tend to look at badminton from the psyshical point of view anbd work you like a horse in training. what abt the mental side ?? seems to be lacking. i cant hep saying this but HH seems to be like dancing to a slow death rythm of local senandung malam rather than looking in eyes of his opponent and give them hell in court.

2. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    Misbun hmmm.......U said it all.:p:p

but X ball might have a different opinion than urs though..............:D:D:D

3. YellowString

YellowString Regular Member

Architect
    In the first place, why is Misbun in the BAM set up at all? As a player himself, he was known for his poor discipline and attitude.

As long as BAM continue to have this kind of one eye closed attitude, Malaysia will forever have half baked players out there.

4. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

My knowledge in Malaysia badminton history is quite limited, so maybe you guys can help me here. Who is the Malaysian profesional badminton player that is not under Misbun that has excell ? I can only think of LCW...

5. winnie

winnie Regular Member

LCW start under misbun also

6. YellowString

YellowString Regular Member

Architect
    Well, what has he won so far?

7. winnie

winnie Regular Member

he hasnt wont any tournament for quite some time!

8. pjpu96

pjpu96 New Member

own business
    BAM has employed so many coaches, starting from Fang Xiziang, Morten Frost Hansen, Yang Yang, Han Jian, Indra Gunawan, Misbun Sidek and Li Mao. Every coach has their own specialty, whether in tectical, technical and physical. We cannot say anyone of them is better than the others. We look at the single players from 80's until now, we can see only a few players who can excell in international level namely Rashid Sidek, Roslin and Hafiz Hashim, Wong chong Han, Ong wee Hock and Lee chong Wei. And only Rashid Sidek, Roslin and Lee chong Wei ever hold the world no 1 rangking. I am not saying that Misbun is better than other coaches but all of them were trained by Misbun, whether in a short period or long period.

9. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

I agree with you, each coach has their own speciality, Morten frost for example did brought the danes team top the top right ?, but when he was with the Mas team, the accomplishment was just average. Actually I'm just trying to understand the logic behind Misbun bashing, it's like Mas can produce player like Lin Dan, TH or Chen Jin easily if Misbun is not around. Sometime it is like Mas player have won many olympic gold, world champ, Thomac cup with lot of wr1 players, and its all now spoilt by Misbun. LOL . Anyway I'm not a Misbun fan, and hopefully BAM can find some better than him that can really produces great results, until then ....

10. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Its not the coach.. its the players. Maybe we can suggest BAM to hire LYB.. more chances of our players in winning tourneys? I doubt.

11. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

Ha ha. LYB, coach for Malaysian team! He will put all the players through the grindstone first and see whether they survive. I don't envy the national coaches because it's really a tough calling. The players all have different personalities and have to be dealt with differently. When you have too few places for too many talents, your decision is perceived as unfair & cruel. But if you can't whipped up talents, you face the music too.

12. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    It is the mentality and the culture of our MAS players. Get it right, then we shall have chance again in the future Thomas Cup.

13. winnie

winnie Regular Member

in different country, different coaching style and different coaches are needed..what im trying to say is..there's no best style..
    this coach or coaching style that work well in certain countries or certain players may not be approapraite to use in malaysia or to use on the mas players..jz my opinion

14. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

both Misbun's players failed miserably in Singapore Open. I'm still proud of LCW but not Hafiz. Hafiz can do better but he has the habit of playing according to mood. From ABC and Singapore Open, Wong Tat Meng's players fared slightly better than Misbun. anyway, this type of rivalry is good rather than relying on LCW or HH totally. now, we can see WCH and YKB starting to show results.

15. kktan

kktan Regular Member

i can see LCW going downhill....

16. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

if you say LCW is going downhill, i say Hafiz is deadmeat. LCW still has some passion for badminton and hunger for success. but, hafiz...???

17. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    no comments........sigh.......

18. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

when will hafiz make malaysia proud again? i am waiting for misbun players to make me feel proud again. jangan tidur lagi lar, wawasan dua puluh dua puluh..

19. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

And turn them all into cowards?

20. blazingchaos

blazingchaos Regular Member

ok right now im very sure all of you have very limited knowledge about misbun. and due to the recent singapore open i was able to meet up with him. i sort of know him and we had supper on saturday night somewhere around the esplanade so what im saying is true and not rubbish.

Firstly, his discipline and all that someone talked about. you have to find out why he is not disciplined before saying it. as a player, he left the badminton academy to train on his own starting in the wee hours of the morning for a 5mile run.. another one in the afternoon and one at night.. thats 15miles a day everyday. he also worked on his shadow footwork and other skill the rest of the time while he was a player. if thats not disciplined please tell what is.

secondly, about his player's mental skills and not being able to produce results in the recent years.. lee chong wei was once the world no.1 when he was under misbun in the beginning.. he started to drop when he joined LiMao and became less consistent when playing against top players like lin dan,and is coming up once again soon i guess. Roslin is prolly too old. Hafiz hashim is suffering from very bad thigh injury thats whats quite obvious in his match against boonsak this singapore open. he was told by misbun this during the interval,"dont force yourself if you cannot keep up. just play your best. " something like that. Wong Mew Choo has no or little sparring partners to boost her level of play. furthermore, she is also suffering from tennis elbow recently.. i heard of this injury or situation only last saturday.

lee chong wei DID in fact get screwed because he lost to hafiz this singapore open. he was supposed to advance and he made mistakes which ended up in his defeat. all in all,misbun is not actually to blame for the players results. to think about it, hafiz is good without his injury as i have seen him play better last year in the kuala lumpur open. wong mew choo would be better if not for her tennis elbow. and lee chong wei? ive got nothing much to say about him.

so, thats all about i know about misbun's top 3 single players.