Switching from ISO SP500 SR

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by dragin, Apr 16, 2007.

1. dragin

dragin Regular Member

Mech. Eng.
    Hello,

I've been using the ISO SP 500 SR racket since '99 and it has served me well in both doubles (majority of the time) and singles. Aspects which I really like is the maneuverability, flexibility, and the feel when it contacts the shuttle. In addition, it offers me good precision to my drops and sufficient power on my smashes. Net play with the racket is good and consistent, but not extremely superb (maybe a combination of string tension/string and skill), while clears are fine. I normally string the racket at 20/21 lbs with bg-65.

Now, recently I've decided that I want to try some of the newer rackets and am interested in the nano series, particularly the 7700. Any of the experts care to share some of their opinions would be much appreciated.

2. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Well not really much of a new racket, but have you tried like the ISO SP 900 SR? You can still find them out there.

3. dragin

dragin Regular Member

Mech. Eng.
    No I haven't, but I personally thought that the 900 series was an overpriced gimmick of the 500. It probably wasn't worth the extra CAN $120 (back in the day).

I'm highly interested in the newer nanospeed line (particularly 7700) and would like to know whether it's a racket good for doubles play. It needs to be highly maneuverable for good defence, not so head heavy, and gives a higher degree of power on smashes. Also, I am more of a finesse player so any improvements on the drop shots or net play is high on my requirements.

4. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Ahh I see, so yours is the CD version. As I recall, the CDs were in G3, a size which is too big for me to effectively wield properly, so I had to look else where to get the smaller G4.5.

I personally own a few SP 900 SA's which I gotten from HK. It's hard to find SA's now but you can still find 900 SR(s) for a good low price if you want one or just collect the school school racket.

I can't comment abuot the NS too much, hopefully other membeers who have better knowledge can provide their word.