The problem with Malaysian badminton

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by YellowString, Apr 16, 2007.

1. YellowString

YellowString Regular Member

Architect
    Of late we have seen the emergence of this young pair in Koo Kien Keat & Tan Boon Heong. They have won some important titles but if one ask me whether they can go on and be one of the greats, I would say no.

The main problem in this pairing lies with Koo Kien Keat. Of late, he has gotten big headed. Was also recently slated by his coach Rexy for show boating and not taking lower ranked opponents seriously. Obviously the All England and Swiss Open wins got to his head and coupled with being feted back home by political parties, he has lost his drive and sense of direction.

And that is the main problem with Malaysian badminton, as a matter of fact all Malaysian sports. Once they win something, they will lost their hunger. They get all sorts of rewards from the government and suddenly think that are above the game.

As such, I am confident to say that KKK/TBH will be a flash in a pan. From now onwards , it is all downhill for this pair. KKK has lost the plot! He is too busy being seen in Guccis and Pradas.

2. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    Rexy will not let this happen!!!

3. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    geezzz......you spoken the words out of my heart...u read my mind.... :D

4. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    Rexy definately will not stay with BAM forever though.....

5. YellowString

Architect
    Rexy is a very good coach. One of the best out there. And as a player, together with Ricky, they were legends. Legends! One of the best ever. They won everything.

But KKK/TBH can never come close to Rexy/Ricky because KKK do not have it in him. KKK will let down TBH and drag him down.

To be the best like Rexy/Ricky, you need to stay on top of your game all the time. To do that, you need to have discipline.

Do you know KKK went missing on the first day of training after coming back from All England and Swiss Open? Rexy called his h/phone , it was ringing but he did not answer it. The boy has gone big headed. And he will never be a world or Olympic champion.

Mark my words, Rexy will get fed up with BAM and all the politics there and will leave the Malaysian team soon.

6. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    hmm.....seems like KKK alone to be blamed?

7. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for ur information!!It's too earlier to judge him...

8. YellowString

Architect
    Errrr... too early? Well, i guess it was wrong then for Rexy to read the riot act to KKK as KKK should be given time? :rolleyes:

Really jagoh kampung mentality.

9. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    well, i guess we'll see how they fare in Sin Open then.... :)
    ABC is history

10. kktan

kktan Regular Member

it hope it doesnt happen... but it could happen.

11. kktan

kktan Regular Member

i noticed during the finals.. KKK came out from players area ( beside the yonex racquect stringing area) and chatted with a few ppl in blue batik in the hall. even when the ladies doubles match was set to end in straight sets. i couldnt help noticing why he is not at least warming up .. or do some strecthing to keep his body warm if he has already warmed up. It looks strange at one point he walked over to shook hands with a few men in batik.. smiled .. chatted up for a minute or so.. then he walked over to this far end of the stadium.. and sat down slouching on a plastic chair and chatted up again with two men fellas in blue batik. this time.. it went on for at least 15 minutes. anyone in the stadium would have noticed this.

LWW and TBH at least did not wander around the stadium. they stayed within the players' area and at most.. did some strecthing just outside the area. Even taufik who has just won his match stayed within the players' area. CTF was no where to be seen..in the stadium but i am sure he and LWW was more focused on the task ahead between the two pairing.

12. YellowString

Architect
    If we look at doubles legends like Christian Hadinata/Ade Chandra, Park Joo Bong/Kim Moon Soo, Li Yongbo/Tian Bianyi, Rexy/Ricky you will see these guys have it all from desire to discipline. They were focused and driven. They were winners. But this KKK chap is a glamour seeking sod. He just dont have the character to be a world chaampion. He is a flash in pan, yes but certainly not a world champion.

BAM should also shoulder part of the blame for the excessive celebrations and praises heaped onto KKK. The very set up in BAM is rotten to the core and this is one of the reason why Malaysia is a jaguh kampong.

13. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    yes.. can see that the pairing is starting to get shaky.. but hope that they can keep their feet firmly on ground and fight on...

14. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    really looking forward to seeing how they (KKK/TBH) fare in Sin Open.

15. yhkin

yhkin Regular Member

Government officer
    i think the problem is not with malaysian players only. it is also because of malaysian fans...always expect their players to win every tournament. kkk and tbh reached the final y'all..it's not that they didn't qualify for quarter or semi final!! so..what is the problem with u guys start talking about their attitude..even nicol david did lose at commonwealth games some years ago...
    it is only a hiccup..hope for the best for them...

anyway, lww and ctf played well on sunday..it is good if they can maintain their games like that. i'm afraid they just don't want to lose face to their junior..hehehehe who knows....:p

don't misunderstand me...i support both pairs...:D
    adios..

16. YellowString

Architect
    I am sorry but to put part of the blame on the fans is just unacceptable.
    With respect to ABC, most of the top pairs in the world were absent and KKK/TBH struggled in the semis. Rexy went on record by slating KKK for his indifference performance.

I am sorry it is more than just a 'hiccup', it was a disaster. KKK got big headed.

17. heavyn91

heavyn91 Regular Member

Student
    hmm..seems like everyone is blaming KKK now?
    maybe there is some problem with his attitute..as someone mentioned..
    but i think he will change it after this..

18. yhkin

yhkin Regular Member

Government officer

i have nothing to say then..:cool:

19. heavyn91

heavyn91 Regular Member

Student
    i agree with u..the malaysian fans are expecting too much from them..
    n giving the players too much stress cuz the players will scare that they would disappoint their fans..

20. ~sss~

~sss~ Regular Member

i still belive they can make it..;)
    nobody is perfect!
    sometimes we did some mistakes & we must learn from it..:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    failure lead to success!!:)