Repentant Kien Keat vows to stay focused - missing the point.

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by kktan, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kktan

kktan Regular Member

1) like all malaysian we care abt the state of our badminton. having said this i am relating it to KKK/TBH. deep down inside.. i hope they bring glory to themselves and to our country for many years to come.. God knows how much we need them. WE all know how much it hurts to get trash in Thomas Cup and have your opponents snarled into you and laugh at you.

let me say this. it isnt easy to deal with fame. either you deal with it or you are broken by it. look at HH.. need we say more. I guess we are all addrssing our concerns because we care. ( in regards to KKK)

2) KKK was critize not for losing but for the way he PLAYED, he played to the gallery. trying to entertain the crowd. do fancy shots!! if he wants to do that .. try auditioning for the infamous "harlem globetrotters". he was critized for his conduct on the court. As rexy pointed. .. out two things needs to addressed at this moment. 1) stop all celebrations... 2) concentrate on task ahead which is WC and Olyimpic.

i think another important matter at hand is "how to deal with the fame and attention"... take a look how important Alex ferguson is in his role as a manager. how he developed young players from scholes era and now rooney / ronaldo era. under close scrutiny. the moment you go out of line.. he TELLS you!!! we have to learn from them. i am sure... those ppl get more bashings from tabloid in uk than everyone else. this is nothing. to be honest. we all should not jump to conclusions but the signs were there during ABC . the responsibility and fame that comes with success comes in a package . it is not an option. More importantly i hope the politricians stop using them for their own propoganda. If i were PM. i would put Rexy in charge of all their affairs. which means...if rexy says NO!! it is no!!. no one is to overwrite that decision. sometimes BAM officials are arm twisted and coerced into making stupid decisions. i can understand that.

If you look at HH and the way plays.. u would say to urself.." pls do us a favour, quit badminton and sell nasi lemak instead"... and then with the same thoughts refected on KKK/TBH... i only hope they do not go into mode. i think what they need is guidance... at this moment. and i Hope someone here who knows KKK.. pls tell him we care.. even though we dont know him. tell him to read this.

2. YellowString

YellowString Regular Member

Architect
    Yes, I agree with how Alex Ferguson runs things at OT. No one is bigger than the game itself. Look at how he dumped David Beckham when he found out that Beckham is more into the celebrity lifestyle than just being a footballer. There is no other way if you wanna stay on top of your game.

Look at Tiger Woods, Roger Federer. They are already rich beyond imagination but they are still driven and wanting to win more. They have multi million dollars contracts but still they remain level headed and focused. That is how a true world champion is. Look at KKK, I doubt he has got millions. He just won the All England etc, got a few thousand ringgit from the government and he strut around like as if he is above the game and all.

Our sportsmen need to emulate the world champions out there, not be some jaguh kampung.

3. kktan

kktan Regular Member

i have no problems with world champions who strut around 24/7.. and yet still kepp on winnning.

4. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    many times during a match, we can see always see KKK wears the rings, the wrist thingy stuffs, wear himself like a rapper. that shows he is more to a celebrity than a badminton player....

5. YellowString

Architect
    Do you know of any existing or past world champions that 'strut' around with an attitude and still be on top of his / her game?

Here's a list of current/past world champions in their respective fields:

1. Morten Frost Hansen
    2. Tiger Woods
    3. Roger Federer
    4. Michael Schumacher
    5. Carl Lewis
    6. Rudy Hartono
    7. Rexy/Ricky
    8. Hadinata/Chandra
    9. Park/Kim
    10. Martina Navritola
    11. Fernando Alonso
    12. Nicol Davids
    13. Michel Platini
    14. Zidane
    Do you see any one of them strutting around as if they are bigger than their respective fields?

Not possible to stay on top once your feet is no longer touching the ground.

6. YellowString

Architect
    Yes agree! And if we look at TBH, you can see the difference. Look at past doubles legends like Park Joo Bong/Kim Mong Soo. I dont recall ever seeing them in any fancy rings, bracelets etc etc. Or even Rexy/Ricky.

7. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    i wonder rexy did not reprimand him for that. if for Alex Ferguson, i am sure he will get a harsh warning. i remember Beckham used to have a mohigan haircut. AF saw it and ask him to shave it off immediately...hahaha..

8. YellowString

Architect
    I think Rexy did as he is a no nonsense coach. But I got a feeling that Rexy will soon leave BAM set up. He was not even there in the stadium to watch the final between KKK/TBH and LWW/CTF

9. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    most of the time during a match between MAS vs MAS, Rexy will not be there, even the other doubles coaches. if the doubles continue to slump, i am sure as well he is leaving BAM. he did mentioned that his next option will be couching the Indonesian team. probably after the Olympics 2008, or maybe earlier we might not know...

10. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

I've watched again the ABC final last night and had to agree with you on this 100%. Seems unfocused, I wonder what he said to TBH and how TBH felt during the game ..:rolleyes:

11. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    i am quite pity with TBH as he is a promising and commited player but his partner.....sigh.........

12. YellowString

Architect
    KKK is the typical Malaysian Jaguh Kampung mentality la. Glamour now, badminton 2nd. We just dont have the desire of the Chinese, Indonesian, Korean, Danish or even English players.

13. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    this is so...so...so sad dissappointed to local badminton fans....:crying:

14. YellowString

Architect
    Not only for Malaysian badminton fans, but all Malaysian sports in general. We just have this tidak apa jaguh kampung mindset in us. Look at football, we are like way way way at the bottom of FIFA rankings. Even war torn countries like Ivory Coast made it to the World Cup Finals. Hell, Trinidad & Tobago with a population of 2.0 million even made it to Germany last year. We , Malaysia are struggling to beat Cambodia.

15. Armotec500

Armotec500 Regular Member

dear kktan, darien, yellowstring, alfa-2, please stop posting like this man..how many threads you guys opened just to bash malaysian palayers especially KKK :confused::confused::confused:

Enough is enough la Bro, i am very surprised with you guys :eek::(

Since you guys posting all bad things here about KKK, i feel this forum become very boring...not really pleasant to read anymore :mad:

#15 Armotec500, Apr 17, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  16. YellowString

Architect
    Dear darling Armotec500,

Can you please do a quick check and see how many threads I have opened?? :confused:

I am sorry to hear that you see our postings of KKK as 'bad things'. Maybe we should just say nice things and ignore the realities.

So shall I say that it was ok for KKK to show boat and it is cool of him to underestimate his opponents? Or that it was no big issue that KKK missed training on the first day itself?

No wonder Malaysian badminton are in shambles today. We have no high expectations nor any standards at all.

Jadi jaguh kampung kan bagus tu. Boleh ber glamour.

17. Armotec500

Armotec500 Regular Member

Yup, i read all your posted man...what i mean " how many threads you guys opened to bash KKK " is about you & your co. (darien,alfa-2 etc) posted your opinions about KKK in 2 different threads and keep repeated the same cursing/bashing :D

What we have here?
    Thread 1: Some of you are missing point
    Thread 2: The problem with Malaysian badminton

:D:D:D

I'm not try to defend KKK...i even cannot predict wether he is going downhill or not but i am sick with the way you guys posting :eek:

Better go to another forum rather than to come here to see a few of Malaysian badminton Fans keep posting the same thing regarding KKK :D

18. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    well my dear friend, Armotec500, there are so many other threads out there in this BF. why not you go the threads where they have those titles like 'i love KKK' or 'KKK is the best player in the world'. if you feel sick and boring of this thread, you are very pleased to go :D there is no compulsory for you to continue reading this threads...hehehe...no hard feelings ya :p you should go for the threads that suits to u.... :)

19. yhkin

yhkin Regular Member

Government officer

rings?? that's irrelevant..all those rings have nothing to do with his games..be wise man...:crying:

20. YellowString

Architect
    My question was how many threads have I opened? Do you have a problem counting or reading ? :confused:

No wonder Malaysian badminton is heading nowhere when we have such poor standards. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.