Where to get good Yonex strings in the Greater Vancouver Area?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Jason, Dec 30, 2001.

1. Jason

Jason Guest

where can i get strings if i live in the greater Vancouver Area in Canada?
    ps. I live in coquitlam
    n i"m lookin for Yonex Bg88Ti BG85 BG80 or BG70Pro

2. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Tad's on Granville/72nd or Abbie's on Main/33rd.

3. There is a guy used to drop in the community centre's badminton courts for pick up services. I have his name card in front of me:

JIM TSANG
    member of USRSA
    email: smashingstrings@yahoo.com
    tel: 604 515-7684
    cel:604 351-2799
    fax:604 515-7694

He has his address Booth Ave, Coquitlam.

He is charging very reasonable price on string and labour services. He said he has more than 15 years stringing experience.

Hope the above help.

4. Josh

Josh Guest

I agree with Peter Kho. Tad's is a really good place for you!!

5. Jason

Jason Guest

what is his addresss? cuz i live around his area...

6. Jason:

I am hesitated to disclose his full address, but he is at block 1500 Booth Ave.

I strongly suggest you to direct contact him by the above phone/cell/fax numbers or email address and make arrangement with him; most importantly, your requirement and the price.

My impression of him is that he is a very nice guy.

Good luck.

7. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Where do you normally play badminton? Jim usually travels to each badminton center with his products. He usually makes his daily rounds to Cambie, Southarm, Killarney, Renfrew, Bonsor, Cameron, Queens Park, Guildford, Dunbar, Balmoral, - well, you name it he probably goes there. You can't miss him, he is the fellow who everyone gathers around since he also tends to have new racquets with him as well. He also brings a lot of accessories like videos and grips.

If you still have trouble getting Yonex string, you could consider an alternative with Black Knight. BK sells Ashaway, and you can get spools or packs from them at reasonable price. The Rally 22 is what I use and the cost/performance from them is decent. The string is comparable to BG65 and average cost is around $4. But if you want higher end, then Yonex is the only way to go.

8. Jason

Jason Guest

thx ^^

thx!~

9. Jason

Jason Guest

i play friday nights at cameron... but i dont ever recall seeing someone that a lotta pplz gather around ^^"

10. Vincent Ting

Vincent Ting Guest

I would like to tell you that u can buy a pack pof top Yonex strings at hk$31 per pack(Bg-68ti,Bg-85)
    Bg-80 at $29 per pack
    BG-70 pro at $27 per pack
    BG-65 Ti at $26 per pack
    BG-65 at $23 per pack
    in HONG KONG
    they do mail order service

www.yp.com.hk/misterkeen

got both English and Chinese

the best way is to send them Hong Kong Dollar Banker draft and thy will sell you the stuff plus postage ! (1kg (about 30 set of strings ,maybe more if packings is remove is about hk£150approx to usa,canada)

vincent ting
    if u are interested, I can arrange the order for you, just e-mail me if interested
    vincentting@yahoo.com
    thanks

11. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    I think Jim shows up at Cameron on Monday nights. Not sure what his rounds are on Friday night. I know his Friday mornings and afternoon tends to be Renfrew, Bonsor, ECBC, Killarney then Cambie. He usually only stays for 15 to 20 minutes at each location.

12. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Do you know how much duty is imposed on the strings? I think once landed, we also have to pay the PST and GST on the product as well?

So an average cost per BG 85 (before tax and duty) is 6.35, plus roughly another $1.00 for each pack (150hkd/30). You will need to add the price for money order or bank draft, making the cost around 7.50 - 7.75. That is a decent price. Have you had experience with the company? Are they reliable and responsive for delivery?

Badrad

13. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Custom duties on strings is currently set at 7.5% so you are looking at roughly $8.75 per pack and bank draft/money order runs about $5.00 which if you are buying 30 pack will be around 17 cents/pack bringing the total per pack to CAD$9.00 (approx) assuming that you will buying at least 30 pack which is CAD$270 (inclusive).

There is also these guys selling/stringing other strings but Yonex (I have no idea how good they are).

http://racquetstringer.tripod.com/

14. Jason

Jason Guest

no.. i've never ordered string from anywhere... i've always had it brought over from Taiwan by my aunts/uncles

15. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Hmmm. I checked their on-line prices and the prices for the Ashaway seem on the high side. Mind you I buy a spool at a time and I get mine direct. The average cost per string job using Ashaway Rally 22 is $4.00 for the string.

Their labor charge is average though. It would be interesting to check out their worksmanship.

16. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Hmmm. I checked their on-line prices and the prices for the Ashaway seem on the high side. Mind you I buy a spool at a time and I get mine direct. The average cost per string job using Ashaway Rally 22 is $4.00 for the string.

Their labor charge is average though. It would be interesting to check out their worksmanship.