ti-7 and string tension

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Francis, Dec 31, 2001.

1. Francis

Francis Guest

i just want to know what is the max tension i could put on that racket.. i have 22 pounds right now.. that's the max they say on the raquet but i know people put more than that.. so would 24 be safe??

thanks

2. Tim

Tim Guest

I say stick with the recommended tension. I've had two of my Ti-7's break at the 12 o'clock position being strung at 24lbs.
    This could have been due to the type of stringer, but I will not string my racquet at that tension anymore. I stick with 22 now.

If the stringer isn't portable, then try it at 24 and see what happens. The stringer used a portable machine on mine and I don't think it distributed the tension equally along the frame when stringing.
    I sent them both back to Yonex and they said that they would not replace them cause I strung them too tight.

So it's up to you.

3. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Francis, i used to use a Ti-7, but i found that it wasn't for me, i strung it at 25lbs with no problem. But i deliberately strung it high because i personally like that tension. However, don't string it that high unless you really like the tension that tight, otherwise stick to 22lbs.

4. Francis

Francis Guest

Alright i think i'll stick with 22 then. thanks a lot guys.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it depends on where Francis and Tim got their Ti-7. in North America, the Ti-7 only come in 3U version, which is very light and flimsy, therefore, they may not be able to take 25lbs. 25lbs is a fair amount even for some 2U rackets.

6. Francis

Francis Guest

well i got it in canada(from yonex) in calgary.. so i got it for very good price and mine is a 2U. so i guess they don't only sell 3U in canada