Rexy Reads riot

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by ixory, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ixory

ixory Regular Member

Rexy reads riot act

By LIM TEIK HUAT

KUALA LUMPUR: National doubles head coach Rexy Mainaky may take drastic steps to rein in hotshots Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong.
    The Indonesian blew his top in the recent Asian Badminton Championships in Johor Baru after watching the All-England champions struggle to beat unheralded Taiwan's Tsai Chia Chia-hsin-Hu Chung-hsien in three games in the semi-finals.
    Rexy was so angry with their performance that he said it was their “worst performance” since they were paired up in October last year. In the ABC final, Kien Keat-Boon Heong lost to veterans Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah in the final.
    Rexy is afraid that Kien Keat-Boon Heong's success over the last five months may make them big-headed. Besides winning the All-England last month, Kien Keat-Boon Heong also emerged victorious in the Asian Games, Malaysian Open and Swiss Open.
    “The signs are already there. They did not play to expectations in the ABC. They were lucky to win because the Taiwanese pair made more mistakes in the second game.
    “Kien Keat tends to play to the gallery and this is what I fear most, especially when it comes to the World Championships (which will be held in Kuala Lumpur from Aug 13-19).
    “It will be the same situation when it comes to the World Championships. A full capacity crowd is expected whenever a big competition takes place here. The only difference is all the top players in the world are competing and I do not want them to repeat this,” said Rexy yesterday.
    The Indonesian coach, who paired the two together in October last year, said it was a different scenario when Kien Keat-Boon Heong played in the Malaysian Open in January.
    “They had just won their first title in the Doha Asian Games (in December) but the expectations then were not as great compared to now.
    “People are looking up to them because of their successes on the international arena and the attention and praises are getting to them.
    “I do not want them to lose their focus. They are still young and mentally they are not that strong yet.
    “The main goal is the World Championships and next year's Olympics. They have not won it yet. If they have become an Olympic champion, then they can really celebrate,” added Rexy.
    For the record, Malaysia have never produced an Olympic champion in any sport.
    And Rexy is prepared to step in to prevent the situation from turning bad, including taking away their handphones if Kien Keat-Boon Heong continue to be distracted by external factors during a competition. :cool:

“If I have to impose any restriction, it is for their own good. I treat all the players under my care the same, irrespective of how many titles they have won.”
    Kien Keat-Boon Heong will come under close scrutiny when they compete in the Singapore Open from May 1-6. They have an added incentive for winning the title – the bragging rights to be the country's top pair.
    Kien Keat-Boon Heong are seeded fifth and they open their campaign against compatriots Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari-Mohd Zakry Latif.
    If they win, they are down to face Indonesia's Rian Sukmawan-Eng Hian. Markis Kido-Hendra Setiawan, another Indonesian pair, are their likely opponents if they reach the last eight.
    Kien Keat-Boon Heong may have to contend with Tan Fook-Wan Wah or second seeds Jens Eriksen-Martin Lundgaard Hansen of Denmark if they make it to the semi-finals.

2. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    kkk, pls do whatever Rexy wants you to do, for your own good and for MAS 1st Gold in Olympic next year.......;)

3. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    Very very true..... :D

4. tjl_vanguard

Student
    Looks like Rexy is dealing with little kid...

Rexy: Hey boy, be good or else.... muahahahaha *evil laugh*... *ka chak!* no handphones....

KKK: Okokokok... me good boy.. dun take mua phone... o u bad...

:D

5. kktan

kktan Regular Member

6. kktan

kktan Regular Member

7. daniel2323

daniel2323 Regular Member

"Arrogant" Malaysian badminton duo face Indonesia Open axe

Kuala Lumpur (ANTARA News) - Malaysia's badminton coach has warned he may axe All-England doubles champions Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong from the Indonesian Open because success has gone to their heads.

Rexy Mainaky said he may exclude the duo from the Indonesian tournament in mid-May as well as other punishments, such as taking away their mobile phones, after a dismal performance in the Asian Badminton Championships, AFP reported.

The pair lost in the final last week after struggling through a semi-final match.

Rexy singled out Koo for his prima donna behaviour after the pair's "worst performance" of the tournament.

"If I don't take any action, it means I condone his actions and Kien Keat may repeat this," the New Straits Times quoted him as saying.

"I cannot accept my players being arrogant and Kien Keat must realise that he has a massive responsibility on his shoulders," he said.

"This is the pair we are grooming to win the World Championships and the Olympic gold in Beijing" in 2008."

Rexy said he feared Koo and Tan had become big-headed after their wins in the All-England Open, as well as the Asian Games, the Malaysian Open and the Swiss Open.

"People are looking up to them because of their successes on the international arena and the attention and praises are getting to them," Rexy said in the Star daily.

"If I have to impose any restrictions, it is for their own good," he added. (*)

http://portal.antara.co.id/en/arc/2007/4/19/arrogant-malaysian-badminton-duo-face-indonesia-open-axe/

8. tjl_vanguard

Student
    don rexy.. just do wadever u wanna do as long as its benefitial for them... :D

9. ixory

ixory Regular Member

Rexy said 'may exclude' ???but he never mentioned 'will' right??.Hope KKK/TBH will perform in IO.

10. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    KKK/TBH in their mind thinking..."aiya, early early know, we dont win so many tournament then ma ok lo. handphone also cannot use....sigh" :D

11. tjl_vanguard

Student
    if thats the case, he will lose all the money he got.... then he'll think... "aiya, early early know, we win more tournament then mago money lo. can buy more handphone ma...sigh" :D

12. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    aiya, early early know ah....dun wana become pro players la, we no need to do so many players, we do bank alone is good enough, be bank robbers and occasionally rob the phone shop as well, get free phones.......

who dare to create riots them when they have guns in their hands. hahhahahaa..........:D:D:D:D:D:D:D no need to shoot you also can die. use the gun to jumping smet it into ur head ah.......dun pray pray......

13. waiyee926

waiyee926 Regular Member

i didnt read bout their hp kena rampas this news ?? show me / paste me again can ?? hehe ..thz

14. YellowString

YellowString Regular Member

Architect
    It wont happen. We dont have what it takes to win an Olympic gold. Infact, I will shave my head bald if KKK/TBH take home the Olympic gold next year!

15. haifeng4ever

haifeng4ever Regular Member

KKK/TBH won't be participating in Indonesian Open? If it's true, it's a good news for me. I've always think that Indonesia isn't a safe place to be, so this punishment isn't that bad. (No offense to indonesian fans,it's just my personal opinion, don't grill/bake/bbq/steam/fry me.;) )

16. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    This smells like a reporter trying to fish out a story. We've had the poor performance of KKK discussed ad nauseum. It's old news now. What happened in ABC cannot be changed. The situation has been analysed (it's only a simple thing!). What is the point of trying to extend things out?

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Wow, Rexy is coming down hard..

..on his top MD pair...:rolleyes: :p
    Personally, i like his attitude and firmness, however i will think about what is going thru Tan Boon Heong's mind at the same time. Afterall, Rexy is definitely disappointed with only KKK, not TBH.
    IMO, if i'm in Rexy's shoes i would let them attend both the S'pore & Indonesian Opens, but i will not coach/sit behind them. I will let both of compete and figure out themselves what to do on the court. If they fail to advance to the later rounds, it should already be enough "punishments"..:p
    At the end, if the partnership suffers, the only one i will feel sorry for is TBH..:p

18. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    Rexy should shave KKK bald, that will teach him to be humble. Maybe, skipping the Indo Open is a blessing in disguise. The boys need to prepare for the WC. Best scenario ! Win Sin Open and take off till the WC, that will get the rest of the world spinning again. Well, wishful thinking !!!!

19. YellowString

YellowString Regular Member

Architect
    KKK made a vow to go bald if he wins All England. But instead of going bald , he went for a crew cut look instead. If one made a vow, it is important to fulfil it. KKK instead gave excuses of skin problems etc etc etc.

This guy just dont have any credibility.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.