User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default unable to smash :S

As it says on the top, well last week when i played i was able to smash fine, with angel, power, speed. Today when i was playing I could smash, there was no angle in the smash, and usally hits the racquet and not the string.

Whenever I wanted to smash when I was playing i felt like jump smashing, even though im not a jump smasher. I tried to use all my force to smash but i missed

would this be something wrong with my contact point?

2nd: when I smash should I be using a little of my wieght for the smash? Whenever I just use my wrist I can feel it isnt enough power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Were you playing in a different gym today? Perhaps the lighting or background was throwing off your judgement as to when you should swing.

If you are having a problem with your contact point, try swinging your racket a little earlier & slower until you feel like you've got the timing & contact down pat. Once you've done this, then slightly delay the swing & increase the speed of your racket head so that you are hitting an 80-90% smash.

Sometimes by relaxing, you can actually generate more power -- you might have been trying to hard. This can be counter-productive.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try relaxing yourself and losen your wrist. I know how it felt, the more eager you want to smash the worse it turns out to be, therefore, relax.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i find this helpful whenever i feel that my smash or other timing is off:

do some light smashes, nothing powerful, maybe 50% your normal power, make sure to hit the shuttle well and make sure your body is relaxed and only tense up slightly at the time of contact.

or conversely, when you feel like your timing is off, don't try to give it even more power or effort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are probably thinking and worried too much about the smash. A good smash requires a flowing movement and tensing up at the moment of impact. Try to relax and it'll come naturally to you, instead of being all tense throughout the smash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DON'T jump. till you're really good. If you are not consistent in your contact timing then a jump would make it worse. This is prolly because u jump shorter when you are tired. kwun's suggestion is actually the best way to get your timing right. Focus on a good, square contact at the sweet spot instead of power. when you get more comfortable with it, power can then be added in easily !
    u might also want to do a search as there're uncountable threads on smashing.