looking for a coach in toronto/scarborough

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by matchbow, Apr 19, 2007.

1. matchbow

matchbow Regular Member

I'm an average/above-average player and i'm looking for a, hopefully private, coach in somewhere in the GTA. I've been to Mandarin and Lee's before for group lessons, and i would totally go to Mandarin again for lessons, but the problem is that i'm going to be in China for a few weeks this summer, and i don't want to pay for lessons and then miss them. I've looked into private lessons at Lee's and Mandarin, but i don't want to pay the insane membership fees.
    Can anyone help me find another coach?

2. dex

dex Regular Member

Student
    I believe you can still take private lessons at Lee's as long as you're willing to pay a bit more or join their daytime membership. Not sure about Mandarin though.

3. matchbow

matchbow Regular Member

but other than lee's or mandarin, is there somewhere i can find a coach of similar calibre, or good enough for an intermediate player?

4. My DY

My DY Regular Member

You can check out the new place in Richmond Hill. I checked them out today. They have some mid level and high level coaches there. Saj Malik, who taught Mike Beres, and Huang Nanyan, who used to work at Lee's.

I'm pretty sure the lady said they offered private lessons. I dont remember the phone number, but its on their website, which is linked in the other thread.

5. benchan

benchan Regular Member

The new place called Flying Dragon Badminton Club. www.flyingdragonbadmintonclub.com. 905-9181318
    Saj Malik and Huang Nanyan are good. Also there is a coach called Harrison, he's good too. I saw him coaching today.

6. stepinto

stepinto Regular Member