Angry Roslin threathens to sue BAM

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by ixory, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ixory

ixory Regular Member

2007/04/20 Badminton: Angry Roslin threatens to sue BAM

By : K.M. Boopathy

[​IMG]
    Roslin: I cannot just accept an apology from BAM. I need immediate action from them.

A VERY irate Roslin Hashim is threatening to take the BA of Malaysia (BAM) to court if his name is not reinstated for the Indonesia Open in Jakarta on May 8-13.
    For Roslin, this is the last straw after BAM had left his name out for the China Open last year as well as the Malaysia Open in January, and will miss playing in the Singapore Open on May 1-6 through no fault of his.

Since Roslin is no longer with the national squad, he had submitted his entry through the Selangor BA (SBA) for the recent Asian Badminton Championships in Johor Baru, and the Singapore and Indonesia Opens.

Although Roslin accepted BAM general manager Kenny Goh’s explanation that it was a "genuine error" leaving out his name for the Singapore Open, the shuttler wants immediate action from BAM to ensure he competes in the Indonesia Open.

Since the draw for the Indonesia Open will only be done on Tuesday, it’s possible to resolve the issue if BAM can convince its Indonesian counterpart, the Indonesia BA (PBSI), to accept a late entry.
    "Badminton is my rice bowl and I cannot let this happen to me so often. If BAM does not include my name for the Indonesia Open, I will take legal action against the association," said Roslin.

"My income is through playing competitions and I cannot just accept an apology from BAM. I need immediate action from them.

"If I miss the Indonesia Open, it will the fourth time I have suffered the same problem. If I’m an unknown and my ranking is very low, it does not matter but I’ve played for the country for so many years. I don’t understand how BAM keeps ignoring my name."

Under the current Badminton World Federation’s qualifying rules for the Super Series, any player who is ranked World No 28 and better will qualify automatically for the main draw provided he submits his entry officially. Roslin is ranked World No 18.

Having done so, Roslin has once again become a victim of BAM’s negligence and Goh has pro-mised to do everything possible to help the 31-year-old shuttler compete in the Indonesia Open.

"On our part we admit that it was a mistake and we would like to rectify the situation..

"We cannot do anything about the Singapore Open as the draw has been released but we are trying our best so that Roslin will be eligible to compete in Indonesia.

"I wish to it make clear that there is no foul play involved as BAM does not block any player who is eligible to compete in international events."

The Singapore and Indonesia Opens are important for Roslin to stake a claim for a third singles slot in the World Championships in August. Lee Chong Wei and Hafiz Hashim are assured of their berths in the World Championships.

2. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    BAM purposely do not want to include Roslin in those tourneys because it's just waste of time, knowing that Roslin cannot win any tourney and always goes down early rounds in his previous tourneys. :D

3. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    that's low darien. below the belt. uncalled for.

4. ixory

ixory Regular Member

poor Roslin,SOO SAD with BAM Management..:(

5. event

event Regular Member

He may not have won any, but he's been runner-up in a 6* and quarter-finalist in a SS event in the last 8 months. The only Malaysian who has done any better than that in the Super Series is his brother with his semi-final appearance in Seoul. Lee Chong Wei has also had had a SS QF and 6* finals appearances in the same period, but hasn't won any. That hardly makes Roslin a waste of time.

#5 event, Apr 19, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  6. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    1. Should I say even worse than the typical BAM guffaw? Letting Li Mao go, etc. etc.? Are there hundreds of players taking part? How many men's singles players do we have? And someone ranked 18 in the world? And 3 Opens starting from last year? There must be something seriously wrong with the communication channel. Or the officials just don't bother enough. Even a 10-second phone call to Roslin can confirm if he's entering or not.

2. Why should participation in open tournaments be through the country's badminton association? Individuals should have the right to submit their own entry. (I am assuming that they don't have the right; if they do, Roslin should take care of it himself.)

7. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Hey guys, Roslin should not be made fun of in this way. He is a professional and deserves better.

8. YellowString

YellowString Regular Member

Architect
    Dont make assumptions. Nobody is making fun.

BAM is a political circus. And the poor Roslin is suffering because of the idiots in BAM.

9. ignatio103

ignatio103 Regular Member

it
    bam my ass

thats why m`sia players are not mentally strong b`coz every thought n
    expression is subdued...its indoctrinate since school days.
    when this happens ( being expressive) u r considered obstrusive...
    Discussion....can no problem but only within officials...like inquisition in 15th century..Poor Roslin going professional but hampered by BAM red tapes n political quaqmire. Malaysia boleh......if BAM Boleh only.
    Look into european players in any sports they play with hearts to gain
    achievements. No pain no gain, period...:crying:

10. ignatio103

ignatio103 Regular Member

it
    ya sure overlook..

BAM has the balls to say overlook ROS application...Goodness me
    is M`sia has many Chammpions like China that the ASSociation cant
    recall who`s n who is eligible n qualify to play. On top of that more than once of mishandling......Looks like IBF MOVES on to WBF dont make progress
    as should be...:confused:

11. sjoe

sjoe Regular Member

Engineer
    That's why we need some like Taufik or reasonly Chen Hong pull out from China team. This is one of the reason that Taufik pull out from All England, excuses like "forgot to enter someone name" has been use many time by PBSI and 3 times to Roslin ! If players doesn't dare to protest like Taufik did, association like PBSI, BAM and China Badminton think that everyone is stupid except them.

12. indra

indra Regular Member

Tha't why I love TH so very much...not only on court but also he has the GUT to fight off court as well....:D

13. kktan

kktan Regular Member

how can a national body "forget" to register roslin??

14. Chire

Chire Regular Member

I feel sorry for Roslin, but I think BAM will try to fix this as it'd be much more difficult for them to solve this at court.

Anyway, anyone know what the heck was Roslin playing in Finland for? Seems no one hasn't brought this up yet, he was playing Finland's internal elite competitions under a Finnish badminton club in the autumn 2006. Plus he's ranked #1 in Finland's own ladder right now.
    Hm there's more to it so maybe I should create a thread about this huh...

15. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Poor guy, my heart goes to my fellow kelantanese... all the best :=)

another kelantanese,
    jimbo

16. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

He is a guy who doesn't give up !

17. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

I agree. When I trained with him, he could endured tough training and never gave up. I salute his fighting spirit. His dad is a legend in our state, and his family as well, after Hafiz captured AE.

18. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    A determined player!!a good player spirit!!it's has been such a long time never c a player wit such spirit!!:) I salute him!!

19. kktan

kktan Regular Member

kudos for fighting spirit

20. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    he is improving recently... its unfair that BAM give silly excuses that they made a mistake by forgetting to include his name... Roslin should sue them.. haha :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.