Fairuzizuan-Pei Tty can shine in Beijing

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cheeyf, Apr 20, 2007.

1. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

Badminton: Fairuzizuan-Pei Tty can shine in Beijing

By : K.M. Boopathy

[​IMG]

Pei Tty (front) and Fairuzizuan clinched the mixed doubles Asian Games bronze medal.
    NATIONAL doubles coach Rexy Mainaky believes the pairing of Fairuzizuan Tazari and Wong Pei Tty could be Malaysia’s mixed doubles trump card in next year’s Beijing Olympics if the duo show 100 per cent commitment.

Fairuzizuan-Pei Tty, who took the bronze in the Doha Asian Games when playing as a pair for the first time, proved it was not a fluke when they reached the semi-finals of the recent Asian Badminton Championships.

Pei Tty previously partnered Koo Kien Keat but Rexy wants the latter to focus strictly on the men’s doubles with Tan Boon Heong as their objective is to win the World Championships in Kuala Lumpur in August and the Beijing Olympics gold.

Rexy, who has seen the potential in some men’s doubles players, had proposed a full time mixed doubles squad which has been agreed to and they will start training later this month.

Besides Fairuzizuan-Pei Tty, junior pair Tan Wee Kiong-Woon Khe Wei and Hoon Thien How-Ooi Sock Ai have also been showing good progress and the three pairs will battle it out for two Olympic slots.
    "I see Fairuzizuan-Pei Tty as our number one mixed doubles pair. They could spring a surprise in the Olympics. However, much depends on Pei Tty’s priority," said Rexy.

"Both players can continue focusing on the men’s and women’s doubles but as far as I’m concerned, their chances of making an impact lie in the mixed doubles.

"China are too strong in the women’s doubles and it is almost impossible to beat them to reach the semi-finals. China are sure to have three pairs and Pei Tty and (Chin) Eei Hui must avoid them in early rounds to reach the last four but, eventually, must beat one of them to secure a medal.

"It is an open affair in the mixed doubles and the chances are definitely better."

Rexy expects Fairuzizuan-Pei Tty to continue their progress by reaching at least the quarter-finals in the Singapore Open on May 1-6.

Fairuzizuan-Pei Tty must get past England’s world champions Nathan Robertson-Gail Emms to reach the last eight but Rexy has confidence in the new combination and believes they can do it.

Fairuzizuan is not quite ready to give up playing doubles. He previously partnered Lin Woon Fui but currently plays with Zakry Latif, and the pair reached the last four of the Asian Championships.

"I still regard the doubles as my priority through which I hope to qualify for the Olympics. But I will also give my full commitment to the mixed doubles," said Fairuzizuan.

"I may qualify for the Olympics in the mixed doubles and it will be a bonus if I can do it in the doubles too."

"Playing in two events will also help me improve my tactics and physical condition," Fairuzizian added.

Rexy had even split the pairing of Zakry Latif and Khe Wei and instead allowed the latter to partner Wee Kiong.

Wee Kiong-Khe Wei justified that decision when they reached the quarter-finals of the Asian Championships eventually losing to Fairuzizuan-Pei Tty.

Rexy is also happy with the commitment shown by Thien How in both the men’s doubles and mixed doubles and the 21-year-old’s hardwork could be rewarded with a chance to play in the Olympics.

#1 cheeyf, Apr 20, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  2. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    Anyway i stil doubt their ability to won Olympic gold!!I m ok wit Fairuz,but i m not conffident wit Pei tty..However there is room for them to improve..hope they can prove to us in the following tournament!!We should be proud tat there are so many talented n potential player in our country!!Not all player are perfect,so we should put hope on them!!This world is full of surprise n miracle!!Anything can happen!!

3. YellowString

YellowString Regular Member

Architect
    Yes ... BAM forgot to register Roslin. Hope BAM did not forget to register this pair as well too.

4. ~sss~

~sss~ Regular Member

Cha yook! cha yook! fairuz/pei tty..

5. heavyn91

heavyn91 Regular Member

Student
    hope that they will have a very good result too..

6. ixory

ixory Regular Member

Glad to know that MAS now is serious in XD department.Hope the player can performed well.Good Luck.It's a bonus if they performed well in Olympics.Nothing is impossible in badminton.

7. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    i seriously think that the junior pair of woon khe wei/tan wee kiong has a really good future in XD....

8. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

hey, this pair is great! they have the potential. they do not have much power but their skills are good. it is better if tan wee kiong can improve on his attacking play. woon khe wei is currently doing a good job at the net.

9. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    I think otherwise. I am pretty confident with Pei Tty, not so much with Fairuz. Pei Tty was the stabilizing factor behind the AG q-final win over Korea's top pair.

Fairuz can be too tense sometimes and lacks composure. I have personally seen this in S'pore Open in Fairuz's MD q-final, they had no business losing to Kido/Setiawan. Imagine a half court simple kill going to the net or out of court, not once, but many times. You can see it in Indonesian Open too.

Pei Tty is a pretty decent XD player, can match the THA, KOR and DEN XD girls at the front court anytime, but perhaps still not as dominant as CHN and ENG, and not as quick as INA's Polii or Natsir. But even though her smash is not that powerful, she has good angles. That's how she and Koo beat Rasmussen/Nielsen in World Championship q-finals to land them a bronze. Rasmussen tried several flick serves didn't work out, she just killed 'em off.

Woon/Tan, being younger, of course have even higher potential, especially if they can fully specialize in XD. The only question here is whether they can be ready in time for the Olympics .....

10. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

i agree with u abedeng. Pei Tty is good at net and she also surprised me with her smashes in WC 06.
    it went till 290 km/h.i watch d AG XD on tv and also noticed that fairuz is a bit nervous sometimes.
    hope both of them can improve more.
    yea woon/tan have a good future
    all the best to both pairs
    hoping to see them making mas proud

11. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    Smash

There isnt much female badminton player in Msia..
    most gal just enjoy being pretty hehehe!!
    Hope the scenario change now...
    Be pretty & sporty.....

About the smash... I think pei tty cant continously smassh with that speed

12. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    haha then u think it was a technical error or something?? hihihih :D

13. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    why not pair pt with ccm ? should leave fairuz concentrate on the md.
    rexy has plenty of guys to choose..... is he going to be the XD coach ?

14. yannie

yannie Regular Member

zakryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Attached Files:

15. yannie

yannie Regular Member

aiya wrong.. why did i post zakry's pics in fairuz-pei tty's thread..

*FAINT*