User Tag List

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 171 to 187 of 235

Thread: Woon Khe Wei

  1. #171
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,333
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Looks like Vivian/WKW upsetted Vita Marissa/Nadya Melati in front of their home fans in the SEA games. However, it was pretty much in vain as they were the only ones to contribute a point. Hopefully they can perform well in the individual event too, which is way more important!

  2. #172
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    229
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Although it was a good victory, I think they need to step up their a game a notch or two to rise up the world rankings. They're too often content with defending instead of gaining the initiative by setting up more attacking plays. Their style reminds me of Maeda/Suetsuna of Japan, though the latter are more refined in their overall game.

  3. #173
    Regular Member Aikachan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jesselton
    Posts
    704
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Voltric View Post
    Although it was a good victory, I think they need to step up their a game a notch or two to rise up the world rankings. They're too often content with defending instead of gaining the initiative by setting up more attacking plays. Their style reminds me of Maeda/Suetsuna of Japan, though the latter are more refined in their overall game.
    Macau Open - Khe Wei/Vivian vs Wang Rong/Zhang Zhibo today, hope they do well. Personally, I hope Vivian's relax/patient manner will start rubbing on Khe Wei, who's more 'garang' in a way, and more likely to lose it when she or Vivian make errors on court. I watched them in Indonesia's GP Gold and recent Sea Games, and several times Vivian had to 'diffuse' Khe Wei when things went wrong.

    Maybe I'm wrong and it's actually a good combination of personalities in WD? Just hope they don't get too defensive, because IMHO it's the reason Miyuki/Satoko got beaten so easily this days.

  4. #174
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    487
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aikachan View Post
    Macau Open - Khe Wei/Vivian vs Wang Rong/Zhang Zhibo today, hope they do well. Personally, I hope Vivian's relax/patient manner will start rubbing on Khe Wei, who's more 'garang' in a way, and more likely to lose it when she or Vivian make errors on court. I watched them in Indonesia's GP Gold and recent Sea Games, and several times Vivian had to 'diffuse' Khe Wei when things went wrong.

    Maybe I'm wrong and it's actually a good combination of personalities in WD? Just hope they don't get too defensive, because IMHO it's the reason Miyuki/Satoko got beaten so easily this days.
    Yes, good combination indeed. Players need to stay passionate and excited on court. If their feelings are like dead fish, they are not going anywhere. But over excited is bad. They will lose focus.

    I hope they do well in Macau.

  5. #175
    Regular Member Aikachan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jesselton
    Posts
    704
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is a far fetched hope, but if Khe Wei/Vivian and Miyuki/Satoko able to survive their matches until finals and meet each other, that'll be a nice early Xmas gift for me.

  6. #176
    Regular Member Aikachan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jesselton
    Posts
    704
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Calculating (or more like estimating) the points and looking at the ranking of Vivian/Khe Wei after India GPG, they might just be able to qualify for Olympics and cushioning the hope of MAS instead of just relying it on veterans Eei Hui/Pei Tty.

    Although this is only possible if the pair and Coach Rexy able to work on their inconsistency before the Olympics and winning tournaments. Tough task...

  7. #177
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,349
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good luck to khe Wei and Vivian against the Japanese pair.

  8. #178
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,333
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    VIVIAN HOO/WOON KHE WEI BEAT MAEDA/SATOKO!!! And I thought that they were goners after losing their first game!

    Well done! Hope they can go further!

  9. #179
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,349
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    VIVIAN HOO/WOON KHE WEI BEAT MAEDA/SATOKO!!! And I thought that they were goners after losing their first game!

    Well done! Hope they can go further!
    Ya. The most delighted result for Mas team today.

  10. #180
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    85
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This pair really demonstrated a fantastic performance. Kudos to them. They might stand a better chance of Olympics glory than their male counterparts KKK/TBH.

  11. #181
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    they still lack of winning shot
    hehe
    is already very good on defense and counter attack
    a better placement of shot will made them a regular quater finalist in ss like wong/chin

  12. #182
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    she is injured and she cried
    oh,i am so sakit hati
    hope she recover soon
    T.T

  13. #183
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What kind of injury? Serious?

  14. #184
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Must be leg injury. Anyway, their achievement in MAS OPEN SUPER SERIES is certainly looks like they are on a right track under rexy mainaky.

  15. #185
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,349
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Would it be another win against the Japanese pair today?

  16. #186
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpue
    Posts
    1,785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dato A View Post
    Would it be another win against the Japanese pair today?
    hope so, or else gaining ranking points to qualify Olympic will be difficult...

  17. #187
    Regular Member Aikachan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jesselton
    Posts
    704
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Vivian/Khe Wei need to learn a thing or two from the CHN WDs on how to defeat the patient, defence prone JPN pairs..

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lin Woon Fui
    By Lau Kok Wei in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 1
    : 05-15-2010, 06:04 AM
  2. Woon Khe Wei-Tan Wee Kiong
    By emmsfan in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 66
    : 10-06-2008, 03:27 AM
  3. Fairuz/Lin Woon Fui
    By yannie in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 60
    : 08-12-2007, 03:35 AM
  4. Tan Wee Kiong & Woon Khe Wei - Could they make it?
    By Inky2000 in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 6
    : 07-17-2007, 06:40 AM
  5. Fairuzizuan-Woon Fui likely to see action in Thomas Cup
    By ants in forum Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006
    Replies: 0
    : 02-06-2006, 08:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •