User Tag List

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Woon Khe Wei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    1st time see WKW so fired up in a badminton match.. Congrats to them for nailing their 1st ever international tournament. And the most important is that they beat a chinese pair who won a back to back super series.
    Xia Huan/Tang Jinhua won the CHN Masters... Bao Yixin/Zhong Qianxin won the Japan SS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see i see.. thanks for correction.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    From what I saw, it is actually Vivian/WKW capitalizing on an out-of sorts CHN pair especially BYX getting beaten at the net.

But I won't take any credit from them as it takes nerves of steel and actually carrying out your game plan while having the nagging feeling that you have a chance to win but still keep in control!
    I agree. A combination of both the MAS girls playing well and the CHN pair blowing hot and cold. Make no mistake, this is a good up and coming CHN pair who they beat.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I saw, it is actually Vivian/WKW capitalizing on an out-of sorts CHN pair especially BYX getting beaten at the net.

But I won't take any credit from them as it takes nerves of steel and actually carrying out your game plan while having the nagging feeling that you have a chance to win but still keep in control!
    Yeah, CHN pair looked tired and exhausted and MAS pair had more zest and "ummmph"

Btw, did you miss out "away" or do you really you won't take any credit? .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MAS up and coming WD beat the up and coming Chinese WD who just won last week Japan SS. Well! Who says the Chinese girls must have all the fun?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Yeah, CHN pair looked tired and exhausted and MAS pair had more zest and "ummmph"

Btw, did you miss out "away" or do you really you won't take any credit? .
    Haha, with away of course. Hope nobody got confused

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by victory View Post
    MAS up and coming WD beat the up and coming Chinese WD who just won last week Japan SS. Well! Who says the Chinese girls must have all the fun?
    Vivian has a good smash and overall attacking play..WKW is good at the net.

Bravo to the brave MAS girls!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am worried about WKW's defence stance. Too far back and awkward. And yes, Vivian has a good smash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    Vivian has a good smash and overall attacking play..WKW is good at the net.

Bravo to the brave MAS girls!!!
    That is exactly what I see from the match. Our girls get a lot points from attacking. The Chinese girls defence is not impressive at all. Even the Chinese coach( Chen Qi Qiu if I am not mistaken) is shaking his head at the back when he saw his girls defence got tore down by MAS WD smashes.

In contrast KW/vivian have solid defence. In the third set I think the Chinese girls get more points from drop shots than smashes.

WKW has impressive placing, especially cross court placing. Always caught the
    Chinese girls off guard.

Most importantly they are mentally very strong. Against the Japan SS champion they played so bravely. The Chinese WD were delaying the game but KW/Vivian were smarter than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    I am worried about WKW's defence stance. Too far back and awkward.
    In the first game towards the end the Chinese pair caught her so many times with their dropshot! Luckily she managed to retrieve dropshots in the second and third games

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by victory View Post
    Who says CHINA will always conquer the WD title?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the first game towards the end the Chinese pair caught her so many times with their dropshot! Luckily she managed to retrieve dropshots in the second and third games
    She may not be so lucky with better players who has good wrist work.
    Last edited by nokh88; 10-03-2011 at 08:31 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vivian Hoo (back) and Woon Khe Wei won the Indonesia Open Grand Prix Gold yesterday.

WOMEN'S doubles Vivian Hoo-Woon Khe Wei ended their brilliant run in the Indonesia Open Grand Prix Gold in style when they clinched their first international title in East Kalimantan yesterday.
    The unseeded Vivian-Khe Wei, ranked World No 60, defeated Japan Open champions Bao Yixin-Zhong Qianxin of China 19-21, 21-19, 21-18 in 65 minutes to earn a deserving victory in their fifth tournament as a pair.

Yixin-Qianxin were the favourites after their exploits in Japan last week but Vivian, 21, and Khe Wei, 22, showed grit and determination to turn the match around after losing the first game 19-21 and trailing 10-15 in the second.

Vivian-Khe Wei fought back to win 21-19 and took a healthy 13-8 lead in the decider before the China pair scored seven points on the trot to lead 15-13 but the Malaysians battled back to secure a 21-18 win.

National women's doubles coach Rexy Mainaky said Vivian-Khe Wei have shown their pedigree but still have a long way to go before they can stake a claim as a world class pair.

"I am very proud of them. It is a fantastic achievement as they are still young and have a bright future," said Rexy in an e-mail from Indonesia yesterday.

"They have some resemblance to Wong Pei Tty and Chin Eei Hui, who have also worked hard to become what they are now. Khe Wei is very hard-working while Vivian, like Eei Hui, is very skillful.

"Both are fighters and their battling qualities helped them against the China pair today (yesterday).

"They are still not ready to win the Sea Games although they have improved so much. I don't want to talk about winning and put pressure on them. They still have a long way to go."

Vivian-Khe Wei's biggest obstacle will be Indonesia's Meiliana Jauhari-Greysia Polii and since the Malaysians will not be seeded for the Sea Games, they may meet their rivals early and this will not help their cause.

However, the BA of Malaysia (BAM) will have some breathing space as Vivian-Khe Wei have what it takes to replace Pei Tty-Eei Hui who are expected to retire after next year's London Olympics.

Dioinisius Hayom Rumbaka of Indonesia also clinched his first grand prix gold title after beating compatriot Tommy Sugiarto 21-16, 21-17 in 37 minutes to win the singles crown.

Read more: Badminton / Indonesia Open Grand Prix Gold: Vivian-Khe Wei do Malaysia proud http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/B...#ixzz1Zj0CCj9X

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Star Online > Sports
    Monday October 3, 2011
    Khe Wei-Vivian nail Indonesian Open GP Gold title
    By KNG ZHENG GUAN
    PETALING JAYA: It was a case of third time lucky for upcoming women doubles pair Woon Khe Wei and Vivian Hoo at the Indonesian Open GP Gold badminton tournament at East Kalimantan yesterday.
    The duo clinched the title in their first ever final appearance after failing to get past the semi-finals of the Thailand and Taiwan Open earlier this year.
    The young pair defeated China’s Bao Yixin-Zhong Qianxin 19-21, 21-19, 21-18.
    Hungry pair: Woon Khe Wei (left) and Vivian Hoo made the most of their first ever final appearance.
    It was an amazing feat considering the fact that the more experienced Chinese pair came into the tournament fresh from winning the Japan Open last month.
    The first game was a close affair as both pairs failed to gain any headway but it was the Chinese, with their vast experience, who wrapped up the first game at 21-19.
    However, Khe Wei-Vivian showed that they were no pushovers when they fought back to win with an identical 21-19 scoreline.
    In the deciding game, Khe Wei-Vivian tightened up their game to coolly romp home 21-18 and celebrate their breakthrough in women’s doubles.
    “I’m really happy to win our first title as it is also the first time that we have beaten players from China,” said Khe Wei.
    “We have been training hard lately and part of our improvement as a pair is due to the fact that our defence is getting better.
    “Opponents are finding it harder to finish us off and mentally we have also toughened up and we no longer panic while trailing.
    “Hopefully, we’ll be able to maintain our performance and make a push for the London Olympics next year,” said Khe Wei.
    The pair are currently ranked 60th in the world. Their good performance is also a boost for Malaysia’s gold medal hopes at the Jakarta SEA Games next month.

http://thestar.com.my/services/print...asp&sec=sports

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.bharian.com.my/bharian/ar...taring/Article
    Interview with Assistant coach, Chong Kien Ling

http://www.hmetro.com.my/articles/Wo...afelit/Article
    Interview with Vivian Hoo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am impressed with Rexy. Where is KKK? lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CHN is still the team to beat especially in WD department....
    WKW/VHKM did a good job to dethrone them in this INA GP Gold
    for CHN, this is only a small hiccup for them....they will study and
    analyse our girl's strength and weaknesses and before we even woke up
    from this celebration, CHN is already ready to counter back...
    lets hope WKW/VHKM can be ready for that...

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast