Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Woon Khe Wei

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dato A View Post
    Too much praise to them i am afraid they will be another KKK/TBH's.
    Yes, the heat needs to come down a little bit for now. This is just 'starting' for them in my humble opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by victory View Post

WKW/Vivian need "insulation" so that this kind of attitudes don't get to them. Their coaches played a very important role. They are still very young.
    Dont need so kan cheong, ladies less prone to discipline problems than guys . WPT & CEH, also the retired WMC are typical example. Our women players to me(except NHL) looks like the 'good girl' type.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like that picture also...

Beauty and the beast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Dont need so kan cheong, ladies less prone to discipline problems than guys . WPT & CEH, also the retired WMC are typical example. Our women players to me(except NHL) looks like the 'good girl' type.
    Lydia Cheah and Ng Hui Ern?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Yes, the heat needs to come down a little bit for now. This is just 'starting' for them in my humble opinion.
    Yes they have a long way to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=eaglehelang;1768091]Dont need so kan cheong, ladies less prone to discipline problems than guys . WPT & CEH, also the retired WMC are typical example. Our women players to me.

Yes you have a point. I heard WMC is a work horse. It is so pity that her injuries forced her to retire early. I believe WKW and Vivian are smart enough to know they still have a long way to go and so much to learn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Lydia Cheah and Ng Hui Ern?
    I said NHL- Ng Hui Lin is the exception to me, a tad arrogant. Lydia 'quai' one lah- studies, training, studies only. Hui Ern looks more humble than her sis. The others, dont seem the clubbing, naughty types at all, they know their priorities, those who couldnt stand, long, long, long time ago quit badminton & go study college. That's the difference between guys & gals, gals must really love the sport to join in.
    Look at our WPT, CEH, WPT so serious & hardworking. CEH more happy go lucky but just normal routine life. The juniors just look to their 'big sis', know what example they must follow

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got a hint on who go clubbing
    hint: another one
    haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone have videos or links of their finals?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pajrul View Post
    anyone have videos or links of their finals?
    Go to Badminton sharing forum...........have a portion of the final........!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they want to have good role model, only need to look at Dato Lee Chong Wei. Works so hard, disciplined, respect all his previous coaches. And he really does seem to have genuine passion for the sport and the country, and always gives his all.
    Although, he like fast cars and MacDonalds though. Maybe not so good la, haha!
    But yeah, I think role models Wong Mew Choo and Dato Lee are the best la.

12. Likes extremenanopowe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeShuttler View Post
    If they want to have good role model, only need to look at Dato Lee Chong Wei. Works so hard, disciplined, respect all his previous coaches. And he really does seem to have genuine passion for the sport and the country, and always gives his all.
    that's right, now Wong Mew Choo is coach for women singles (junior division) and she may probably on tasks in next coming world junior championships.
    For Dato Lee, after his retirement, he may go do coaching in mens singles only if his juniors and back ups such as Daren Liew, Chong Wei Feng, Arif Latif, Chan Kwong Beng and others unable to get top hill...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeShuttler View Post
    LCW is male lah, different, opponents different, style & strategy between men & women's different, lol. The guys get more budget allocation & of course more expectation & pressure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tough, but Woon-Vivian hope to help M'sia retain the doubles gold

By AFTAR SINGH

KUALA LUMPUR: Expectations will be high on shuttlers Woon Khe Wei-Vivian Hoo to help retain the women’s doubles gold medal at the Indonesia SEA Games next month.
    Khe Wei-Vivian surprised the form books to win the Indonesian Open GP Gold in Kalimantan last week. The unseeded duo upset sixth seeds Cheng Shu-Pan Pan of China to reach the semi-finals. In the final, they beat eighth seeds Bao Yixin-Zhong Qianxin, also of China, to win their first career title.
    In the last SEA Games in Laos two years ago, Wong Pei Tty and Chin Eei Hui won the gold medal in the women’s doubles.
    Have faith is us: Vivian Hoo (left) and Woon Khe Wei pledging to give their best at the National Sports Council office yesterday. — AHMAD IZZRAFIQ ALIAS/The Star
    However, Pei Tty and Eei Hui will not be featuring in the Indonesia SEA Games.
    The 22-year-old Khe Wei will be participating for the second time in the biennial Games.
    Khe Wei partnered Ng Hui Lin to deliver the winning point for Malaysia to clinch the women’s team gold medal in the Laos Games in 2009. Malaysia defeated Indonesia 3-1 in the women’s team final.
    Khe Wei from Selangor said that it would be tough to retain the women’s doubles title.
    “Although we are motivated and hungry for more titles after winning the Indonesian Open GP Gold tournament, it is not going to be easy in the SEA Games. But we’ll try our best,” said Khe Wei, who partnered Vivian to finish as runners-up in the Asian Badminton Champ*ionships (ABC) in New Delhi last year .
    “The Indonesian pairs will be favourites to win as they are seeded higher than us and will have homeground advantage. Besides that it’s always tough to play at the Istora Senayan Stadium in Jakarta because of the noisy crowd.
    “I had played in the Indonesian Open Super Series two years ago and I felt a bit nervous playing under such noisy conditions,” said Khe Wei.
    Indonesia will be represented by two solid pairs in the women’s doubles and they are Meiliana Jauhari-Greysia Polii and Anneke Feinya Augustin-Nitya Krishinda Maheswari.
    For coach Rexy Mainaky, he is not setting any target for Khe Wei-Vivian.
    “They are are still young. I hope they will be able to maintain their physical fitness during the Games,” said Rexy.
    At the last Games in Laos, Malaysia came back with a 2-2-5 medal haul. This time the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) are not setting any targets.
    Malaysia have named 20 players comprising 10 men and 10 women for the Games.
    RESULTS
    Men: Liew Daren, Mohd Arif Abdul Latif, Chong Wei Feng, Goh Soon Huat, Lim Khim Wah, Goh V Shem, Ong Soon Hock, Mak Hee Chun, Ong Jian Guo, Mohd Lufti Zaim Abdul Khalid.
    Women: Tee Jing Yi, Lydia Cheah Li Ya, Yang Li Lian, Sonia Cheah Su Ya, Vivian Hoo Kah Mun, Woon Khe Wei, Lim Yin Loo, Marylen Ng Poau Leng, Chong Sook Chin, Lai Pei Jing.
    The Squad
    Men: Liew Daren, Mohd Arif Abdul Latif, Chong Wei Feng, Goh Soon Huat, Lim Khim Wah, Goh V Shem, Ong Soon Hock, Mak Hee Chun, Ong Jian Guo, Mohd Lufti Zaim Abdul Khalid.
    Women: Tee Jing Yi, Lydia Cheah Li Ya, Yang Li Lian, Sonia Cheah Su Ya, Vivian Hoo Kah Mun, Woon Khe Wei, Lim Yin Loo, Marylen Ng Poau Leng, Chong Sook Chin, Lai Pei Jing.
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...018&sec=sports

Wow , looks like they are now more blond after their victory in Ina

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blonde hair looks good on Vivian but not WKW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by victory View Post
    Blonde hair looks good on Vivian but not WKW.
    It's auburn. And I don't think it suits either of them.

18. Likes Gingerbeer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Are they following in the hairstyle footsteps of KKK? When they win they tend to dye their hair some strange colour. :shrug: ...... Btw, the Ina wd final match video is already up by ilovecp2007. Check in the video forum.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast