User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Starting badminton again, need help finding OC gym

Hi all,

I played competitive badminton in my high school years and played casually during college. It's been about 10 years since I held a badminton racket and now I am thinking about picking up the sport again.

The problem is, I can't find the most updated information on "places to play." I hope you can help me in this regard.

I visited OCBC today and was shocked at the high prices there....I guess it will be worth it if I am conditioned to play competitively again... but it doesn't fit me now.
    IVC seems to have a women's badminton club... but from the website, dosn't look like it's for public anymore.

I live at Fullerton and work at Irvine.... If you know a few good gyms around these cities that don't charge an arm and a leg to play (daily?) , I'll really appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by jmu114; 04-23-2007 at 12:47 AM. Reason: clarify title

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default You can check these places also..

Quote Originally Posted by jmu114
    Hi all,

I played competitive badminton in my high school years and played casually during college. It's been about 10 years since I held a badminton racket and now I am thinking about picking up the sport again.

The problem is, I can't find the most updated information on "places to play." I hope you can help me in this regard.

I visited OCBC today and was shocked at the high prices there....I guess it will be worth it if I am conditioned to play competitively again... but it doesn't fit me now.
    IVC seems to have a women's badminton club... but from the website, dosn't look like it's for public anymore.

I live at Fullerton and work at Irvine.... If you know a few good gyms around these cities that don't charge an arm and a leg to play (daily?) , I'll really appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    ..yes, the SCBA website is down for maintance..However, you can check out these places in this link: http://www.worldbadminton.com/whereT...index.html#sca

If you live in Fullerton, the closest place to play, as far as i know, is the Walnut Teen Center(abt 15-20 min. drive and only costs $1 to play. Wide array of playing levels.). You can go to these links: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...515#post425515 or http://www.ci.walnut.ca.us/general.asp?id=157
    Btw, welcome to BCF, jmu114
    Last edited by ctjcad; 04-23-2007 at 03:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thanks you ctjcad!!!

I will definately check out these places soon!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

www.usabadminton.org, check out "where to play"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jmu114, where did you go for badminton in OC? i am also new to OC and trying to find a good place to go. good means less than $5, not a lot of people and evenly leveled players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why don't you come to Bolsa Rec. Center ? It's near Bolsa HS. Open on Thursday: 6-9pm, Sunday 5-8pm, and every morning (I guess). The fees are $5 for ID, and $3 for everytime you come.....

Sometime, Santa Ana College is open on Sunday 1-5pm (free), but I don't know when it's gonna open...

Also, there is a small gym at: McFadden and Hazard. Coach Prat(coached Garden Grove HS couple years ago), he's open on Friday(6-9pm). The problem is that he only has 3 courts, so it's kind of tight for us to play...I'll check it out this Friday

Hope this help...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys can always come to join us at Garden Grove Recreational Center next to Bolsa Grande HS, every morning from 6:30am-9:00am except Wednesday and Sunday as long as you come to have fun and act nicely since 90% of people playing here are 50+. Fee are one time $30 bucks, after that it is $25 bucks a month, very cheap. There are 6 courts, 3 for beginner and older peoples and 3 for intermediate and advance, couple younger guys and gals will be play on this side. Rule is 1 game 21 points, both side go out at end game. You can go to the next court and play if it open. So sometime you gotta wait 1 or 2 games before you can play and sometime you can play continuously until you lay on the floor. But typically, you will have about 5-10 mins rest between games.

In the evening, from 7-10pm you can check out SCCCA Thu, Fri, Sat, this place is more expensive $7 bucks walk in $400 for unlimited year round included Sunday from 5pm-8pm I think. This one will be more competitive. Lot more intermediate and advance players even freak (sorry, but some of you guys are pretty crazy)

If you are a beginner you might try a small gym at the corner of New Hope and Hazard in Santa Ana, it's a part of Rosita Park. There are 3 courts Monday, Wednesday 9-12am, Friday 5pm-8pm $12bucks a month.

Sunday only would be Santa Ana College 1-5pm best bet since it's free. You can check out www.bangminton.com to see which Sunday it's open.

OCBC is another place for those with deep pocket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have an update on Santa Ana College schdule and fees? Many thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

santa ana open today anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged