New Racket Handle?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by AznArtist209, Apr 23, 2007.

1. AznArtist209

AznArtist209 Regular Member

Student
    my armortec 700's handle basically disinegrated in my hands after a hard smash but the shaft was still in together, so basically i took an old yonex racket and i am trying to figure out how to take that shaft out, the racket btw is a yonex swing power SA, i'm trying everything, i even soaked the handle in water to losen the glue on the handle, the shaft isn't budging!!! any suggestions?

Nick

2. TonyWdq

TonyWdq Regular Member

Software
    isnt there 2 nails near the top and bottom of the handle that goes through both the wood and the shaft (inside the wood)??? isn't that what holds the shaft in place instead of the glue at the cone?

3. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    i second what TonyWdq is saying, just about all rackets have a screw that holds the wood to the shaft

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    should u try asking for a warranty replacement first?

5. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Ahh don't kill the SA!! Is it the Ti or the 900?

6. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

dude, you can find any racquet and use that as a doner... you don't need to sacrifice the swingpower!!!!

7. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Can you take a picture of the handle? There might be a way to fix it. However, we do nee a picture to se the extent of the break.

8. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i agree with the trying to get it replaced first. wow! how did the shaft disintegrate? did you like turn into an incredible hulk while smashing? just kidding. no offense.

#8 azabaz_ipoh, Apr 23, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  9. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    He said the handle, not the shaft. He's trying to detach the shaft from the handle and attach a new one. Unless that was just an error on your part. >.>

I'm only assuming the OP is a he, as well, hehe..

#9 Tsumaranai, Apr 23, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  10. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    :D ha ha har har. it was a mistake on my part. i was thinking handle but i have just read about the shaft and i accidentally type shaft instead of handle. so since Op is a he, it is normal to break the handle. how many people here have broken their handle before? just curious.:eek:

11. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
  12. ictus

ictus Regular Member

I think AznArtist209 wants to find out how to remove the handle without destorying it. It is easy to glue the handle back when the handle is already loose. But it is almost impossible to remove a prefectly sound handle. The screw is just for safety or aligning the shaft to the handle, it is not meant to be use to secure the shaft to the handle. The adhesive manufacturers use are industrial stuff that usually are permanent. I also recently broke the handle on my racquet and is still trying, without success, to remove the handle without damaging it. If anyone have, or know someone who have a broken racquets they don't want, please donate it to help save my racquet. Thanks. :eek:

13. AznArtist209

AznArtist209 Regular Member

Student
    the warrenty is void and i dont really feel like sending in 35 dollars to have my racket checked out at yonex, also the Ti swingpower was already broken sorry to say folks, i really liked that racket when i was younger and playing more defensive, anywho, i removed the screw, i read the forum by kwun and that's how i originally fixed my 700, ya see the handle on it broke once before, not really break but cracked and it was just a little loose, so i got epoxy glue and fixed it, i even added ruber cement under the cap to dampen vibrations, but yeah one day i was playing with it and it basically shattered in my hands after a smash, the shaft is perfectly fine, it's just the handle, so that's why i'm using the broken swingpower's handle. i unscrewed the screw in the handle on that one, but the glue that's holding the handle in the swingpower is really really tough, i ran it under water for a day and nothing:crying: , this is quiet difficult, any more suggestions?

Nick

14. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

try alcohol or aceton/ manicure remover.
    sometimes use those to get paint of my metal minatures and super glue comes off as well melting all plastic.

15. qingshun

qingshun Regular Member

Saw off the shaft and use a drill bit to go through. Remember to clamp the handle before drill. I saw a shopkeeper doing this once. He use a broken racket handle. But the thing is the dust generate is more deadly than itchy powder. Immediate inflammation upon contact.