Carlton Airblade Elite vs Carlton Airblade Tour

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Chilefeu, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Chilefeu

Chilefeu Regular Member

Student / Trainee
    Hi all,

Presently, I have 3 AB Rasmussen Tour that suits me very well.

But I'd like to buy another one and I'm interested in buying a AB Elite ;) since the Rasmussen Tour is discontinuited in my area.
    Moreover, the AB Elite is only €15 more expensive so I may dare to buy one, especially if it performs as well if not better than the AB Tour :)

So i'd like to have your opinions on the ELITE. How does it compare with the AB Tour ? What is different in term of stiffness, balance, weight, lenght ? Is the Elite far much different from my AB Tour ? :confused:

Thanks for your help & replies,
    Chile. :)

2. Monkey_D_luffy

Monkey_D_luffy Regular Member

yeh, i would like to hear some opinions about this too, cus i'm thinking of getting a carlton racket, but i don't know the differences between superlite, tour and elite.

3. Yfever

Yfever Regular Member

airblade superlite - head-light balance

airblade tour - even balance

airblade elite - head-heavy balance

not sure bout the flexibility of the shafts although based on experience, carltons are on the flexy side.

i used to have an airbalde tour (the model used by nathan robertson), excellent racket. nice feel, med flex, great all-around performance. kinda short if youre used to yonex rackets & it has an oval head, might need a little adjusting if youre used to iso's.

4. Chilefeu

Chilefeu Regular Member

Student / Trainee
    Thanks for your review Yfever ;)

Although The carlton racquets are quite flex according to you, do you believe the ELITE is somehow stiffer than the TOUR ?

Since the Elite is more like a "top-range" racquet, I think It should be stiffer ... (And that's what I'm looking for, since the tour is quite flex for me ...)

5. wakloo69

wakloo69 Regular Member

librarian
    Why not you look for the new one carlton airblade aerospeed 29. I think it also good for you. Try it...