fake/clones

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by sorin, Jan 6, 2002.

1. sorin

sorin Regular Member

IT
    I have seen a shop in hk selling rackets from a company called zjstar.
    They have Muscle Power all over just like yonex. I've seen models called
    MP 8000 and MP88.

It's some what confusing as I expect them to be yonex.
    But does anyone know if the quality of these rackets are any good ?
    Or are they cheap fakes/clones?

Regards
    Sorin

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    generally. the clones are of inferior quality.

a friend of mine brought back a Fleet MP8800 today. looks exactly like the MP100, but lighter and less solid feel. nothing like the MP100.

3. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Hmm...a player who plays at our club has a Fleet MP100 which is exactly the same as the Yonex MP100 (including colors, markings, etc...except the T joint where it says fleet instead of YY including the logo Ultinium). The other difference that I noticed was that the Fleet racquet has no "muscle" structures on the frame. I actually took that racquet and put it side by side with the real deal and you can tell the difference until you started playing with it.

4. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Just curious Peter, what were the some of the differences you noticed between the Fleet fake and the real MP100.

5. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Badrad,
    The cosmetics on both racquets were exactly the same except the throat where the YY logo is, it's an F and where Yonex is, it's Fleet. The Fleet racquet even has the Ultimum graphic on the side of the shaft (near the throat).

The other physical difference is that the Fleet racquet has no muscle structures on the frame (just normal grommets).

Now if Fleet has not put its own logo and name on the racquet, I would classified it as a "fake" instead of a near "clone" as it has no muscle structure but imagine someone who has not seen the real Yonex MP100; that person will think that the Fleet MP100 to be the real Yonex MP100 if it has YY logo and name.