Pro Ace racquets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by bokchoi, Jan 6, 2002.

1. bokchoi

bokchoi Guest

Hi there ! i'm new to this forum...i was just wondering if Pro Ace racquets are good to play with? I heard Pro Ace uses the some of the same material to build their racquests as NASA! Any opinions on these rackets?

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    hmm, i didn't knew nasa makes racquets :eek:

3. bokchoi

bokchoi Guest

Really eh....i don't know either i was just checking out one of the sites and was amazed !!

4. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I think this particular NASA is not the one that most of us are familiar with... ;)

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    that's very fishy marketing technique. i am sure NASA also use materials like Aluminum and plastic. so can all window frame maker and plastic bottle makers claims that they are using NASA material??

6. bokchoi

bokchoi Guest

Yup, but they use special "STRAFIL PREPREG" graphite material, which is used for missile !!

http://www.proace.com.tw/badminton/badminton.htm

7. Dan

Dan Guest

I have a Pro Ace widebody with Yang Yang signature name on it. Got it about 7yrs ago. Frame is quite stiff. Not bad but nothing special. It has a crack on it already, close to the joint and that didn't take long. Perhaps they make better racquet now?

8. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    ProAce, like all other racquet manufacturer produce a number of different models for different market segments. There are a number of plants the make them, as well, they also outsource for lower end models. The ones they make themselves will have better quality control (their Taiwan plant), however be wary of the cheaper models which are made in China plants. The material used to produce the cheaper models are of lower quality.

My wife and I both use the WB28. I managed to get a good deal on a dozen several years back and have been using them since. For the money, it is a very good racquet, although there is nothing special about. I am now down to 4 left and will soon have to look for something else to take it's place. Some of them broken during tournaments, other just retired due to material fatigue.

I would probably buy another ProAce, unfortunately there are no dealers here where I am. I do have my eyes out for the Ti10. But the cost means I have to stick to only one or two at the most.

Badrad

9. bokchoi

bokchoi Guest

Thanks for the advice guys.... i guess i still have to do more research on a racket!

10. Anezka

Anezka New Member

Amazing

;) Dear Friend,

I'm sorry ! I really don't know what are materials are to be used by PRO ACE.
    But some of my friends and I start to use the " Pro Ace " racquets before the 10 years, we are not intend to change the other racquets, I'm really satifisy for the
    " Pro Ace " racquets. Have you been use the " Pro Ace " racquet ??

Anezka

11. Anezka

Anezka New Member

:) Dear Friend,

Ya, I agree about you. I've visit the their Web-Site : http://www.proace.cn
    Did you look it same as me ??

Anezka

12. erictay2000

erictay2000 Regular Member

I used to own a lot of Pro-Ace racquets before buying any other brand such Widebody-55, Titanium-6, Titanium-7.... These racquets broke due to my heavy usage and high tension of stringing... This year I just bought Thunderbolt... To me Pro-Ace is a budget racquet brand (compared to the price of Yonex's racquet) which offers good quality racquets with performance enhancements....:)

13. Locomoco

Locomoco Regular Member

Remember, "Space-age" technology really means circa 1960's... :D

14. zuihoujueding

zuihoujueding Regular Member

havent tried proace before, mainly becos of its dull appearance. but i know lots of uncles enjoys proace sweetspot1000 in singapore. they said its a well balance racket.

15. DietCokeMan

DietCokeMan Regular Member

Hah??? Used materials as NASA???:eek: Waouu...I also want to try..where to get one?

16. willietecno

willietecno New Member

proace

hi , i,m now using THUNDER BOLT S ( smash ) it is very nice racquets , these are my first proace racquets , i used to use AT 800, thunder bolt gives more power , cause more head heavy , yesterday i also try ABS POWER 1000, i think it;s also very nice racuqts

17. surge

surge Regular Member

proace/apacs rackets are value for money. only when you try it( say their armorted700 clone thunderblot II) w armortec 700 yonex, then you can feel the difference in hte vibration when you hit it.

wo side by side comparison, they feel just as good...i think

i mean, talkling about racket la....dont include factors like player good can use any racket that kind of theory....

18. willietecno

willietecno New Member

proace

i havent try the AT700 i heard that its very good in handling than 800, even taufik hidayat is prefer the AT700, btw how much price in SG leh ?, in here its very cheap about 180 sin , how much in there ?price also same with for AT 800 off/De

19. surge

surge Regular Member

about 190 sin. you can get the proace copy(thunderboltII) at S$120 here and about 80 across the causeway.

HART's copy is about $75 here in singapore

20. practicer

practicer Regular Member

Hi to ProAce racquet users. I have my eyes on these following racquets:
    Quick Killer series - LCP600
    Thunderbolt series - II & S
    ABS-Power series - 880, 200 & 100, 1000
    Direct Feeling series - Evolution 900 & 850

My skill is between beginner (high end) & (low end) intermediate. I am more of a defensive and stroke player because I do not have a power smash like most player. So, I am focusing on defensive tactics. I would like to build my offensive skill if I can one day.

I am currrently using ProAce Ti11 as my main and my backup is ProAce Thunderbolt L (Lighting). I would like to get few more ProAce racquets while I still can...
    Does anyone currently own those racquets I listed above and how do you like it so far? How much do they cost roughly? Where can I buy them in Malaysia (around KL if possible), Singapore or Indonesia (around Jakarta)?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.