Asby Honor System None?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by drowsysmurf, Apr 26, 2007.

1. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    So I saw this on the website of Asby store. I went into the store to see if they will honor the price considering it was their mistake. The lady admitted that it was a mistake and their website is currently down, therefore they cannot do anything about it. By the way if you see the time on the picture, I was there about 1 hour before. As seen, their website is not down. If it was really down, it would show an error. I ask her if she was going to honor the price and she said no (she did not even face me while saying it). customer service is still bad as they were 7 years ago when they were the only store around the bay that sold badminton supplies. they told me the price 69.95 (not the one listed cuz 69.95 is for the shoe in the picture) is pretty cheap. it is $90 of the "suggested" price. they took me for a dummy... EVERYONE in the bay area is selling it for pretty much the same price. It is obviously their fault.
    just an observation. thought i was going to get a pair of cheaper shoes (44.95 as listed on the website) but they weren't going to honor it... gave them a couple of chances to honor it either. i sometimes wonder why they are still alive when it seems like honor code is not part of the store policy...:(
    [​IMG]

2. Kimmysolucious

Kimmysolucious Regular Member

I bought my very first racket at Asby's and have been coming back ever since. But everytime the people were always nice. I don't know about the other sports like soccer, but the badminton people were always helpful. Maybe you just got the wrong person? Frankly, I'm a little offended by you questioning Asby's integrity. ( I don't have any affilation with them other than being a customer)

3. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    iono... i never had a good experience there before maybe that's why. back in high school, they were the only ones around and their products seems overpriced until more badminton stores opened. btw, i wasn't help by the badminton associates like the stringer or stuff cuz they don't stock shoes there. shoes are in the back room controlled by the people that also sells the soccer equipment. they helped but when i talked about the price difference, the lady just kinda looked away and kept talking while doing some stuff while i was still standing there. i would understand if she was also helping another customer but she wasn't. like i said it was the lady behind the counter (i guess i should add cashiering counter). i'm sure if the owner was there, he would have smiling face saying that is was their mistake. he might or might not sell me those shoes, but he would try hard to give me those shoes or suggest some other shoes or give a discount 10% or something. nothing of that sort happened. no apologies for incorrect publishing of price of product, didn't seem humble, offered no alternate solutions. O_O;;;

4. herkulease

herkulease New Member

I hear ya. I hate the fat chick that works the checkout. she has an attitude problem. I once asked them if they would honor price match badminton alley for a bag. She gives me attitude how they are biggest and there's no way anywhere else could sell it cheaper. I call them on the phone on teh spot and they quoted the price on the phone. Good thing sanjay was there and he was like its cool. Everyone else there is nice except her. I dunno who she is though in regards to ownership.

Might I ask what shoes were you looking for. best thing you should do is look at the badminton counter where they ahve the flip book thing with a price chart. should be like the 1st or 2nd page. something like yonex 2007 price list. Hold them too it. Ignore what the tag on the shoes might list(unless its cheaper) or what they pull up on the computer.

5. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    no no... i went in with a piece of printed paper, from their website, listing the shoes name SHB-41 (which does not match the picture SHB-71) i was going for the shoes in the picture (SHB 71)hoping they would price match it because they were the ones that listed it incorrectly. got the lady with the attitude and some guy from the back yelling out that the picture was incorrect. the lady in the front was saying the system is down and they couldn't change it. but they take me for a technical fool or some crap -_-. if system is down, the website should be down also?

6. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O