Places to play in Melbourne, Kings Park/St Albans?

Discussion in 'Australia / New Zealand' started by 450450, Apr 26, 2007.

1. 450450

450450 Regular Member

Hey People

I'm from Perth leaving to Melbourne tonight. I do not wish to miss badminton action while I'm over there! :D

Any places you recommend? If you can give me the location and time that would be great!

2. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    Hi there,

Have a look here for a list of places to play in Melbourne :

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33546&page=3

There is a tournament on this weekend at the Melbourne & Aquatic Centre in Albert Park. You could probably just show up and enter. For further details see the attached file

Hope you find a place to play.

Attached Files:

3. 450450

450450 Regular Member

Looks like Wesley closed for some rehersal? Anywhere else folks?

So far I have:

Nunawading Community Centre, Silver Grove, Nunawading Melway 48 E9 Saturday 3:30 PM 6:00PM

4. 450450

450450 Regular Member

I saw Flemington in the list but no details. Is that open today? Time?

5. 450450

450450 Regular Member

It seems Altona is the closest one to me. Rang them up but there is no social badminton clubs there. Damn it I'm bored.

6. Paulet jr

Paulet jr Regular Member

student
    i play down at kilsyth 3-4 times a week. im a junior by the way. but anyway, i play in the senior comp down there and there are some great players (eg paul kern, i think he was from perth). other than that, theres a place called henderson rd, its run by a bunch of indonesians, but they are all good and its strong competition.
    if you have some people to hit with, you can hire a court at msac, altona(ask for stuart), seba(south east badminton).
    well there the only main stadiums i know that are within about 45 min of altona(not sure where you live exactly)
    well help some of that helped mate

7. 450450

450450 Regular Member

Hey!

Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll be catching a train to the city then go from there.

If you people see an asian guy carrying a yonex 6 racquet bag strapped on the shoulders wandering around the city then its probably me!

#7 450450, Apr 29, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2007
  8. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    Hi there,

I have asked a friend who live out in the Western suburbs (Footscray) and he tells me that he does not know of any social badminton clubs out that way. He drives down to the east & south east suburbs to play.

The club at Henderson Rd, Keysborough is called Southern Star. I am one of the organisers of the Titans Badminton Club and we regularly play interclub matches with them. Both our clubs are in the South East side of Melbourne and both are almost impossible to get to with public transport.

My friend may be able to give you a lift, there and back, on Wednesday night 8pm to 11pm at Southern Star or Saturday night 6:30pm to 10pm at Titans but you will need to send me a private message with with your email and contact phone number.

By the way both our clubs are quite strong and if you are a beginner please let me know and I can recommend other venues for you.

Here is some info about our club along with some directions on how to get there if you can organise your own transport :
    http://www.titanbadmintonclub.websyte.com.au/

Regards
    Ashley