which club to find (Badminton-)partners?

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by iSimo, Apr 26, 2007.

1. iSimo

iSimo New Member

Hi, I am from Germany, Berlin and here in Vancouver until July. I play a lot of Badminton in Berlin (3 times a week), and I definitely wanna play here too!! So, my question is, which club should I go to as I don't know people here in Vancouver and don't have playing partners. In which club are the most people looking or willing to play with someone new, where is it easiest to get to know other players to play regularly? To give you an idea of my level: I play for three years now. I can get the shuttle from baseline to baseline, my smash is not too weak, I have a good defense, I am fast and reach many balls. I manage to put the shuttle with my backhand back into the field most of the times, but mainly longline and definitely not from baseline to baseline. My short balls directly at the net (don't know how you call these in English) are still too heigh. Ok, that should give you the idea. Answers very much appreciated, thank you!!! Ivo P.s. I do fancy the VRC because it is much nearer to me than Richmond, but if you say it's better for me to go to another one, I definitely will try these!

2. xXHilikusXx

xXHilikusXx Regular Member

Vrc? sign up for some group lessons ul find a friend to play with u ;) where u there this past week ? mightve seen u lol

3. LoveJoy

LoveJoy Regular Member

We play at Clear Two on Sunday mornings from 10 -1pm Court 3 and also Wen nights from 8 -11pm Court 1. We play with feather birds and shares the court cost.
    Men's doubles except Sundays where you could play some mixed. Club level and above players welcome.
    Come and say hello

4. Ellen

Ellen Regular Member

I would like to play too.