User Tag List

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 187 of 618
  1. #171
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    surrey, england
    Posts
    878
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Schneider
    Mine is defintley Peter Rasmussen, a great inspiration to me. And i like Choong Tan Fook and Lee Wan Wah in the Mens doubles.
    i like choong tan fook, just be careful when saying his name

  2. #172
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Posts
    218
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Taufik Hidayat! I agree with what you guys said about taufik. His backhand is absolutely amazing, the guy has control and power - he could send the shuttle from one end of the court to the other (Don't believe me? Check out WC QF). I have nothing against the other great players, but Taufik's great backhand, precision and netplay makes his badminton incredibly efficient and can make the other guy run like crazy with minimum effort! Physical fitness fades with age, but technique lasts forever. He knows how badminton should really be played...

  3. #173
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    surrey, england
    Posts
    878
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Andrianus
    Taufik Hidayat! I agree with what you guys said about taufik. His backhand is absolutely amazing, the guy has control and power - he could send the shuttle from one end of the court to the other (Don't believe me? Check out WC QF). I have nothing against the other great players, but Taufik's great backhand, precision and netplay makes his badminton incredibly efficient and can make the other guy run like crazy with minimum effort! Physical fitness fades with age, but technique lasts forever. He knows how badminton should really be played...
    i wish i could have a backhand as good as any pro, especially taufik

  4. #174
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Iowa City IA USA
    Posts
    247
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here are my favorites:

    MS Lee Chong Wei
    WS Zhang Ning and XXF
    MD Cai and Fu
    WS Gao and Huang
    MX Enns and Robertson

  5. #175
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    surrey, england
    Posts
    878
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Javalina
    Here are my favorites:
    MX Enns and Robertson
    emms and robertson are also my favorites (even after the all england performance )

  6. #176
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lindanfan
    emms and robertson are also my favorites (even after the all england performance )
    atleast game 1 and 2 was fun to watch

  7. #177
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    surrey, england
    Posts
    878
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by chessymonkey
    atleast game 1 and 2 was fun to watch
    the end of game 2 definetely got my heart beating, thats why they are my favorite pair because they are exciting to watch

  8. #178
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    445
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If we are talking about favourite players of all time then for me it has to be Zhao Jianhua for his sheer brilliance. He had everything, the best technique, amazing deception and he revolutionised the jumpsmash. Anybody who has seen the video of him beating Joko in the '90 AE final will know what I'm talking about. The only thing he lacked was the consistency and the champion's mind.

    Modern players, it would be Chen Hong who is probably the closest to Zhao in the modern game in his style, or Gade for his exceptional tactics, reverse slice and his distinctive playing style

  9. #179
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    surrey, england
    Posts
    878
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by fast3r
    Gade for his exceptional tactics, reverse slice and his distinctive playing style
    i saw for the first time today the video of gade performing the trickshot netshot where he goes to play a normal netshot and then flicks his racket under to perform a cross-court. totally inspirational, especially as it was on a match point

  10. #180
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fast3r
    If we are talking about favourite players of all time then for me it has to be Zhao Jianhua for his sheer brilliance. He had everything, the best technique, amazing deception and he revolutionised the jumpsmash. Anybody who has seen the video of him beating Joko in the '90 AE final will know what I'm talking about. The only thing he lacked was the consistency and the champion's mind.

    Modern players, it would be Chen Hong who is probably the closest to Zhao in the modern game in his style, or Gade for his exceptional tactics, reverse slice and his distinctive playing style
    Actually Bao reminds me of Zhao Jain hua more then Chen Hong.. Zhao Jain Hua was one of those genius style player..every move had to be pretty to watch..long arm long reach... he never seems rushed..

  11. #181
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    surrey, england
    Posts
    878
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by chessymonkey
    Actually Bao reminds me of Zhao Jain hua more then Chen Hong.. Zhao Jain Hua was one of those genius style player..every move had to be pretty to watch..long arm long reach... he never seems rushed..
    i'm wasn't even born in 1990 so i don't remmeber zhao jain

  12. #182
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    445
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chessymonkey
    Actually Bao reminds me of Zhao Jain hua more then Chen Hong.. Zhao Jain Hua was one of those genius style player..every move had to be pretty to watch..long arm long reach... he never seems rushed..
    Well a combination of bao's movement and chen's attacking shots and smash would be pretty close to zhao

  13. #183
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    surrey, england
    Posts
    878
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by fast3r
    Well a combination of bao's movement and chen's attacking shots and smash would be pretty close to zhao
    could one of you possibly PM me with a link to this amazing game so i can see zhao play

  14. #184
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Redcar, UK
    Posts
    159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Favourite Mixed Doubles; ... has to be Emms & Robertson

    Favourite Singles, without a shadow of a doubt has to be Peter Gade. I've always admired his style and way he conducts himself. I think I preferred watching him play with an MP88. But I still love to watch him play.

    As for Mens & Womens doubles, I guess I haven't quite decided. Mixed and Singles I watch most, as they're my favourite 2 events. Women's singles I just can't decide.

    Possibly, after watching several videos of past games, Susi Susanti.

  15. #185
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lindanfan
    i'm wasn't even born in 1990 so i don't remmeber zhao jain
    it was back when ppl used to wear pure white top and tuckle in the pure white shorts.. wearing the "white rice fish"

  16. #186
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    surrey, england
    Posts
    878
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by chessymonkey
    it was back when ppl used to wear pure white top and tuckle in the pure white shorts.. wearing the "white rice fish"
    some "older" players at my club still play like this and they have a go at us juniors for wearing flashy multi coloured shirts. they wear the white shorts with slits up the sides

  17. #187
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lindanfan
    could one of you possibly PM me with a link to this amazing game so i can see zhao play
    if u can read a little chinese u can BT it from
    the www.bjyq.org/bbs/list.asp?boardid=7
    They had a match on 1985 AE open
    it was Zhao vs Lim Water Mirror..
    absolute classic match.. it would be like LD vs Tuf except its from the 80s

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2006 wc support ur favorite player
    By emms626 in forum World Championships 2006
    Replies: 29
    : 09-06-2006, 05:23 AM
  2. Favorite player
    By the evil dane in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 37
    : 11-26-2005, 04:16 AM
  3. Your favorite birdie
    By ChocoChipWaffle in forum Shuttlecock
    Replies: 16
    : 04-30-2005, 03:52 PM
  4. Lin Dan Is My Favorite
    By peace in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 36
    : 07-14-2004, 04:20 AM
  5. vote here for your favorite player. tell us what you like about them.
    By WoAiZhongGuo in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 62
    : 05-20-2004, 12:50 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •