Overated AT700

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Noobsmash, Apr 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noobsmash

Noobsmash Regular Member

Hi guys,
    i am just wondering and am very curious. Do u guys think that AT700 is overated?:confused: :confused:

2. Double_Player

Double_Player Regular Member

meh, not really. it's a good racquet but rather expensive brand new. but if you can resist the urge to buy it new then your fine.

yonex is expensive but I think they made the most selection and best equipment with new technology to entice us to buy them. hence the expensive price.

3. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    I've always wanted to go out and buy the AT700, but never saved up enough money lol

4. Loppy

Loppy Regular Member

How can it be overated when many of the top singles players in the world use it? It's still cheaper than the other top end yonex rackets =p

5. z3048018

z3048018 Regular Member

i found the 700 to be one of the best racquet out there (even though it's sitting in my cloth bag as the big mama 900P has taken priority). it is quite heavy at first, but you'll get use to it. i only had one night of play and a few days after i bought 2. it will be sad to see it leave my company :(

6. Noobsmash

Noobsmash Regular Member

Oh...i see...i am wondering if i should spend SGD$200 on an at700. What do u guys think?

7. schuweiz

schuweiz Regular Member

AT-700 is the best that I've ever owned !!~ :crying:

8. crashandburn

crashandburn Regular Member

badminton player
    compare to what rackets ?

just bought myself at700 and ti10 |(new) and only had a go for few hours....still adjusting the time and such ......can't really comment....but will give some input later

9. schuweiz

schuweiz Regular Member

just bought myself at700 and ti10 |(new) and only had a go for few hours....still adjusting the time and such ......can't really comment....but will give some input later[/quote]

Compared to AT-500, MP-88 and Carlton Powerblade XXX:D....
    VEry powerful racquet but unfortunately someone hit my racquet from behind :crying:

10. roller

roller Regular Member

have seen a number of players struggling with their AT700s yet they claim its the best racket they have ever played with and insist on using it. Obviously the AT700 is too demanding for these guys :) imho you should have a certain level of skills to maximise the capabilities of the AT700.

11. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    Just buy it, it is only S$200/-, it is a good racket.

Thanks.

12. vagpwner

vagpwner Regular Member

its good if u can get used to it. Its easily the most powerful racquet out there.

13. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    Even more powerful than the AT 900 P? Lol.

14. vagpwner

vagpwner Regular Member

from wad i've heard. yeah. At900 is much quicker though. But the at700 sure beats my ns9k hands down

15. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

really depends on your preferences, i prefer the ns9l over n at700 any day :p

16. alan06

alan06 Regular Member

I find that the nanospeed9000 s is easy to control and less strain on your wrist than the armortec 700 with equal or slightly less power in smashes.

17. z3048018

z3048018 Regular Member

i tend to agree with alan06 as my friend used my 700 for one night. he use to use his very old oval shape racquet but forgot it that night. this was about 3 weeks ago and his wrist is still sore!!

18. vagpwner

vagpwner Regular Member

at700 is super slow though.....

19. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

AT700 is a very good racket for single. accuracy+power is all that single needs. However, in doubles it's very hard to defend with. IMO, it's a little hyped cause it's not that that good overall, especially when you face superior opponents.

20. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Everyone should have their own preffered fave racket,rather than just to see what most pros r using n follow it.They love this racket because they feel the most suitable to play with it,and change it again after they feel comfy with another racket.

For example:When a badminton newbie or an intermediate play with AT700 or any other NS9000X,they wont really feel comfy to play with it,since they cant really play with it.But they cant say that.."ahhh..this racket sucks"..since lots of pros using it n they can play well.Ppl will laugh at him.Instead of continue using that racket,they should change the it,to another racket which he feels most suitable.

Let us see chen hong,his sponsor just got changed,from yonex to victor,n he follows his sponsor to use their racket.So does most of pro players,got sponsored by yonex and they have to use yonex racket,not any other,especially during championships.So,each of the pros choose the yonex racket that suits them.If u dont really get,they dont really have the chance to use any other brands,unlike us..who could choose any other rackets that we like.So,let us not blindly faving for something which is so popular.

So,there's no such thing as the best racket.Not even the world's most well known AT700,AT900,or the most expensiive NS9000S,X..since,everyone should have their own preffered rackets...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.