User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vagpwner View Post
    I think they are. They run out so fast. By right they should be like 1 buck a pop.

Like just about every other product, try making one yourself!!

Could YOU even buy a feather for a buck, no less buy the materials, build a machine, and pay for the labor for a buck a pop!??! Be thankful that so many wonderful products are available at amazingly cheap prices!!

Four of us players play three or four games with one bird for about 9 to 13 cents per player per game! Seems like very cheap entertainment to me!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FOURTEEN View Post
    Four of us players play three or four games with one bird for about 9 to 13 cents per player per game! Seems like very cheap entertainment to me!!!

1 Shuttle lasts 3-4 Games of doubles

You have to tell us which shuttles you use!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    1 Shuttle lasts 3-4 Games of doubles

You have to tell us which shuttles you use!!!

I like Hi Qua Red best, but not everyone provides these.

ALSO, we are Seniors (ages 55+) practicing for Senior Games! My wife and her partner finished in 7th place in the National Senior Games in both 2005 and 2007. We have each won Gold and Silver at the NC Senior Games. SO, don't picture us as out on a lawn with Wal-Mart rackets!! We do however concentrate on 'trickery' rather than 'power'!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Hi Qua Red best, but not everyone provides these.

ALSO, we are Seniors (ages 55+) practicing for Senior Games! My wife and her partner finished in 7th place in the National Senior Games in both 2005 and 2007. We have each won Gold and Silver at the NC Senior Games. SO, don't picture us as out on a lawn with Wal-Mart rackets!! We do however concentrate on 'trickery' rather than 'power'!
    we know we know
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ghlight=crafty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like just about every other product, try making one yourself!!

Could YOU even buy a feather for a buck, no less buy the materials, build a machine, and pay for the labor for a buck a pop!??! Be thankful that so many wonderful products are available at amazingly cheap prices!!

You don't have to post read font for us to notice. Most of us here don't have the time to make shuttlecocks so it would be cheaper to buy them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phandrew View Post
    You don't have to post read font for us to notice.

Most of us here don't have the time to make shuttlecocks so it would be cheaper to buy them

The color RED is an option! I don't post in 'READ', I post in 'RED"!

Exactly my point! Thanks for noticing!! Given enough time and money nearly anything is possible! But 'most of us' don't have the time, or money, or talent to make shuttlecocks for less than about $1.50 each! So, they are really a very high quality product for a very low price!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The color RED is an option! I don't post in 'READ', I post in 'RED"!

Exactly my point! Thanks for noticing!! Given enough time and money nearly anything is possible! But 'most of us' don't have the time, or money, or talent to make shuttlecocks for less than about $1.50 each! So, they are really a very high quality product for a very low price!!
    The time spent making shuttlecocks would be better spent playing badminton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post

We all use our abilities to our best advantage!

Hopefully the young 'Hot Shots' will live long enough to appreciate that, and to see just how well they play as octogenarians (being from 80 to 89 years old)!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We all use our abilities to our best advantage!

Hopefully the young 'Hot Shots' will live long enough to appreciate that, and to see just how well they play as octogenarians (being from 80 to 89 years old)!!
    i started badminton late in my life. With that said, i plan to dominate
    the world ranking, in the 85+ age bracket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyones mileage will vary, even when using the same shuttle brand, and same model. I find the best way is 1) finding a shuttle im happy with in terms of quality/performance/durability and 2) sharing the cost and having everyone bring a shuttle to the game. Steaming does help, slightly. Also buying quality has got to be another important part. Ive been really happy with the red tube of wilson classics. For the price $14 i really like them. they fly straight, good durability. I also like high quality ones like HQ Red, or ChaoPai Purple. If you cant last a game with one of these, youre either really bad, really picky, or instanely strong. The feathers on these dont really break if youre hitting them properly, they fray and speed up before they die, but then you tip the feathers get more life out of them Lastly if you are able to do a bulk order with friends it keeps the game consistant. Only worse thing than killing a shuttle in one hit is losing 5 service points in a row cause the flight is faster/slower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by illusionistpro View Post
    Only worse thing

No, the 'worse thing' is when you have a 'frugal' player who will not concede that a bird is dead! I have thrown aside birds that were completely frayed with broken or missing feathers, only to have them reappear in a later game!! One of our players, a 76 year old woman who has taken three cruises in the last year, to Costa Rica, around South America, and through Germany, will NEVER throw away a bird! One time, she wanted to use a bird that she had repaired with Scotch tape!! So now, when a bird has died, I ceremonially place it on the floor with it's feathers down, stomp on it, twist three times, and break off several more feathers on my way to the trash can!! She scowls, but hasn't tried to resurrect a bird lately!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of our players, a 76 year old woman who has taken three cruises in the last year, to Costa Rica, around South America, and through Germany, will NEVER throw away a bird! One time, she wanted to use a bird that she had repaired with Scotch tape!! So now, when a bird has died, I ceremonially place it on the floor with it's feathers down, stomp on it, twist three times, and break off several more feathers on my way to the trash can!! She scowls, but hasn't tried to resurrect a bird lately!!!

I assume you do not have an umpire, otherwise you could be penalised for Shuttle abuse!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why dont you just explain the reason to the old lady in a civilized manner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, the 'worse thing' is when you have a 'frugal' player who will not concede that a bird is dead! I have thrown aside birds that were completely frayed with broken or missing feathers, only to have them reappear in a later game!! One of our players, a 76 year old woman who has taken three cruises in the last year, to Costa Rica, around South America, and through Germany, will NEVER throw away a bird! One time, she wanted to use a bird that she had repaired with Scotch tape!! So now, when a bird has died, I ceremonially place it on the floor with it's feathers down, stomp on it, twist three times, and break off several more feathers on my way to the trash can!! She scowls, but hasn't tried to resurrect a bird lately!!!

hahaha, that would also sound like what taneepak will do to a 'new' mavis shuttle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow64 View Post
    Why dont you just explain the reason to the old lady in a civilized manner.

If you knew her, you would realize that such verbal communication would be a complete waste of effort, since she speaks little English, is hard of hearing, and if and when she does hear and understand, she will argue with, or ignore, most of what is said to her!!

But, she is the best 76 year old 4'-3" Philippine player we have, and we love her anyway! Well, most of us. Or, maybe a couple of us. But, I definately do. Well, sometimes. Or, make that occasionally!!!!

PS: We call the lines and keep score ourselves. Actually the hardest part of Badminton for us, even in doubles, is deciding what the current score is, and who is serving!! But we have a lot of fun, and as Thunder Lips told Rocky: "That's the name of the game!!".

PPS: You may not like what I said about her, but I didn't lie about her!!
    Last edited by FOURTEEN; 08-05-2008 at 05:00 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, be glad you are not using Penguin or Super Duck.
    Those are almost indestructible... and, um, self-resurrecting

PS: Maybe I could arrange to send a few to this 'cruising' friend of yours.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    hahaha, that would also sound like what taneepak will do to a 'new' mavis shuttle
    Cooler, are you trying to introduce Mavis plastic shuttles to them? Good try; let us hear what they have to say.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast