User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    You mean the guy, who posted to a 2 year old thread, that it is OK to play with damaged shuttles, because "Everyone at the court is using the same bird"

/Twobeer
    give fourteen some credit, for a senior he is willing try new thing, and have an open mind

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    give fourteen some credit, for a senior he is willing try new thing, and have an open mind
    I told you so...Cooler is happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FOURTEEN View Post
    Rev A

You mean the guy, who posted to a 2 year old thread, that it is OK to play with damaged shuttles, because "Everyone at the court is using the same bird"

/Twobeer

Apparently you had more than twobeer! No where on this forum did I say: "Everyone at the court is using the same bird" !! The most recent post previous to mine is dated 11-2-7. Being sober, I calculate that as nine months old!! (2years = 24 months)

Also, at what age are the posts on this forum irrelevant, outdated, worthless, useless, untrue, or unworthy of comment or further discussion?? Since I only visited this forum a few days ago following a long hiatus, for me nothing is!!! Perhaps "the guy, who posted to a 2 year old thread" found this thread interesting enough to add a post or two, as did others including the guy calling himself, or herself, Twobeer!! Perhaps the subject matter, information, or opinions have changed enough to warrant revisitation!!!

If indeed this thread is irrelevant, outdated, worthless, useless, untrue, or unworthy of comment or further discussion, why don't you petition the administrator to delete it!??!

PS: Unlike golf where each player uses his own ball, in Badminton all players in a game share the same bird. So, new bird or old, they all must use it and adjust their play accordingly.

No one should gain the advantage of using a new bird part way through a game. Because, if a new bird is introduced during a game, the first player to use it may have an advantage over the last person to use the old bird!

If everyone used their birds as long as possible, it would reduce the overall expense of Badminton for the individual, and the reduced demand might tend to lower the prices.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There's no need for anyone to get worked up.
    It's, ahem, just the plastic getting to people

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently you had more than twobeer! No where on this forum did I say: "Everyone at the court is using the same bird" !! The most recent post previous to mine is dated 11-2-7. Being sober, I calculate that as nine months old!! (2years = 24 months)

Also, at what age are the posts on this forum irrelevant, outdated, worthless, useless, untrue, or unworthy of comment or further discussion?? Since I only visited this forum a few days ago following a long hiatus, for me nothing is!!! Perhaps "the guy, who posted to a 2 year old thread" found this thread interesting enough to add a post or two, as did others including the guy calling himself, or herself, Twobeer!! Perhaps the subject matter, information, or opinions have changed enough to warrant revisitation!!!

If indeed this thread is irrelevant, outdated, worthless, useless, untrue, or unworthy of comment or further discussion, why don't you petition the administrator to delete it!??!

PS: Unlike golf where each player uses his own ball, in Badminton all players in a game share the same bird. So, new bird or old, they all must use it and adjust their play accordingly.

No one should gain the advantage of using a new bird part way through a game. Because, if a new bird is introduced during a game, the first player to use it may have an advantage over the last person to use the old bird!

If everyone used their birds as long as possible, it would reduce the overall expense of Badminton for the individual, and the reduced demand might tend to lower the prices.

I agree with you that 2 years old was not a valid statement, and you are right, even old post could be brought to life, is there is some new relevant info.

I have never petitioned the admin for removal of ANY post.. My firm beleif is that word should be free, and no one should be censored (In the case of commercial SPAM or obvious malace, I could however consider to make an exception :-) )

The exact quote from your post is "Everyone on the court during a game will be using exactly the same bird! Feather, nylon, fast, slow, new, old, fresh, damaged, cheap, expensive, yellow, or white!!"

my statement
    was not intended to be a word for word qute of your post... It was more of an "interpretation" of it.. (and please note "Interpretation" is also not a quote from your post... )

P.S. Could you consider changing to normal black fonts in your post..
    The red font makes you seem like an angry kid... D.S.

/Twobeer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    There's no need for anyone to get worked up.
    It's, ahem, just the plastic getting to people
    haha, I feel a lot of love in this room

Now back to the exciting start of the Olympics

/T

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I agree with you that 2 years old was not a valid statement, and you are right, even old post could be brought to life, is there is some new relevant info.

Maybe our friend here has found the magic of reversing his age . Maybe there is a way around time as we know it

I have never petitioned the admin for removal of ANY post.. My firm beleif is that word should be free, and no one should be censored (In the case of commercial SPAM or obvious malace, I could however consider to make an exception :-) )

The exact quote from your post is "Everyone on the court during a game will be using exactly the same bird! Feather, nylon, fast, slow, new, old, fresh, damaged, cheap, expensive, yellow, or white!!"

my statement

was not intended to be a word for word qute of your post... It was more of an "interpretation" of it.. (and please note "Interpretation" is also not a quote from your post... )

/Twobeer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD View Post

Maybe our friend here has found the magic of reversing his age . Maybe there is a way around time as we know it
    True, true :-)

But still the thread http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=29197 was indeed started 2005-12-29, and before mr. FOURTEEN posted to it the previous last post where 2006-01-13

But I Know, I am just being a Messerschmidt...

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=29197

The most recent post previous to mine is dated 11-2-7. Being sober, I calculate that as nine months old!! (2years = 24 months)
    Maybe some alcohol now and then just kill the slow and weak braincells, that are calculus-challenged

/Twobeer
    Last edited by twobeer; 08-08-2008 at 02:55 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does "Messerschmidt" mean beside the name of the great fighter used by German in WWII?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I would like to know too.

I prefer turbo prop over pistons anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by silentheart View Post
    What does "Messerschmidt" mean beside the name of the great fighter used by German in WWII?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's why you buy nylon shuttles. they last much much longer. feather play better but if your good with nylon, your even better with feather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD View Post
    I would like to know too.

I prefer turbo prop over pistons anyday.
    aah.. maybe its only in sweden.. I think there was an old joke in a movie or something..

Person A was frustrated on his friend (B) always having to be correct, an "picky".

A: "Please stop being be such a Messerschmidt"...

B: "It's called Besserwisser..."

/Twobeer

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I Know, I am just being a Messerschmidt...
    Errr... it's called a Besserwisser...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

/Twobeer

NO!!! As long as it is available as an option I will use it, because I like it, and I am not normal!! I am a 67 year old kid!

I am not angry, and I never get angry!! See? Your words don't bother me, bother me, bother me, .......

But, thank you for your concern!!

PS: What does using the Times New Roman font indicate??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO!!! As long as it is available as an option I will use it, because I like it, and I am not normal!! I am a 67 year old kid!

I am not angry, and I never get angry!! See? Your words don't bother me, bother me, bother me, .......

But, thank you for your concern!!

PS: What does using the Times New Roman font indicate??
    A small amount of nettiquette, and respect for other readers of the forum is not a bad thing.. Just because you, yourself, find it pretty or whatever?, should not stop you from maybe thinking what other people think of you and your message when they read your post..

I suggest you read http://www.n-etiquette.com/forum.htm

and maybe even: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=48363

Of course there are always "options" as well to use f-words, be rude, and dissrespectful to others as well...But just because the option exists does not mean it should not be wisely and restrictively.

Respect for other forum members and readers of your posts, is something to consider regardless of being 67 or 6 to 7 years of age.

My 2 cents,
    Twobeer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

having a big font is just wasting room in a thread.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, how much do you pay for a tube of RSL Classic, Aeroplane Black Label, and Hi-Qua Red?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast