BG 65 Ti String Package

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Casper, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Casper

Casper Regular Member

Student
    Anybody know if this is a genuine yonex string package or not. Looks different from the one from Yonex website....don't know if this is real or not. Or it's just an old package. Thank for your help.

Attached Files:

2. Casper

Casper Regular Member

Student
    They (store) told me the string that I've provided have expire or gone bad. So, when they do the string of my racquet..they snap. I've bought these string from HK during my vacation last month and I've bought a new MP 99 alone with the same string on the racquet. So, I couldn't understand why all the sudden the string that I've bought are no good.

3. aaronyim

aaronyim Regular Member

badminton teacher
    fake: no expiry date

4. Cannot_smash

Cannot_smash Regular Member

Bag snatcher hahaha
    Expiry date? Probably this is the first time i heard that strings has expiry date... Does the shopkeeper know what the hell he's talkin about?

And regarding the package, it looks real enough to me, and its is NOT an old packaging

5. aaronyim

aaronyim Regular Member

badminton teacher
    yah, mine all has expiry date, my packaging is directly from da factory and it doesn't look like yours i bought it on vacation to japan last week

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

Are you sure? I never saw any expiration date from yonex string package... :confused:

7. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    Never seen an expiration date on any of my strings either.....expiration date on a string doesn't really make sense, does it???

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I seriously doubt it. As long as you store it in normal room temperature, I don't think it will gone bad after months or even years. It's not food, and the packages are properly sealed.

If whatever you claim it's true, then during transports you should see all the string packages will be packed in meat freezer, and same for when they in the sports store. :p

9. JonYKN

JonYKN Regular Member

The strings probably snapped because the stringer did a bad job and didnt want to admit it. STRINGS DON'T EXPIRE!!! and the package looks real, my pack of BG80 looks almost the same

10. RSX

RSX Regular Member

expired string ...

Then maybe yours is fake ;)

Never seen an expiry date on Yonex string. However, I was given a pack of BG-65 strings that may have been either very old or stored under extreme conditions. Definately noticed the string was dryer than usual, didn't see anything that would lead me to belive it was fake.

11. drifterXL

drifterXL Regular Member

nope, no such thing as expiry date for strings. funny thing too, reading this made me suddenly pull out my one and only pack of NBG95 to see if its ok :p

12. gsloh

gsloh Regular Member

Definitely no expiry date on all the string packages I've used to date. So happens that I've got a pack of BG-68TI with me for restrings today. Bought from Royal Sporting House - Authorised Yonex Dealer in S'pore/M'sia (a.k.a. big chain of sports stores selling stuff at RRP). See pics.

I think that the reason your strings have snapped MAY be due to exposure to extreme heat or sunlight - did you store the strings in a car boot/attic/garage?? Sunlight (UV light) in particular can breakdown plastics

Attached Files:

13. TaRaKaN

TaRaKaN Regular Member

Hmm

My experience with buying strings from Hong Kong is that they do break more frequently. I don't think that the string is fake. Must be the change in climate. Also, I think coloured strings break more often than plain white ones. :p :p I used to buy alot of strings from HK. Now I don't.