Original rackets in singapore???

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by slamie, Apr 29, 2007.

1. slamie

slamie Regular Member

Hi guys,
    Just wanna ask few questions... I wanna buy a yonex rackets and its accesories...
    Can you all tell me where is the cheapest shop but also sell original yonex rackets in singapore???

here are some rackets that I consider to buy:
    Armortech 700
    Armortech 900
    Nanospeed 9000
    MusclePower 99
    Musclepower 100
    which one is the best?? is AT700 good enough?? also the price...

As far as I know, lots of people in this forum recommend shops at bras basah and queensway...
    Yesterday I went to Queensway and look around in few shops, there is 1 shop, i forgot the name, sell lots of yonex rackets and they told me that there are rackets made in china n japan, the china one is very cheap around SGD30++, but the japan one is alot expensive SGD100+ - 200+...
    Why is it so different??? fyi I consider to buy the made in japan one...

Then When we buy like for example Yonex AT700, how can we tell it is fake or real?? then will we got the string, grips, etc?? will we got warranty from the shop or waranty card from the distributor...

thanks

slam

2. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    Do you mean CH coded, for the distribution code? I'm pretty sure China does not make any Yonex products. They're either Made in Taiwan or Japan.

Oh, and try not to cram all those questions into one post. For one, this isn't the right forum for them. And, you should use the search function to attempt to find answers to your inquiries before asking.

3. sunpin

sunpin Regular Member

Some low end Yonex rackets are made in China. Yonex shoes are also made in China. :D

4. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    Yonex rackets are made in Japan, Taiwan or China. This is clearly stated at the butt end of the racket. Yonex never hide the fact that some of their rackets are made outside Japan. If you go into the official Yonex Japan web page, you can see some of the China-made rackets also shown in their official catelog (the Basic series).

The differences in price between the high end made-in Japan and the lower end range are in the technology (i.e. the "In" things such as nano, elastic ti etc etc) and the material used (ultra high module graphite vs normal graphite). Although whether these differences worth the price is up to individual dicretion and of course one's affordability.

There are many threads on how to differentiate genuine and fake rackets, so no points repeat here. If you are not experience enough to identify them visually, it is best only purchase from the recommended dealers as suggested by many members here. If still in doubt, the bottom line is to pay more and get one from the official Yonex retailer when they are having some promotion. Usually Yonex racket do come with a bag, whether it comes with string and grip will depend.

Do note even when you purchased from an official retailer, you donot get a warranty card. They however will help you to change if the racket is found to have defect. It is advisable if you keep the receipt as proof of purchase.

I can see you are new to this forum. There are tons of useful information here on badminton and equipment, use the Search properly and you will find most of your questions answered.

Welcome and enjoy this forum.

5. juste_millieu

juste_millieu Regular Member

Hi,
    Yonex Nanospeed 9000x is SGD250, with bag(just a cover for one racket, can't put in other sutff like clothing), grip, string.
    Yonex Armortec 900T is SGD265, with bag, grip, string.

Regards,
    Hee

6. slamie

slamie Regular Member

Thanks guys for the reply, need to ask one more question though, can someone tell me where can I buy an original yonex rackets in Singapore?? of course with a good price, cause I read from this forum, lots of members bought a fake one. thanks...

slam

7. slamie

slamie Regular Member

thanks Linus

slam

8. slamie

slamie Regular Member

fyi, I just found the yonex original showroom in Far East Plaza, Scotss Rd, quite complete collection of Yonex stuffs

9. Cannot_smash

Cannot_smash Regular Member

Bag snatcher hahaha
    All that with sky high pricing hehehe :D

10. utopia_imminent

utopia_imminent Regular Member

Student
    dude, nvr go there to buy rackets!!! those are meant for tourists who do not mind plunking down $400-500 on an at900. go to queensway shopping centre. tons of shops there wif good prices. the diff is price is at least $100.

11. slamie

slamie Regular Member

I'd go to queensway also, but the price is the same for AT700 and MP99. Can u tell me the specific shop in queensway?
    Does Gala Sports sell and original Yonex rackets (made in japan)?

In Yonex showroom at far east,
    1. muscle power 99 : S$199 discount from S$430+, promotion
    2. Armortec 700 : S$360+ discount from S$450+, 20%discount

thx
    slam

12. slamie

slamie Regular Member

where can I get this price?? the specific shop please

thx

13. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    the price of S$250 is a Gala. It is located at Queensway shopping center. Nearest Mrt station is Queensway MRT station. Another landmark that is close is the alexandra hospital. Hopes this helps. There is another shop call chua beng on the second floor that sells Yonex rackets. He get his stock from Sunrise.

P.S. Feels that Chua Beng does a better stringing job as compared to Gala.

Hope this helps. Anyway are you a local?

14. slamie

slamie Regular Member

thanks isben, this's really helpful. I know Queensway and Qala, but neva get to chua beng. Are these shops sell an original Yonex (made in Japan) rackets?

Anyway I'm not local, I'm Indonesian

15. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    Yup Chua Beng sells made in japan Yonex rackets. Got my Ns6k and most recently the Ti-10 from him both SP coded but made in Japan. As for Gala a few years back they got carry TH coded rackets. But thay might/could be made in Japan. Do check the base of the racket to be sure. Ask around for the price, some comes with strings n grips n small racket bags while others have different stuff thrown in or taken out.

16. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    isben,

If you mean Yonex high-end rackets, they are made in Japan. Racket code such as SP, TH, etc... would not matter in those cases.

17. slamie

slamie Regular Member

orite, thx isben, the SP code is ok with me, coz I'm interested in buying a new racket.
    Still confuse to buy AT700 or MP99.
    AT700 is around S$250 rite?

fyi: there're promotion in yonex shop at far east plaza, good deal i guess, coz Yonex AT900 offense + AT 900 technique + yonex big bag + others (I forgot) around S$360, MP99 S$199 + bag, etc
    Is it good deal or not?? hehe

slam

18. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

anyone know market prices for:
    at500 (new??)
    mp88 (blue)
    ti-10 (new)

19. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    anyone know market prices for: