Broke my NS8000 on a smash

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by mishiranu, Apr 29, 2007.

1. mishiranu

mishiranu Regular Member

Student
    Hi everyone,
    I broke my NS8K on a smash last week (my previous racket was a Ti3). The NS8K had bg80 strings at 24lbs, it cracked at the very top. Was the string tension too much for the racket? or did I smash too hard on the tip of the racket? or possibly a fake? The serial number is 090352CD. If anyone could possibly give me an explanation that would be great and thanks everyone.

2. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    What you provided there is the date code, not the serial number - we would like to see both anyways. Since it is CD coded, most likely it is real since there have not been any reports of counterfeit CDs.

24 lbs is in the manufactuer's recommended tension range.

What you could do it to go back to the shop where you got it from to warrent it for a new or contact Yonex Canada.

3. mishiranu

mishiranu Regular Member

Student
    Do rackets break this easily? this is the first racket I've broken, I was really suprised that I broke it. Also is the number above the date code the serial code? If it is, then it is 5427120. I bought this racket in Richmond at the Aberdeen Centre and recently moved to Grande Prairie, so I don't think I can get a warrent on it. Thanks again for the help!

4. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management
    Try contacting the shop on the phone and ship the racket back to them.

5. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

your warranty should be applicable no matter where in canada you are. i would say the best thing would be to contact yonex canada directly and see what they have to say.

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    It's very hard to determine what's the cause of your racket breakage. However, I will say mis-usage (mis-hit on the frame) might be the leading candidate for now. Of course, other factors such as previous clashes, possible bad string job, bad storage (leave in extremely hot/cold places), and manufacture defect are also possible.

You can try the warranty from Yonex, but in theory, it only covers the manufacture defect, but not others.

7. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    I agree with everyone else...contact Yonex. As for your Ns 8000, its a fairly fragile racket imo. That has already happened to a friend of mine already.

8. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Pity yonex racket users...change to another brand,just not yonex,would u?U dont wanna spend such a money on something that breaks that easy,r u?

9. mishiranu

mishiranu Regular Member

Student
    Yeah, I'll contact yonex to see what they have to say. I was also thinking of changing brands aswell, possibly forza? anyone have suggestions other than forza? I'm more of an offensive player. Thanks everyone

10. maxsports

maxsports Regular Member

Majority of badminton players are using Yonex racquets, that is the reason that you hear more bad news about Yonex's racquets. Most of us agree that Yonex make the best racquets in the world, the only drawback is the price remains too high. Some of my friends prefer brands other than Yonex due to price issues, and they never complain the breakage or other issues for their no-Yonex racquets on a public forum, coz they are cheap (in price not quality), so you hear much less noises about other brands.
    In your case, if the breakage is not caused by clash, I am pretty sure that you will get a replacement from Yonex, you will only have to pay $12 to send the racquet back to Yonex head office.

11. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Yes, contact Yonex. Since you did get at the shop(I forgot the store name) at Aberdeen Center, it's too far to send it back there.

12. mishiranu

mishiranu Regular Member

Student
    Awesome, I'll contact yonex and hopefully get it replaced. This was my first time breaking a racquet and thanks everyone for letting me know that you could talk to yonex about it.

13. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    You will most probably get it replaced.. But keep in mind NS8K, at least the earlier batches was very fragile (I have broken more NS8Ks than any other model I've played with)..

/Twobeer

14. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

The thing is that,do u know the difference between breaks,and breaks easily?I can surely accept the fact that a racket will break after a mean time,or caused by some major accidents.But from mishits,or smash?OMG..A racket supposed to be build to handle these things rite?
    U think rackets other than yonex is cheap?Then u dont know anything about rackets.Cheaper yes..cheap..not at all.Complains?Of course..but nothing breaks as easy as yonex high end racket does..

15. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

AT700's name equals to its price..i can accept that.Other ppl also should.Because more of the pros r using it.So does any other high end yonex rackets..but.shouldnt they at least be more durable than they are now?Considering the fact that they're the most expensive rackets in the market,n they hold pro players name on it as well?..isnt it funny to hear that some 200USD racket,that most pros r using, broke because of mishits,clear,smash,or any other thing that a racket should be able to manage to do so?For me,it sounds really funny,yet feeling pity for the users..because,if that's the fact,then probably those rackets r probably not meant to be played with..but to be hanged on the wall..

#15 Smichz, Apr 30, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  16. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

well, a lot of forumers here swear by sotx, why don't you give that a go.
    shouldn't be too hard to get one in canada, or from the states.

17. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1) the warrenty is not applicable because it is a 2005 racquet. The warrenty is only good for 1 yr (unless you can provide a proof of purchase that racquet is bought new in less than 12 month old).
    2) NS8k has slim frame for the performance. It was not designed to take any shuttle hit on the frame or clash.