advice on a new racket please

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Gabriel, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Gabriel

Gabriel Guest

i am an intermediate and i have to buy a new racket cuz my cab20 has broken, any advices? oh ya i need more power in my clears and smashes if that helps, thanx

2. ^shaz^

^shaz^ Regular Member

if u want to stick with Yonex then i would recommend either:

Ti-10
    MP77
    MP100 (MP77 nicer imo)
    Iso SP SS/SX
    or even another Cab20/21

With the 1st 4 you will have to get used to the iso head shape as if i am right cabs have traditional head shape.

U could also try the likes of Forza, Carlton, Fleet, Ashaway and so on, but i would tend to stick to yonex as i have tried many of clones. Heard that Forza are excellent tho!

3. Gabriel

Gabriel Guest

ive been browsing around i found the Ti-7 interesting, is that a good one for me also?

4. Josh

Josh Guest

Try the Carlton Airblade 900. It would be perfect for you as it is very explosive and would work nicely for your smashes and clears.

5. ^shaz^

^shaz^ Regular Member

Yeah i would agree, but Ti-7 is also a very nice racket... i am a yonex person myself so i would go with yonex, having tried the carltons aswell they are good rackets but still yonex does it for me (-:

6. ligak

ligak Guest

power in clear and smashes? racquet type play a little effect. If you have the technique and strength, even using a racquet made of wood(as long as the string tension suit you) you still can be a good player. You just have to adapt to the new racquet. if you are a profesional or high skill player, yes, every advantage is good. if playing under the beginner or intermediate group, any racquet will do. it more to the body and skill development.

7. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Stick to the cab 20! one of the best ever!If u cant play well with a cab 20 then u cant play well with anything! So dont worry! Go ahead and get a Cab 20Sp!

8. Gabriel

Gabriel Guest

yes it was ok, i played fine with it! but it broke. but my uncle knows a manager from yonex europe so its tempting to get a expensive racket for a very cheap price hehe, but ya maybe i'll get another cab20!

9. Sam

Sam Guest

hey Gabriel, i am selling my Carbonex 20 for 60 cdn. still in mint condition. email me if you are interested.