MISBUN's REJUVENATION

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007' started by X Ball, May 3, 2007.

1. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Yes, despite all your stinging remarks about Misbun, I am saying he should be promoted back to being the official BAM's Singles Coach. And no 'BUT' please !

Why you ask ? BECAUSE AN INJUSTICE WAS DONE TO HIM ! When Hafiz dropped in form after the ALL-ENGLAND, they called in Li Mao but it was not to train HAFIZ but everybody else. Why ? You should ask ?

Now look at Hafiz beating a revitalised LCW, who was going to improve. What does it mean....it means Misbun was a good coach, it was the Hafiz, the BAD player.

With Hafiz now saying he will be more motivated to win because of his impending marriage (needs the money more than ever I bet !), it proves my point that there was nothing wrong with the coaching but everything to do with the motivation of the player.

Sure, for those who want a foreign coach, think about this : Li Mao left in a hurry after less than a couple of years services and all it did was raised LCW to become a loser eventually. Is this for the good of all Malaysian players ? Did you not hear it from LCW --- he voluntarily went back to Misbun ? Why don't you hear it from the player himself --- he would not be wrong because it would mean the worse for his career if he goes back to the wrong coach. He knows Misbun is good.

So, think again you shallow fans of no faith in your own countryman coach. Shame on you !

#1 X Ball, May 3, 2007
    Last edited: May 3, 2007
  2. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

i think you might not have all the facts right on this one. as far as i can remember, when li mao was hired, HH was given a choice and he chose to continue training under misbun.

as for li mao leaving in a hurry, that's BAM's fault and not his own. stalling a coach on a new contract for months on end is very demoralising and not having job security is a concern, so i don't blame li mao for taking a firmer offer elsewhere.

3. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Yeah they did not think it was Misbun's faults that Hafiz droppd in form,which is my point. And Li Mao was not forced to quit, he just felt insecure and did not want to wait around like the other coaches (BAM always said they were going to rehire all of them but they have to wait).

But my point here is MISBUN SHOULD BE RECONFIRMED AS HEAD SINGLES Coach.

4. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Fresh idea but your point are not strong enough to convince me Misbun deserves it. Look at players under his belt, show me the results !!! The fact that Hafiz beat LCW by surprise at this tournament only tells me LCW continues to go downhill, Hafiz remains the same old Hafiz who can no longer show any promises.

5. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

I believe Hafiz will lose to a lower rank player in the Aviva Open soon. LCW is just too lousy recently. I dun want to comment him anymore. Just too upset...

6. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I think this thread can be settled. Hafiz just convincingly lost to Boonsak. So it's LCW playing worse than before, not Hafiz bounce back.

7. block306

block306 Regular Member

Agreed, Hafiz is a goner already. I cannot understand why BAM is still banging on him. He is probably the MOST unreliable, inconsistent player I ever seen in M'sian badmintnon history. At least I can see Kuan BH made an effort though losing to Chen Yu today.
    As I have mentioned before, there is NO WAy Hafiz will put in 100% effort into playing badminton anymore as he is already a millionaire (in RM) after winning AE.

8. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer

9. jeyel

jeyel Regular Member

Actually for Kuan BH and Hafiz, there is no other direction for them except down...

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i think that's an injustice done to Hafiz more than to Misbun. but perhaps not as i remember correctly, it was Hafiz own choosing to continue to train under Misbun, afterall, he was from the Mahsuri stable and i think he held some loyalty to his coach.

so imho, no injustice are done here. it is all to each person's own choosing.

11. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

yup, i agree that HH's inconsistency is a problem. he obviously has the skill and talent to beat the best players in the world, but i think he needs some mental training more than physical training at the moment. i bet you if he had a mentor/sports phychologist/motivator he'd be a different player.

as for KBH, he remains an enigma to me. he seems to produce his best form when he's up against the top players, eventually losing a close tie. however, when he plays against lower ranked/skilled opponents, he doesn't appear to have to bottle to defeat them.

12. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    Hopefully, people don't carry much false hope on either LCW or HH any more. Both of them seems to be very happy if they are to be the successor of LHI as the new Mr. Quarter-finalist... funny how LCW said he wants to make it to the semi for once this year in either the Singapore or Indonesia Open when he has to beat Lin Dan in both event to get there. Now that he couldn't even beat Hafiz, when Hafiz admitted that he was already tired... How in the world is he going to beat Lin Dan whom has more stamina and a much better player than Hafiz???:rolleyes::confused::confused::confused:

13. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

This only reveals a serious flaw in BAM system or they have too much money to burn. I do not believe Mal is short of young talent players. However, Hafiz (another player in the same league is Lee Tsuan Seng ) is just there in every tournament and we know he will be out in early rounds, its so predictable. Why keep him there ??? Why keep players who no longer show promises ??? Do like China, promote the young players and kick those seniors out if they cannot advance anymore.

14. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Hmmm.....I think everyone has strong ideas here like me.

I am still not convinced that Hafiz nor LCW are not back on track even though they are out of the SO this early, which I think is only because Hafiz expended too much energy trying to prove a point that LCW can be beaten by him.

I think both of them are getting better but unfortunately you are guys get to call the shot here because Hafiz could not carry on to prove the case.

As far as I am concerned, nobody can blame Misbun because he had shown that his coaching had gotten positive results before : e.g. Hafiz with AE, WCH with runners-up in World Championship (and No.1 momentarily), and LCW gaining from his tutelage and breaking into the big-time (multiple MOs).

I think the players and perhaps an inexperienced BAM are to be blamed - BAM for not making sure the players sustained their efforts by enforcing strict training regimes, and players for taking easy and letting their mindsets be weakened by gifts/money. Sometimes giving too much too quickly takes away the motivation of the players.

15. darenong

darenong Regular Member

... do any of them can 'cope' with the rest of the world ? or they r just playing thier best ... same with the coaches ... they do the best they can think of .. but sometimes the best in them is not as good as the rest of the world is packed with .... and ... misbun as head coach is a joke ! i seriously believe that if hafiz was training under li mao instead of lcw ... hafiz could just have wat it takes to be lin dan's greatest rival .... th is just old lol
    tats onli my believe dont ask idiot questions please lol i repeat dont ask stupitt questions

16. kenny7_2006

kenny7_2006 Regular Member

Working student...
    Misbun's Rejuvenation? nah.... unlikely... he doesnt seem to have that ooomph to be the head coach...

look now, at the Singapore Open, the best singles performer is Wong Choon Hahn, and who coaches him? Wong Tat Meng...

17. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

Everytime Hafiz and LCW represent Msia, their results are predictable. They will not bring any title home. Why BAM still want to waste money on them?
    If I were BAM, I would rather pick the youngsters with good prospect to play the tournaments. At least we have something to look forward.

18. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Hafiz's supporters can feel better now

Boonsak is in fabulous form this time. ;)

19. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Name some youngsters and give us some prediction of how far they will go in SS. Will they even qualify or get past the first round? That's something to look forward to? Sure, dump LCW and Hafiz now. What have you got? Name them now.

20. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

Of course Msia dun hav a youngster who can win a title within a short period. But experience will help the youngster grow into a better player for sure. The youngsters need more exposure, especially the experience playing against the world class players.
    Instead of wasting money on those players who already cannot make it, why don't we spend those money to polish the youngsters?