do i have to stick to it? new carlton racket??

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Iori Yagami, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Iori Yagami

Iori Yagami Guest

On my MP 77 (2U) the string tension recommendation is 18lbs - 22lbs . I was just wondering if the racket is able to hold a higher string tension. I want to put it up to 24lbs but I am scared that the frame of the racket might break since I am goin over the recommendation by 2lbs .
    Help please...... thanks

Iori Yagami

p.s have u guys heard of a new carlton racket coming out??? i dont know wot its called but i would like to find out soo if anyone knows then please tell me .. thanks again!

2. Josh

Josh Guest

The Carlton that you are talking about might be the AS TI. Is that it???

3. ^shaz^

^shaz^ Regular Member

MP77 will take 24lb no probs i would think, i have my ti-10 at 23-25lbs and that has a much thinner frame, also i know a few guys who have their rackets strung at that kinda tension.

4. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Usually a racquet would break either due to poor stringing, clashes, manufacturing flaws, or the player mishitting by hitting the frame too much.

I'm sure your frame can handle that easily, but also make sure you're ready for a higher tension, otherwise I find it a waste of money for people to restring just for the heck of it... unless you do your own stringing, or have money to burn that's a whole other story.

Anyways, if you're afraid it might not handle the tension, inspect your frame thoroughly for cracks, scratches, split grommets where the string is making contact with the carbon, and look for any minute fractures if possible. Then ask your stringer to do the same for you. All stringers should be inspecting frames before they re-string for you.

As for your question... personally I think your tension should be fine. As it is for the majority of players. If you wanna save a few bucks, just play until the string breaks, then restring, and savor the higher tension.

5. Mikie

Mikie Regular Member

banker
    It can't be so. I've been playing with AsTi since June 2001. And I got 2 of them (one was broken and repaired - and it still withstand 12 kg! I didn't risk more but my stringer said he could manage 13 at least). So it is not new at all, you see...

Hey, Iori, what did you say about a new racket? Where did you hear that? Would you mind putting a word here if you find out more?

Carlton be damned! Why they can't spare a couple of hours and put some information on their site!!!! Argh! >:-F~~~